How did Foster make the team?

wppete

On 8/16/2018 at 9:50 AM, Sky Diver said:

You know that he outran Kevin Seymour, a 4.39 guy by several yards, right?

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Interesting considering he outraced a CB with 4.39 speed.

I know, you told me that yesterday. Matter of fact you told many people that yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Typical Saban offensive players---usually NFL duds.

You mean like Julio Jones? Amari Cooper? Calvin Ridley? The soon to be leading rusher in Saints history, Mark Ingram? 

Foster issues I think are all mental. Has the physical skills but not mentally in the game.

Levi Wallace has been playing good.

Anyone got ice cream? 

4 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

You mean like Julio Jones? Amari Cooper? Calvin Ridley? The soon to be leading rusher in Saints history, Mark Ingram? 

Foster issues I think are all mental. Has the physical skills but not mentally in the game.

Levi Wallace has been playing good.

Anyone got ice cream? 

Julios great. Cooper was awful last year, the jury is still out on him. Ridley hasn't even played a snap yet. Mark Ingram has a whopping 2 1000 yard seasons I believe. He's taken 7 seasons to rush for 5,000 yds. That's a bit of a misleading statistic.

So you're 1/4. Terrific point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Cooper was hurt most of the year and Ingram plays on a team that emphasizes the pass. Point made back to you.

Which is exactly why he's not a great RB. He's respectable, but he's no where near great. That franchise doesn't have a history of good rbs, and has been emphasizing the pass as you pointed out for like the last 15 years. Being the Saints all time leading rusher for a shade over 6,000 yds, over 8 years isn't impressive. He's be respectable, but he's not someone I'd use to debunk the narrative that Alabama doesn't churn out offensive talent.

However, the more I think about it, they are probably right where they should be. Clemson, FSU, USC, ND, OSU could have cases made against their offensive players being underwhelming.

7 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Ridley scored a td tonight...another point. 

Foster was a stretch no one is saying he wasn't. Julio and Ingram were recruited by Saban in 2008. His first real recruiting year in Bama. Let the Bama hate go.

It's Preseason. I like Ridley but the guy hasn't played a regular season game. You're not making any points on Ridley that put him in the conversation of good NFL players Alabama has produced. I'm done because clearly you're unhinged.

Edited by Ol Dirty B