John Brennan's Security Clearance

3rdnlng

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

He didn't get rid of Brennan

Brennan is a former CIA director who still enjoyed his security clearance, post federal employment, who now works as a talking head for CNN.

Brennan is also a criminal, will get his comeuppance, and had no business holding a clearance, and using it for what he was (the persistence of a palace coup against a duly elected President)[/I].  Full stop.

Further, had he fired Brennan (which he didn't because Brennan never worked for him), he would have been fully justified within the scope of his Constitutionally prescribed powers.

Members of the Executive branch serve at the pleasure of the President.  Again, full stop,

Congress has no Constitutional authority in the matter.  None.  Zip.  Zilch.

If you disagree, please source the provision in the Constitution which grants Congress oversight over either or both the retention of the head of the CIA and who is permitted to keep security clearances.

That's easy.  Congress has the power to impeach if they feel the executive abuses his power.

If he removed him based on the statement put out by the White House, fine.  But as happens far too often his own words with the WSJ belie that.  

As for you Rhino, the reason I want this handled by Mueller is because we have a special prosecutor who has been given the mandate to find out how a foreign enemy managed to influence our democracy.  I tryst him to do so.  I have looked at some of the deep state stuff.  I'm not impressed.  I find it to be confirmation bias; things are picked over here and there and conflated to try and buttress a preconceived notion.  I have much more faith in a man who served his country in uniform with distinction, and who then protected this country from foreign attack for years as head of the FBI, to find the truth.  Everyone in government had the highest regard for the guy until it interfered with their politics then all of a sudden he's crooked?  Not a chance.  I know you don't agree , and we'll simply have to do so.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

to find out how a foreign enemy managed to influence our democracy

1. nobody can prove that Russia hacked Podesta

2. the hacks of Podesta proved there was a plot to influence the election - CNN cheated and gave the debate questions to Hillary before the debate

3. the unproven accusations about Russia are still peanuts compared to Algore going to a Buddhist Temple and raising CHINESE MONEY for the Clinton campaign

Any way you slice it, those who are supporting Mueller have no truth and total hypocrisy. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Your paranoid rantings about the deep state aside, the proper place to voice such objections is with Congress so they can carry out their constitutionally prescribed duty to be a check and balance against the Executive branch.

The president himself said he did this because of the Russia investigation.  So don't tell me it's entirely due to anything else but the president being paranoid about an investigation into the potential involvement of his campaign.

What the president has yet to figure out is that people pay attention to what he says and then hold him accountable for such.

It's too bad you don't hold anyone else accountable. Keep sticking your head in the sand. When it comes to the Democratic party, ignorance is bliss.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That's easy.  Congress has the power to impeach if they feel the executive abuses his power.

If he removed him based on the statement put out by the White House, fine.  But as happens far too often his own words with the WSJ belie that.  

As for you Rhino, the reason I want this handled by Mueller is because we have a special prosecutor who has been given the mandate to find out how a foreign enemy managed to influence our democracy.  I tryst him to do so.  I have looked at some of the deep state stuff.  I'm not impressed.  I find it to be confirmation bias; things are picked over here and there and conflated to try and buttress a preconceived notion.  I have much more faith in a man who served his country in uniform with distinction, and who then protected this country from foreign attack for years as head of the FBI, to find the truth.  Everyone in government had the highest regard for the guy until it interfered with their politics then all of a sudden he's crooked?  Not a chance.  I know you don't agree , and we'll simply have to do so.

If you trust Mueller there is a problem.

1 minute ago, LaDexter said:

1. nobody can prove that Russia hacked Podesta

2. the hacks of Podesta proved there was a plot to influence the election - CNN cheated and gave the debate questions to Hillary before the debate

3. the unproven accusations about Russia are still peanuts compared to Algore going to a Buddhist Temple and raising CHINESE MONEY for the Clinton campaign

Any way you slice it, those who are supporting Mueller have no truth and total hypocrisy. 

Also, Buddhist temple rhymes with Juddhist temple.  Coincidence?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Keep your trysts out of this thread! Seriously, there's no doubt that Brennan did some crooked things and was at the heart of the Dossier that was used for the FISA warrant that allowed the IC to spy on the Trump campaign.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

there's no doubt that Brennan did some crooked things

LMFAO!!!!

You conspiracy WHACKO!!!!!!

KEEP your BS conspiracy stuff out of my topic!!!!

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Kids Who Can't Read Good.

and then there is the place for posters who can't use the English language WELL....

Image result for criminoles

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If you don't believe the deep state argument to be compelling, then you haven't read it.

Greg's (DR) research, posted here and fully sourced with primary documents, has led to one of the most compelling arguments I've ever read anywhere.

If you've read "some of the deep state stuff", then you haven't read Greg's fully sourced timeline, and really need to .

If you do that, and dismiss it, fine.

But you've dismissed it before reading it.

Don't do that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

A security issue could be issued essentially immediately if a guy has had prior top level clearance.  Certainly that could be written into law.

I would prefer Brennan not be as vocal as he has been, but he is I think genuinely concerned about what is going on.  Those concerns would be best expressed to members of Congress in my opinion, but he has a right to speaking as we all do. 

Do you not see what problems it might cause when a president deliberately takes security clearance  away from people because he has a personal vendetta, or because he is upset about an investigation that involves his own administration?  Imagine if Nixon had had that unfettered power during Watergate.  He tried to use it on the Saturday night massacre, and luckily the legislative and judicial branches did their jobs.

He's only concerned about saving his ass. You're hatred of President Trump is blinding you from seeing what is actually happening. I call it wilful ignorance. You refuse to see what everyone else can see.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

A security issue could be issued essentially immediately if a guy has had prior top level clearance.  Certainly that could be written into law.

I would prefer Brennan not be as vocal as he has been, but he is I think genuinely concerned about what is going on.  Those concerns would be best expressed to members of Congress in my opinion, but he has a right to speaking as we all do. 

Do you not see what problems it might cause when a president deliberately takes security clearance  away from people because he has a personal vendetta, or because he is upset about an investigation that involves his own administration?  Imagine if Nixon had had that unfettered power during Watergate.  He tried to use it on the Saturday night massacre, and luckily the legislative and judicial branches did their jobs.

He's only concerned about saving his ass. You're hatred of President Trump is blinding you from seeing what is actually happening. I call it wilful ignorance. You refuse to see what everyone else can see.

Like it or not, 911 has entered the Brennan debate....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/mcraven-trump-brennan-security-clearance-revoke/index.html

"Retired Adm. William McRaven, the man who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden, issued a stunning rebuke of President Donald Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan on Thursday, defending the former spy chief as "one of the finest public servants I have ever known."

Of course, the "finest public servant" he ever knew was... Col Ossman.

Honestly, is anyone still fooled by that plastic head they dumped in the ocean??

Bottom line - Brennan's "supporters" are 911 Traitors, all of 'em...

and then Seal Team 6 got the same fate as those who noticed too much at the base of Mt Sinai 3300 years ago....

https://www.quora.com/How-many-members-of-the-Navy-SEAL-team-that-killed-Osama-Bin-Laden-are-still-alive

Seal Team 6 all dead.

Col Ossman alive and well living it up on the WEST BANK.

20 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not unfettered.  It needs a phone and a pen.

As well, the Exec has to decide to act on a thought and execute that thought.

I hope oldmanfart isn't confusing "doing anything you damn please" with "ability to freely carry out executive orders at will"

21 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Like it or not, 911 has entered the Brennan debate....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/mcraven-trump-brennan-security-clearance-revoke/index.html

"Retired Adm. William McRaven, the man who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden, issued a stunning rebuke of President Donald Trump's decision to revoke the security clearance of former CIA Director John Brennan on Thursday, defending the former spy chief as "one of the finest public servants I have ever known."

Of course, the "finest public servant" he ever knew was... Col Ossman.

Honestly, is anyone still fooled by that plastic head they dumped in the ocean??

Bottom line - Brennan's "supporters" are 911 Traitors, all of 'em...

and then Seal Team 6 got the same fate as those who noticed too much at the base of Mt Sinai 3300 years ago....

https://www.quora.com/How-many-members-of-the-Navy-SEAL-team-that-killed-Osama-Bin-Laden-are-still-alive

Seal Team 6 all dead.

Col Ossman alive and well living it up on the WEST BANK.

I'm conflicted here...

DC Tom doesn't support Brennan...

See the source image

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Just because your enemy slides a knife through your 4th and 5th ribs while pretending to be about the greater good does not mean you should let him 

There is no need to run around like chicken little wondering about all the vast knowledge he might be able to provide, if needed, after he clocks out at the end of his day job.  If it's that crucial, we can always kick the rock back and ask him. 

What crap. He criticized Trump, that's all he did and the child erupted and had a hissy fit. 

47 minutes ago, westside said:

So unhinged you had to say it twice. Get laid or try some weed - it'll do you wonders.

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What crap. He criticized Trump, that's all he did and the child erupted and had a hissy fit. 

Everyone has an opinion my man, and your seems to be "everything is fair game unless it's happening to my people". Interestingly brennan seems to share your opinion. 

When in doubt, I go to this: 

If the clearance can be revoked, and the president choose to revoke it, time to move along. 

Brennan is a cancer, and seems an awful lot like the guy who retires but can't stay away from the office. He's all about telling you how it should be, the way things should go, and how dumb everyone is but him. The only difference is that at one point, he had the ability to ruin lives as he saw fit. 

Trump simply told him it was time to go home.  He did him a favor. There's nothing more pathetic than an old man wandering around, muttering about the good old days when you could bust heads with impunity when the world has passed him by. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd