How did Foster make the team?

wppete

1 hour ago, FearLess Price said:

Foster seems like a guy who might get a mandatory year off but can still come back next year and grab a spot. Dont count him out just yet.

Our WRs cant even get open half the time, and when they do they get drop spells too.

I can see a year on the PS to develop his skills. Then? Who knows? 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’d suggest a nice, wide open field. Do NOT try this in a wooded area or a parking lot. 

Fact.
 I was in concussion protocol for over a decade after running almost full speed into a tree who was on my hip  tightly during most of my route. I think it was cover two and i was trying to break outside. Not sure though. 

Like i said

Concussion protocol.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Oh, that’s nuthin’! I hear Gruden will keep 9 QB’s! 

...sorry my good friend, I believe you're LIGHT.......Chuckie is returning with a BIG innovative splash...........he's gonna field 11 QB's AT ONCE.......forget the "Wildcat"....formation will be known as "Gruden's Litter".....YOU figure out who is doing what.....stay tuned..........

Quality thread. Foster is intriguing to me - a spot on the practice squad for a season could probably do him a lot of good and I hope he lands there. I don’t see him beating out everyone else in the WR room for a spot on the 53 though.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yep, cannot develop much speed but can develop the other intricacies needed to make the NFL.

Practice squad sound just fine by me. He sure has potential. Just needs to work harder to see what his ceiling is : )

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Quality thread. Foster is intriguing to me - a spot on the practice squad for a season could probably do him a lot of good and I hope he lands there. I don’t see him beating out everyone else in the WR room for a spot on the 53 though.

Beat me to it !!

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Fact.
 I was in concussion protocol for over a decade after running almost full speed into a tree who was on my hip  tightly during most of my route. I think it was cover two and i was trying to break outside. Not sure though. 

Like i said

Concussion protocol.

If a tree was staying on your hip, you need to work on your seperation. You, sir, are no Robert Foster. 

But how are your hands? 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Fact.

Like i said

Concussion protocol.

Was it an Oak, Maple or Spruce ?

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

He had great separation on both of the long throws against veteran CBs. He is big, strong, and shifty enough to get off the line. He has to be accounted for at all times. I’d like to see him get some sideline screen passes if CBs are playing off him. 

I just hope he makes enuff plays to grab a spot on the roster or PS

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

Right.

18 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The concussion lingers. It was Maple. A bottle of Aunt Jamima to be specific. Please excuse him, he’s had a rough go of it ever since....it was the family size bottle. 

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If the guy isn’t on the Bills’ radar, please explain why he got 34 snaps, the most of any WR.

By “radar”, do you mean “roster”?  Hey, look at that! There he is! 

He’s there because they hope he can take his physical skills and use them to be a high quality NFL WR. That may be possible. It may even be this year. My best guess would be a year on the PS to sort things out. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Where did my post say anything about Alabama? Do you suggest I change my avitar?

He had great separation on Thursday and just missed on two huge plays, scorching veteran CBs. He caught one, but the ball drifted out of bounds and the other was just outside of his reach.

He lit it up in practice on Monday.

"On Monday, he pushed that aside to have his best day of training camp by a substantial margin. Foster was all over the place, making catch after catch during team drills..."

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-14

He has blazing speed and he knows how to get open. 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

The concussion lingers. It was Maple. A bottle of Aunt Jamima to be specific. Please excuse him, he’s had a rough go of it ever since....it was the family size bottle. 

By “radar”, do you mean “roster”?  Hey, look at that! There he is! 

He’s there because they hope he can take his physical skills and use them to be a high quality NFL WR. That may be possible. It may even be this year. My best guess would be a year on the PS to sort things out. 

By being on the radar, they are giving him a close look at giving him reps to develop his game. If there was no interest and they though was a bust he wouldn’t have gotten 34 snaps.

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

If a tree was staying on your hip, you need to work on your seperation. You, sir, are no Robert Foster. 

But how are your hands? 

Another part of my craft i am focused on. I was separated years ago. and at birth once.

Have you seen the length of those Oak trees lower branches ?
Long as Tremaine Edmunds arms !

Hands ? they seem do be exactly where i left them. Why ? did you hear something ?

33 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

One would think most anyone could gain separation over a slow moving Oak ? You would right ?

Their NFL game speed is just another level entirely. Nothing like College Oaks who play against College level Spruces and Maples.

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I hope he has a big night.  I hope he goes bananas, in fact.

So I can call him "Bananas Foster."

I love New Orleans for this very reason. Brennans was quite the experience back then.
 Great name. no need to wait.

Go Bananas !

Looking forward to Fridays game : )

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

By being on the radar, they are giving him a close look at giving him reps to develop his game. If there was no interest and they though was a bust he wouldn’t have gotten 34 snaps.

its true enough. He is still on the team and shows some potential.

Lets all hope he dials it in : )

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, now you just show how personal the Homerism has gotten. 

Is there such a thing as Bartism? 

Anyway, it’s not about college teams here. 

Go Bills! 

If the Bills had any OSU players, I wouldn’t be rooting against them like the Bucksty Guy is rooting against Foster.