How did Foster make the team?

wppete

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Foster makes these guys look like they are wearing cement shoes. It looks like he caused a few ankle injuries.

I can link 500000000 videos of guys making great plays in college too, only to fail in the NFL.

It's pretty sad at this point that you are trying to keep this going.

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Foster makes these guys look like they are wearing cement shoes. It looks like he caused a few ankle injuries.

I'll send this to coach McDermott. Remember to activate Foster for our game against Colorado State. Which week do we play them?

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'll send this to coach McDermott. Remember to activate Foster for our game against Colorado State. Which week do we play them?

Coach is probably upset this video made it to YouTube, now his secret weapon, Foster, will be known to everybody.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can't believe Foster wasn't the #1 overall pick.  He made CSU players look like they have cement in their shoes.

It's crazy.

I bet the Browns are really upset they missed on him.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

I disagree. He certainly made a play on Allen's first pass. It just didn't result in a TD because the ball was thrown out of bounds.

Then he didn't make the play, because he had no awareness of his feet in regards to the sideline.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know of any film of college players playing against NFL players, do you?

If you can't see Foster's potential, I don't know what to say.

Daboll certainly did and he coached Foster.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

I don't know of any film of college players playing against NFL players, do you?

That's why they waited to take him as an udfa, right?

24 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If they had cement in their shoes....how in the world was this his only catch?  I would think if he makes players look like they have cement in their shoes, he would have a little more production don't you think?

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Roughly 255 players are drafted each year.  How much potential did they see when no one drafted him?  Not even a 7th round pick...completely undrafted.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

That's why they waited to take him as an udfa, right?

You are aware that nearly 30% of NFL players were undrafted right?

Many have become stars.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-draft-best-players-undrafted-history-rankings-042617

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Many have become stars.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-draft-best-players-undrafted-history-rankings-042617

We shouldn't have taken Josh Allen in the first then.  We should taken him as an UDFA I guess.  

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

ODB, I don't know if Foster will be any good. I HOPE so but who knows?

As for the bold print above, try to understand that Foster played on a team with a great wr Calvin Ridley, AND a qb who was a runner and a game manager. A case could be made that he is not such a good passer at all. Additionally, deep down; Coach Saban prefers running the football over throwing it. He has adapted well (obviously) to the times but seriously.....he would rather run.

Foster probably has a lot to learn when compared to other rookies due to the above. He didn't get a whole lot of chances. Why don't we stay calm and see how it plays out?

Bill, he had injury issues at Alabama too

.https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/6/29/15895504/65-days-til-alabama-football-rooting-for-robert-foster

Edited by Sky Diver

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Many have become stars.

Your rationale and your lack of basic understanding of his drafts work astounds me.

If you think he's going to be a star you don't wait until he a udfa to sign him...

You draft him.

He's basically a $1 scratch off ticket right now.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We shouldn't have taken Josh Allen in the first then.  We should taken him as an UDFA I guess.  

Obviously.

All the best players are udfa.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Your rationale and your lack of basic understanding of his drafts work astounds me.

If you think he's going to be a star you don't wait until he a udfa to sign him...

You draft him.

He's basically a $1 scratch off ticket right now.

Obviously.

All the best players are udfa.

Nearly 30% of NFL players were undrafted. Once you are in camp, the draft is moot.

Many 1st round picks have been busts and many undrafted players have become stars.

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

This is obviously among the top 10 troll jobs in the history of TSW. 13 pages and counting?

And a good number are because some people have a keen in the academics at Alabama, which is completely irrelevant to Bill's football, but an interesting (off) topic none the less. :)

Edited by Sky Diver

54 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Man, you are good, but I finally figured you out. This is the best troll job EVAR perpetrated by the King Troll himself.

congratulations, I bow to you.:worthy:

Bravo sir, bravo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Nearly 30% of NFL players were undrafted. Once you are in camp, the draft is moot.

Many 1st round picks have been busts and many undrafted players have become stars.

And a good number are because some people have a keen in the academics at Alabama, which is completely irrelevant to Bill's football, but an interesting (off) topic none the less. :)

Very few udfa make it big as stars anymore.

It was much more common even 15 years ago before the instant media and smart phone boom.

Guys rarely go under the radar anymore, and the ones that do (even throughout history) all have one thing in common from what I can tell:

THEY DIDN'T PLAY AT A BIG SCHOOL

They went under the radar because nobody really saw them play.

Big schools rarely if ever gave a guy who goes udfa then makes it big, exceptions would most likely be a guy who was a stud, had a big injury, and dropped in the draft due to that concern.

Foster played at Alabama, so everybody and their mother has seen him play, he didn't go udfa because he was under the radar.

He went udfa because he didn't show enough to warrant even one of the 32  7th round picks this year.

The entire bills fanbase would be ecstatic if he was good, even better if he's great.

Nobody is against that.

Everybody is just all over you because your opening post makes it seem like we just found Randy Moss as a udfa, even though we all saw him sh*t the bed against the Panthers last week.

If he had come out with 100 yards and a TD we'd be excited.

Instead he looked terrible.

Wake up man.

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Very few udfa make it big as stars anymore.

25% of the players on last years SB rosters were undrafted. That is a big number. The salary cap plays a part for sure, but it’s nice to see that many under the radar players on the top 2 teams.

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

I can see the kid has some potential. So do dozens of other young receivers battling to make NFL squads this summer..... including a handful of others here with the Bills. My dispute is your assertion that he "made plays" on Thursday. He didn't. He had chances to make plays and singularly failed to make them. You then asked whether someone who has legitimately made some plays in the NFL (despite not living up to his 1st round status) has the ability to do what Foster did. Which is ludicrous, because what Foster did was nothing. 0 receptions for 0 yards. The kid isn't a lost cause yet, but if he doesn't have himself a game tonight (and believe me I am rooting for him) then he will pretty much have run out of time to make it with the Bills. Potential is one thing. This league is about production. He doesn't have great college production to fall back on, he doesn't have the protection generally afforded to drafted rookies so he needs to produce on the field. And produce doesn't mean run fast. It means actually making plays, not whatever your definition is.  

• Like (+1) 2