Playoff Predictions

EersN'Bills

Who are your four teams to make it? And your sleeper team that can crash the party?

Will it be another year with two SEC teams and another Clemson-Bama matchup? 

College football is only 16 days away. Let's hear from you!

1.) Bama

2.) Clemson

3.) Oklahoma

4.) Georgia

Sleeper team: Homer pick, WVU.

If they can beat Oklahoma in Morgantown then somehow beat them in the Big 12 Title game they could make it. This might be their best offense in history.

I don't think OSU makes it.

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

1. Georgia

2. TCU

3. Clemson

4. Penn State

I was tempted to put Miami over Clemson, but they're going to lose when they come to Blacksburg in November.

I really think Virginia Tech can be a sleeper team too. Fuentes is an excellent coach (I was hoping WVU wouldn't renew Holgs' contract and hire Fuentes when he was at Memphis) and Jackson has a year of experience under his belt. 

If they do beat Miami like you said, then they'll win the Coastal and will just have to upset Clemson in the title game. The Atlantic will be a bear. NC State, who WVU plays Week 3 in Raleigh, will be a dangerous team. Florida State I envision having a bit of a transition year under Taggart's first season and Francois coming back from a serious knee injury.

Another important Week 1 matchup for Va Tech.

TCU has a tough schedule. Has to go on the road vs WVU and Texas, home vs Oklahoma and a non conference matchup vs. Ohio St. Them and Texas are definitely WVU's toughest competition for the #2 spot, but that schedule is daunting and WVU has Oklahoma and TCU in Morgantown.

Should be a fun year!

15 hours ago, EersN'Bills said:

I really think Virginia Tech can be a sleeper team too. Fuentes is an excellent coach (I was hoping WVU wouldn't renew Holgs' contract and hire Fuentes when he was at Memphis) and Jackson has a year of experience under his belt. 

If they do beat Miami like you said, then they'll win the Coastal and will just have to upset Clemson in the title game. The Atlantic will be a bear. NC State, who WVU plays Week 3 in Raleigh, will be a dangerous team. Florida State I envision having a bit of a transition year under Taggart's first season and Francois coming back from a serious knee injury.

Another important Week 1 matchup for Va Tech.

TCU has a tough schedule. Has to go on the road vs WVU and Texas, home vs Oklahoma and a non conference matchup vs. Ohio St. Them and Texas are definitely WVU's toughest competition for the #2 spot, but that schedule is daunting and WVU has Oklahoma and TCU in Morgantown.

Should be a fun year!

Tech's success will depend on Patterson imo. Jackson seems to have already peaked.

1) University of Alabama Crimson Tide

2) Clemson

3) Washington (great coach and easy conference)

4) Georgia

I left the Big 10 out because imo they will wear each other down. Lots of talent up there.

22 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

1. Alabama 

2. Clemson

3. Georgia 

4. Washington 

Go Canes!!!!

I didn't see your post before I sent mine in. I didn't think anyone else would give Washington much of a chance.

Edited by Bill from NYC

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

1) University of Alabama Crimson Tide

2) Clemson

3) Washington (great coach and easy conference)

4) Georgia

I didn't see your post before I sent mine in. I didn't think anyone else would give Washington much of a chance.

I think they're definitely going to contend. Like you said, easy conference.  With that being said,  they're my least likely team to make it. I was struggling between them and Sconsin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.