How did Foster make the team?

wppete

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It’s part deux to his thread about how Josh Rosen shouldn’t be drafted because he said UCLA had higher academic requirements than Bama. Hell hath no fury like a scorned SEC homer.

I heard that Foster was measured for a gold jacket last week...

... To work at Golden Coral.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

The tracking problem was him running with his head looking back at the ball leaving him a tad short. (Important distinction, the pass wasn’t too long)

if you don’t believe me do the following:

go outside

face one direction

look in the opposite direction

run

report back

I’d suggest a nice, wide open field. Do NOT try this in a wooded area or a parking lot. 

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

If he doesn't have an absolutely massive week, he will be cut by the following Sunday.

The fact that he couldn't track an easy deep ball in that last game is a big problem.

Would love to see you try to catch a ball thrown 65 yards at over 70 mph.  It is in no way, shape, or form ever "easy".

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

You know that he outran Kevin Seymour, a 4.39 guy by several yards, right?

Nobody is arguing he’s not fast. What’s your point? It seems unrelated to our point. 

Yes, he’s got some great tools. Let’s hone them a bit and make him a star. 

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

70 mph?  That throw set an all time record?

This is a common exaggeration around here. Allen’s throw velocity at the combine was 62 and 62mph (they clock it twice.) those are line drive throws.

Edited by JoPar_v2

23 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Foster seems like a guy who might get a mandatory year off but can still come back next year and grab a spot. Dont count him out just yet.

Our WRs cant even get open half the time, and when they do they get drop spells too.

He had great separation on both of the long throws against veteran CBs. He is big, strong, and shifty enough to get off the line. He has to be accounted for at all times. I’d like to see him get some sideline screen passes if CBs are playing off him. 

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

This is a common exaggeration around here. Allen’s throw velocity at the combine was 62 and 62mph (they clock it twice.) those are line drive throws.

Well, he was clocked at 66 at the senior bowl...is it that much of a stretch to think that he could add 4 MPH velocity after 6 months, many with professional trainers / coaches?  I don't think so.

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

***Breaking News Alert***

Robert Foster has petitioned the league to have his number changed to 4.41. 

Please Stay Tuned For Further Developments

Is that how many fingers he has? His IQ? The number of plays he has memorized? 

Sometimes it’s just fun to stir the pot.  ?