How did Foster make the team?

wppete

56 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

That takes me back about 40 years.
surely you are not as Olde as I am ?

Ye?

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

And the knock remains. Yet you persist. Own it, acknowledge rather argue. Pray for the best like the rest of us. 

Finally I agree with something you said. :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Finally I agree with something you said. :thumbsup:

That makes me want to take it back.....

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Not arguing, putting it in perspective.

You are arguing that YOUR perspective is correct. You are ARGUING. 

The rest of us are hoping the guy comes around and produces. You are defensive about him. Take a deep breath, step back and look at this from the outside. 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Foster had 3 deep balls thrown his direction.

1st deep ball caught but thrown out of bounds.

2nd deep ball Foster got caught ball watching. He ran with his head starting at the pass instead of putting your head down running and looking back for the ball when it gets to you. Ball should have been caught if he tracked it properly but because he wasn't running at full speed and ball watching it fell out of his reach.

3rd deep ball Allen was scrambling and Foster stopped running cause he thought that Allen wasn't going to throw his direction. Would have been an easy TD if Foster didn't stop running. When a player has an arm like Allen you have to be prepared at all times.... He gave up on a play and it should have been a TD.

And I haven't even mentioned his drop.

Show me an example of a WR not looking back for the ball. The criticism on the second deep ball is ridiculous. What commentator does it come from?

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

You love that 34 rep number dont you. 

Here are some other states to show HOW effective those 34 reps where. 

Targets 5 

Catches 0. Yep that is ZERO, the big Zilch. 

Wrong, as usual. At least your consistent.

Edited by Sky Diver

8 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Show me an example of a WR not looking back for the ball. The criticism on the second deep ball is ridiculous. What commentator does it come from?

Wrong, as usual. At least your consistent.

Where am I wrong. 

He had 5 targets right?

He has 0 catches right?

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Where am I wrong. 

He had 5 targets right?

He has 0 catches right?

You were watching the Bills, right? Blue uniforms, white helmets with a Buffalo.

What do you call that thing that happens at the 10 sec mark?

Edited by Sky Diver

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I see you cant dispute the facts. Deflect away. 

5 targets, 0 catches 

Maybe this will help.

catch
kaCH,keCH/
verb
    intercept and hold (something that has been thrown, propelled, or dropped).
    "she threw the bottle into the air and caught it again"
    synonyms: seizegrabsnatch, take hold of, graspgriptrapclutchclenchMore

capture (a person or animal that tries or would try to escape).
    "we hadn't caught a single rabbit"
    synonyms: captureseizeMore

noun
    an act of catching something, typically a ball.

a device for securing something such as a door, window, or box.
    "the window catch was rusty"
    synonyms: latchlock, fastener, clasphasp
    "he secured the catch"
Edited by Sky Diver

I feel like this thread should be called "lone Crimson Tide fan battles dozens of realistic Bills fans".

ALL OF US are rooting for him to succeed. What Bills fan in their right mind WOULDN'T want a big, fast, talented receiver to do well and earn a role on offense? All everyone seems to be saying is that he needs some seasoning, he has some things to improve on, and he might not make the 53-man roster based on some drops and concentration lapses that have been happening for about two weeks now. No one says he can't EVER succeed or is a bum, just that he has a lot of work to do to make the roster. Why is that something that must be fought tooth and nail for 11 pages? 

Sheesh.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Maybe this will help.

catch
kaCH,keCH/
verb
    intercept and hold (something that has been thrown, propelled, or dropped).
    "she threw the bottle into the air and caught it again"
    synonyms: seizegrabsnatch, take hold of, graspgriptrapclutchclenchMore

capture (a person or animal that tries or would try to escape).
    "we hadn't caught a single rabbit"
    synonyms: captureseizeMore

noun
    an act of catching something, typically a ball.

a device for securing something such as a door, window, or box.
    "the window catch was rusty"
    synonyms: latchlock, fastener, clasphasp
    "he secured the catch"

0 receptions (catches) 5 targets. 

Fit him for that Gold Jacket 

12 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Yes, I saw the first one that was well out of bounds.  I also saw the second one where Foster was watching the ball for 25 yards and I also saw the 3rd one where he gave up on the play and stopped running.  

He got open on deep routes a couple times, no plays made.  1 on the QB.  1 clearly on Foster.  One split roughly 50/50.

Then there were the other targets, one where he either ran the wrong route or Allen missed him by 3 yards, 1 50/50 ball where he allowed the DB to undercut him, and one he flat out dropped.

He needs to make plays on Friday.  A lot of them.  It wouldn't hurt if he made a special teams tackle or 3 either.

If the dude is all of that, he better be all of that under the Friday nite lites.  Like to see it happen for him;  otherwise, his only Friday nite lites will be at HS football games back home.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

He had great separation on Thursday and just missed on two huge plays, scorching veteran CBs. He caught one, but the ball drifted out of bounds and the other was just outside of his reach.

He lit it up in practice on Monday.

"On Monday, he pushed that aside to have his best day of training camp by a substantial margin. Foster was all over the place, making catch after catch during team drills..."

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-14

He has blazing speed and he knows how to get open. 

He was playing 3rd stringers against a secondary that was planning on starting Cockrell, and is now looking at Kevon Seymour.

Those guys are garbage he was playing. I like his athleticism and would love a surprise. But quit it with the agenda.

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Haven’t been to camp, but from what I’ve read, he was impressive in OTA’s but struggled a bit in camp.

If he was terrible and had no chance of making the team, do you think they gave him 34 reps? Do you think Allen’s first pass would have been a bomb to him. And if he can’t track a ball, how does he come down with a 60 yard pass?

If I connect the dots, he’s getting a good look.

Read my first post. There was nothing about Alabama. When the trolls pop up bashing the university, I’m going to respond. If they want to go off topic and discuss academics, I’ll play along. 

You only created this thread because of the Alabama connection. It's so transparent, it'd be better if you just owned it.

12 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Correct. He torched a 4.39 speed guy.

Did Steve Tasker point that out?

What if Tasker went to Alabama? You'd be having a hell of an identity crisis right now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel like this thread should be called "lone Crimson Tide fan battles dozens of realistic Bills fans".

ALL OF US are rooting for him to succeed. What Bills fan in their right mind WOULDN'T want a big, fast, talented receiver to do well and earn a role on offense? All everyone seems to be saying is that he needs some seasoning, he has some things to improve on, and he might not make the 53-man roster based on some drops and concentration lapses that have been happening for about two weeks now. No one says he can't EVER succeed or is a bum, just that he has a lot of work to do to make the roster. Why is that something that must be fought tooth and nail for 11 pages? 

Sheesh.

A lot of the 11 pages are trolling about the academics at Alabama which is completely irrelevant to Foster and the Buffalo Bills. But hey, if you want me to discuss academics, I am happy to set the record straight on what a fine university Alabama is.

You must be new because a lot of the posters here aren’t in their right minds. 

I obviously disagree with the general assessment of Foster’s play last Thursday. 

25 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

He was playing 3rd stringers against a secondary that was planning on starting Cockrell, and is now looking at Kevon Seymour.

Those guys are garbage he was playing. I like his athleticism and would love a surprise. But quit it with the agenda.

You only created this thread because of the Alabama connection. It's so transparent, it'd be better if you just owned it.

What if Tasker went to Alabama? You'd be having a hell of an identity crisis right now. 

Great player, probably a nice guy, but a terrible announcer and commentator.

38 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

0 receptions (catches) 5 targets. 

Fit him for that Gold Jacket 

Providing you a definition of a catch clearly didn’t help.

Here is a video that describes what a catch is.

Edited by Sky Diver

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

A lot of the 11 pages are trolling about the academics at Alabama which is completely irrelevant to Foster and the Buffalo Bills. But hey, if you want me to discuss academics, I am happy to set the record straight on what a fine university Alabama is.

You must be new because a lot of the posters here aren’t in their right minds. 

I obviously disagree with the general assessment of Foster’s play last Thursday. 

Great player, probably a nice guy, but a terrible announcer and commentator.

Providing you a definition of a catch clearly didn’t help.

I agree on Tasker. He's atrocious, that doesn't change the fact it'd be a huge surprise if Foster makes the team, let alone contributes. Or the fact you only created this thread because he went to Alabama.

Just own the bias dude. People would respect your posts a lot more in my opinion. Don't call it independent thinking, it's not.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree on Tasker. He's atrocious, that doesn't change the fact it'd be a huge surprise if Foster makes the team, let alone contributes. Or the fact you only created this thread because he went to Alabama.

Just own the bias dude. People would respect your posts a lot more in my opinion. Don't call it independent thinking, it's not.

Funny since I was abused for criticizing Dareus, who I pegged as a bum early in his career. I was never a fan of the guy.

Edited by Sky Diver

25 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Funny since I was abused for criticizing Dareus, who I pegged as a bum early in his career. I was never a fan of the guy.

Fair enough. It just seems to work the other way. I, like a lot of others hope Foster is a surprise. I just don't see it happening. He has all the physical tools. I just don't think he will. It wasn't as much but his hype reminds me of Da'rick Rogers out of Tennessee if I remember his name correctly. A guy with potential, but at that level more times the potential goes unfulfilled rather than working out.