Preseason TNF: Jets/skins, Pitt/GB, Eagles/Pats

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Many young QB's tend to be.  Takes a little while to feel comfortable sitting back there going through progressions.  Allen has been impressive to me so far in that regard.

I think Darnold is going to be good.  This QB class is the future, IMO.

Actually, I think most young QBs taken in the first round tend to air it out in preseason because they think they can beat NFL secondaries like they did collegiate ones. 

Darnold seems reminiscent of another USC QB drafted by the Jests in the first round: Mark Sanchez.

It's a bit early to declare this QB a great one.  The 2012 class was supposed to be so great, too, with Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, and Brandon Weeden going in the first round, but if it hadn't been for the three QBs taken in the third and fourth rounds -- Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, and Kirk Cousins -- 2012 would have been just another average QB class.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was going to start a separate thread on this but decided to leave it here. Where does Teddy wind up? If I were the Jags, I’d take a swing. The Bucs, Dolphins and Broncos make some sense. I also could see a team with an aging starter trying to bring him in as their next guy (Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Giants, Pats, Chargers). 

9 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Ok, so we’ve arrived?

Who’s been right more often about the Bills over the last 20 years, you or the national media?

I'm hopeful that we’ve turned a corner, but there is a reason that we’re a National afterthought.  When we start to consistently win the attention will come.  It’s not personal as fans like you make it.

WTF. So breaking the drought is now not good enough? You're mad because we aren't winning Super Bowls yet or that your precious drought got ended? Here's a thought. Stop paying attention to media who basically know nothing about the Bills, and enjoy watching the first competent regime in decades build a winner. Sorry it's not happening fast enough for you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

WTF. So breaking the drought is now not good enough? You're mad because we aren't winning Super Bowls yet or that your precious drought got ended? Here's a thought. Stop paying attention to media who basically know nothing about the Bills, and enjoy watching the first competent regime in decades build a winner. Sorry it's not happening fast enough for you. 

I'm not mad at all, and I'm very bullish on the future.  I just think it's odd that so many think the national media is out to get us or something.  Like I said, when we win consistently we will get the attention.  

Maybe you should take your own advice.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was going to start a separate thread on this but decided to leave it here. Where does Teddy wind up? If I were the Jags, I’d take a swing. The Bucs, Dolphins and Broncos make some sense. I also could see a team with an aging starter trying to bring him in as their next guy (Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Giants, Pats, Chargers). 

Shurmer coached him in Minnesota, and Davis Webb has looked like crap for NYG. Plus he’s already in the same stadium. Would be a great move for them imo.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'm not mad at all, and I'm very bullish on the future.  I just think it's odd that so many think the national media is out to get us or something.  Like I said, when we win consistently we will get the attention.  

Maybe you should take your own advice.

They aren't out to get us. There is an established narrative with the Bills. And you said earlier that the media has been "right" for 20 years. Really they haven't been. It's just that you give them a win when they say 4 wins and the Bills get 7.  

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

:thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

......right on the money Promo....like it...........:thumbsup:

Darnold looked OK, he looked like a rookie, some good some bad. Clearly a player still learning the pro-game. I suspect that the Jets are probably going to try and trade Bridgewater to a QB thirsty team for a solid draft pick. While they start McCown until the bye week where Darnold starts the last 7 games of the season. Unless Darnold lights up week 3 of the pre-season I think the Jets air on the side of caution with Darnold.