How did Foster make the team?

wppete

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Not trash, just not ready for prime time.

Heck not even ready for Preseason let alone Prime Time. 

Just now, Sky Diver said:

The process changed last year. One cut on Sept 1.

Really???  Hmmm I said that. Thanks. Back to your Bama sucking 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Interesting that he can have all those supposed issues and still out race a CB with 4.39 speed.

If you have ever played WR you would know that tracking the deep ball is probably the single most difficult thing to do (at least for me it was).

Doing it on the sideline is much easier than in the open field because you have a boundary to work with. I think Allen threw the first one just out of bounds and there wasn't much Foster could do on that one.

But the 2nd one he clearly had issues tracking the ball and that one is all on him. He should have caught that one. He wouldn't have needed to lay out even if he tracked it better.

The third one he gave up on his route and almost stopped running before he noticed the ball in the air coming to him. That's all on him as well.

So he needs to play better.

• Like (+1) 2

As an UDFA you have to lay it all on the line to even be considered for making the final 53.

And Foster not laying it out on that Allen deep ball (the one in bounds, LOL) is a severe black eye on him to the coaching staff.

He had better go thru a brick wall the next two games for McDermott to think about keeping him as the number 6 WR.

To say he is on very thin ice is big understatement.

Unless something changes drastically, Foster will be one of the very first cuts.

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

If you have ever played WR you would know that tracking the deep ball is probably the single most difficult thing to do (at least for me it was).

Doing it on the sideline is much easier than in the open field because you have a boundary to work with. I think Allen threw the first one just out of bounds and there wasn't much Foster could do on that one.

But the 2nd one he clearly had issues tracking the ball and that one is all on him. He should have caught that one. He wouldn't have needed to lay out even if he tracked it better.

The third one he gave up on his route and almost stopped running before he noticed the ball in the air coming to him. That's all on him as well.

So he needs to play better.

Ever player on the Bills needs to get better.

He’s a freakish athlete who had the third fastest 40 time among WR’s. Not a lot of players would have been in a position to catch either ball.

22 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Ever player on the Bills needs to get better.

He’s a freakish athlete who had the third fastest 40 time among WR’s. Not a lot of players would have been in a position to catch either ball.

He didn't perform well in college, did he? That's why he was an undrafted rookie, and I disagree with you. Plenty of players could have caught those balls.

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Where did my post say anything about Alabama? Do you suggest I change my avitar?

He had great separation on Thursday and just missed on two huge plays, scorching veteran CBs. He caught one, but the ball drifted out of bounds and the other was just outside of his reach.

He lit it up in practice on Monday.

"On Monday, he pushed that aside to have his best day of training camp by a substantial margin. Foster was all over the place, making catch after catch during team drills..."

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-14

He has blazing speed and he knows how to get open. 

It's pre season easy boy. KS may have been in the league a few years, but he is far from good. SO i don't know why u keep referring to him as a veteran CB. You should just say some schmuck that wasn't even good enough to stick on Buffalo's roster. It's not like he would be starting in this league if not for injury to the panthers CB's.   Good thing he has 4.39 speed!

Just scrolled through this whole thread and here's what I got out of this.

Robert Foster:

4.41 speed officially but plays faster in pads.

Beats a CB that runs 4.39. Leaves him in the dust.

Former 5 star HS Recruit. Translates well to the NFL.

Scorches CB that runs 4.39

Tracking doesn't seem to matter if you're fast.

Runs past CB that runs 4.39

Catching doesn't seem to matter if you're fast.

Dominates CB that runs 4.39

Alabama possible Space elites?

Can they run 4.39?

All players from Alabama seem to be gold mines teams are sitting on.

Probably can all run 4.39.

Alabama wins engineering competitions within small populations. (Not sure how this football)

Can create machines that run 4.39

Watch games on your own and don't have talking heads explain anything to you, just form your own opinions.  (independent thinking)

Def can run 4.39.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, cudi said:

Just scrolled through this whole thread and here's what I got out of this.

Robert Foster:

4.41 speed officially but plays faster in pads.

Beats a CB that runs 4.39. Leaves him in the dust.

Former 5 star HS Recruit. Translates well to the NFL.

Scorches CB that runs 4.39

Tracking doesn't seem to matter if you're fast.

Runs past CB that runs 4.39

Catching doesn't seem to matter if you're fast.

Dominates CB that runs 4.39

Alabama possible Space elites?

Can they run 4.39?

All players from Alabama seem to be gold mines teams are sitting on.

Probably can all run 4.39.

Alabama wins engineering competitions within small populations. (Not sure how this football)

Can create machines that run 4.39

Watch games on your own and don't have talking heads explain anything to you, just form your own opinions.  (independent thinking)

Def can run 4.39.

Clapping Rock

That's some really solid nutshelling... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

What’s Foster’s 40 time? He looked fast out there.

He was a 5 star recruit who did nothing while being coached by the best CFB has to offer. I’m not sure why anyone expects this kid to suddenly get it. All the things we saw the other night are right in his scouting report. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I'll concur with Royale. This has to be the most popcorn-worthy thread on the main forum in a while

It’s part deux to his thread about how Josh Rosen shouldn’t be drafted because he said UCLA had higher academic requirements than Bama. Hell hath no fury like a scorned SEC homer.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1