How did Foster make the team?

wppete

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

He had great separation on Thursday and just missed on two huge plays, scorching veteran CBs. He caught one, but the ball drifted out of bounds and the other was just outside of his reach.

He lit it up in practice on Monday.

"On Monday, he pushed that aside to have his best day of training camp by a substantial margin. Foster was all over the place, making catch after catch during team drills..."

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-14

He has blazing speed and he knows how to get open. 

Time will tell. He missed a big opportunity last week on that 3rd and 22 bomb Allen threw to him. Should have been caught. He did get behind the defense twice . I rooting for everyone in Red, White & Blue tomorrow night

• Like (+1) 2

A couple days after the game we traded for Corey Coleman. Allen will likely be playing with Coleman tomorrow, Foster will probably be with Peterman. Coleman is the one poised to have a big game. That trade was probably a direct reaction to Foster's awful play last week. He can run fast but that isn't enough. I think we ultimately will store him on the practice squad.

Edited by HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a serious question.  You are the Wang Chung of TBD.

I don't get it.  And I don't even like fancy Chinese food, much less the pre-packaged grocery store stuff.  

Anyway we agree that Foster isn't any good but I find it weird that you have to mock a guy that won't even make the team.  Every team makes cuts every year, even the super supreme ultimate team of all time that you love.  Why pick on such an obscure thing?  Shouldn't you spend your posts bragging about Brady given he might have only 1-3 years left?

Just now, HappyDays said:

A couple days after the game we traded for Corey Coleman. Allen will likely be playing with Coleman tomorrow, Foster will probably be with Peterman. Coleman is the one poised to have a big game. That trade was probably a direct reaction to Foster's awful game. He can run fast but that isn't enough. I think we ultimately will store him on the practice squad.

I'm pretty sure the trade happened before the game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Time will tell. He missed a big opportunity last week on that 3rd and 22 bomb Allen threw to him. Should have been caught. He did get behind the defense twice . I rooting for everyone in Red, White & Blue tomorrow night

Sacrilege!

Multiple guys with 4.3 and 4.4 speed will be cut from NFL teams before week 1, Foster is more than likely going to be one of them.

Justin Gatlin was a 4.2 guy who ran in the Olympics but couldn't make an NFL roster.  Foster has great speed.  In my opinion, the play he gave up on cost him a job.

He had a great spring because he played in the offense in college.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm pretty sure the trade happened before the game.

You're right, that's my bad. Well there's only room on the roster for one speedy WR so if Coleman performs well tomorrow there's no question he'll make the team over Foster.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Multiple guys with 4.3 and 4.4 speed will be cut from NFL teams before week 1, Foster is more than likely going to be one of them.

Justin Gatlin was a 4.2 guy who ran in the Olympics but couldn't make an NFL roster.  Foster has great speed.  In my opinion, the play he gave up on cost him a job.

He had a great spring because he played in the offense in college.

Of course they’ll get cut because they can’t get off the line or they can’t separate. Foster can clearly do both.

He can play gunner on special teams too. 

Edited by Sky Diver

58 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Yes, I saw the first one that was well out of bounds.  I also saw the second one where Foster was watching the ball for 25 yards and I also saw the 3rd one where he gave up on the play and stopped running.  

He got open on deep routes a couple times, no plays made.  1 on the QB.  1 clearly on Foster.  One split roughly 50/50.

Then there were the other targets, one where he either ran the wrong route or Allen missed him by 3 yards, 1 50/50 ball where he allowed the DB to undercut him, and one he flat out dropped.

He needs to make plays on Friday.  A lot of them.  It wouldn't hurt if he made a special teams tackle or 3 either.

I think he will show. I would imagine that he's kicking himself and wishes he could have those plays again. Him along with Zay , Coleman and Reilly could very well be the Corp that we build on next year. Not sure if someone outbids us for kb next year.

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Of course they’ll get cut because they can’t get off the line or they can’t separate. Foster can clearly do both.

I don't recall Foster seeing any press coverage from Carolina so I don't think we really know how well he gets off the line given that he had a free release all night.  Perhaps you'd be good enough to show me the time stamp from the video you provided that shows Foster defeating press coverage.

I, like most Bills fans, was excited about Foster being signed and was rooting for him to succeed. Thus far, his issues with drops and concentration lapses all through camp have him in danger of not making the roster.

To be honest, Coleman's addition has also sort of made Foster expendable.

If you assume the following WR roster, I'm not sure how there's room for him:

Benjamin
Jones
Kerley
Holmes 
Coleman 

That leaves one or MAYBE two roster spots at WR. To date, Rod Streater and Cam Phillips both seem to have outplayed Foster...at least insofar as consistency and actually CATCHING THE BALL are concerned. And then we know the staff likes Brandon Reilly a lot, as well. 

Where does Foster fit? He needs to have a big next three preseason games if he wants a roster spot.