How did Foster make the team?

wppete

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If the Bills had any OSU players, I wouldn’t be rooting against them like the Bucksty Guy is rooting against Foster. 

I’m not “rooting against” anyone on the Bills. But you know that. 

Btw the Bills do have an OSU player. I started a thread about why he could be cut. Because it doesn’t matter where he went to college, it’s called having authenticity in observation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If the Bills had any OSU players, I wouldn’t be rooting against them like the Bucksty Guy is rooting against Foster. 

Do you have any idea how slanted you come off? Plenty of guys have some college affiliations, and that’s cool. They rarely let it become an obsession. It’s not about the player’s old school, it’s about the player wearing the Bills uniform.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Foster will have a big night and make this team.   That's my prediction

I thought it went without saying but I guess not... I hope that happens! I would love to see it. I was excited about the potential when he was signed.

I dont  think it will happen though, because I follow the day to day reports of the Bills and how each of them are playing. Connect the dots, I do. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

By being on the radar, they are giving him a close look at giving him reps to develop his game. If there was no interest and they though was a bust he wouldn’t have gotten 34 snaps.

You love that 34 rep number dont you. 

Here are some other states to show HOW effective those 34 reps where. 

Targets 5 

Catches 0. Yep that is ZERO, the big Zilch. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, eball said:

PS candidate, to work on route running and hands.

This is pretty much my opinion.  He certainly has potential, but there are things he needs to do more consistently to beat out some other guys to make the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought it went without saying but I guess not... I hope that happens! I would love to see it. I was excited about the potential when he was signed.

I dont  think it will happen though, because I follow the day to day reports of the Bills and how each of them are playing. Connect the dots, I do. 

dots. often purchased with Hot buttered popcorn and a 64 oz soda to wash it down.

not dipping Dots ! lets be clear on that 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The only thing this thread needs is this: (unless I missed it)

”He has to stay on the 53 man roster, because he will never get to the PS. Some team will sign him. Probably Patriots and it will be genius”

shoot. damnable Patriots.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

This is pretty much my opinion.  He certainly has potential, but there are things he needs to do more consistently to beat out some other guys to make the roster.

Reasonable take

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Haven’t been to camp, but from what I’ve read, he was impressive in OTA’s but struggled a bit in camp.

If he was terrible and had no chance of making the team, do you think they gave him 34 reps? Do you think Allen’s first pass would have been a bomb to him. And if he can’t track a ball, how does he come down with a 60 yard pass?

If I connect the dots, he’s getting a good look.

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you have any idea how slanted you come off? Plenty of guys have some college affiliations, and that’s cool. They rarely let it become an obsession. It’s not about the player’s old school, it’s about the player wearing the Bills uniform.

Read my first post. There was nothing about Alabama. When the trolls pop up bashing the university, I’m going to respond. If they want to go off topic and discuss academics, I’ll play along. 

Edited by Sky Diver

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Haven’t been to camp, but from what I’ve read, he was impressive in OTA’s but struggled a bit in camp.

If he was terrible and had no chance of making the team, do you think they gave him 34 reps? Do you think Allen’s first pass would have been a bomb to him. And if he can’t track a ball, how does he come down with a 60 yard pass?

If I connect the dots, he’s getting a good look.

Read my first post. There was nothing about Alabama. When the trolls pop up bashing Alabama, I’m going to respond. If they want to go off topic and discuss the university, I’ll play along. 

So wait - I thought you make evaluations with you own eyes?  But you read he was good in shorts. And dont accept that he is struggling at camp?

So what eyes are you using the Preseason Game?

out of 34 reps as you say he had 0 catches on 5 targets. Can you explain to me why there was Zero Catches and only 5 Targets in 34 reps. And a player like Ray Ray gets 3 catches on 4 TGTs and a TD on 24 reps (so guessing he outphlayed Foster right?)

also 34 reps inflated a bit right??  Because Brandon Riley got Injured. 

Kieth Ford had 31 reps must be they have him on their “ Radar” (even though his game was trash as well). See backend of Rosters get alot of Reps because well they dont want to risk injury to all the players above them. So using snap count in Preseason as some measure of success is asinine. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Read my first post. There was nothing about Alabama. When the trolls pop up bashing Alabama, I’m going to respond. If they want to go off topic and discuss the university, I’ll play along. 

There’s a theme that’s hard to ignore. You can SAY it’s not personal, but the pattern remains. I don’t see people bashing Bama, just the players lack of refinement, for the most part. I bet 100% of the real fans here want him to go into the HOF as a Bill. He’s just not as close to that as you seem to think. He gets so many reps because they want the light to go on for him, but that takes more than a TC and a few preseason games with a guy so raw.  That’s my guess... 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Coleman,  when he gets in sync with our QBs should become our deep threat

No offense to Foster but he is Faster, tracks a deep ball beautifully, and has more upside

And Foster didn’t scorch a veteran cb... the first one that went slightly out of bounds he beat Reshaun Goldman , a rookie S 

He was covered by 23, LaDarius Gunter. Goldman was way off the play.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ladariusgunter/2553528/profile

Edited by Sky Diver

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

There’s a theme that’s hard to ignore. You can SAY it’s not personal, but the pattern remains. I don’t see people bashing Bama, just the players lack of refinement, for the most part. I bet 100% of the real fans here want him to go into the HOF as a Bill. He’s just not as close to that as you seem to think. He gets so many reps because they want the light to go on for him, but that takes more than a TC and a few preseason games with a guy so raw.  That’s my guess... 

He actually has a reputation of being a good route runner. The knock was his lack of production, but he was actually tied for the 2nd most receptions for WRs his last year at Alabama. The problem was Alabama wasn’t a passing team and the roster is loaded. There are only so many touches to go around.

11 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

He caught a 60 yard bomb and another bomb was just out of his reach. What tracking problems are you talking about?

You saw Allen's first pass, right?

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-josh-allen-pass-preseason-week-1

Foster had 3 deep balls thrown his direction.

1st deep ball caught but thrown out of bounds.

2nd deep ball Foster got caught ball watching. He ran with his head starting at the pass instead of putting your head down running and looking back for the ball when it gets to you. Ball should have been caught if he tracked it properly but because he wasn't running at full speed and ball watching it fell out of his reach.

3rd deep ball Allen was scrambling and Foster stopped running cause he thought that Allen wasn't going to throw his direction. Would have been an easy TD if Foster didn't stop running. When a player has an arm like Allen you have to be prepared at all times.... He gave up on a play and it should have been a TD.

And I haven't even mentioned his drop.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He actually has a reputation of being a good route runner. The knock was his lack of production, but he was actually tied for the 2nd most receptions for WRs his last year at Alabama. The problem was Alabama wasn’t a passing team and the roster is loaded. There are only so many touches to go around.

And the knock remains. Yet you persist. Own it, acknowledge rather argue. Pray for the best like the rest of us.