Preseason TNF: Jets/skins, Pitt/GB, Eagles/Pats

YoloinOhio

Am I the only one that didn't see a personal foul on that play in the GB game?  Multiple angles show a hit with the shoulder and a textbook hit at that......  This rule will destroy the game....

Edited by sven233

2 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

There is no game on NBC, and NFLN is just showing delayed look-ins of the untelevised games.

Not sure what the OP was talking about.

ESPN has Jets.. idk bout others

Edited by JerseyBills

Brady just threw a little dump screen that went for a TD.  Still in at the end of the second...

fwiw, the Pats game is on CBS here - I'm in NE, so I'm sure the network is a market thing.

Darnold picked off a tipped ball, going for it on 4th down, in / near the red zone.

Edited by Heitz

Darnold gets a meh from me so far. A lot of standing in the pocket followed by check downs. Sure, the announcer says he's impressed with his poise in the pocket, which I can see to an extent, but you think he'd find someone down the field occasionally. The only down field passes I've seen are to guys that are basically wide open. 

I know I'm biased, but I loved seeing Allen sling it down the field. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Am I the only one that didn't see a personal foul on that play in the GB game?  Multiple angles show a hit with the shoulder and a textbook hit at that......  This rule will destroy the game....

It may destroy the game, but according to the rule, if a player lowers his head to initiate contact, it is irrelevant if the shoulder makes contact. So, when we discuss the demise of the league, let's be precise about the rule. No lowering of the head.

Just now, elroy16 said:

Darnold gets a meh from me so far. A lot of standing in the pocket followed by check downs. Sure, the announcer says he's impressed with his poise in the pocket, which I can see to an extent, but you think he'd find someone down the field occasionally. The only down field passes I've seen are to guys that are basically wide open. 

I know I'm biased, but I loved seeing Allen sling it down the field. 

McDermott and our secondary will have a field day with Darnold. 

26 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Daernolds been capt checkdown this preseason

Many young QB's tend to be.  Takes a little while to feel comfortable sitting back there going through progressions.  Allen has been impressive to me so far in that regard.

I think Darnold is going to be good.  This QB class is the future, IMO.