Double Standard Kelvin Benjamin/Jalen Ramsey?

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This isn’t true. He took shots at a few qbs, but said postive things about the majority of qbs he discussed.

He liked so many white QB's too.  Wentz, Cousins, mariota, Rodgers....

The guy is a loud mouth...like a lot of good DB's

It's fun to watch folks lose their minds over WORDS!!!  

and read Into stuff soooooooo deep.  

I think that most people are laughing at Jalen Ramsey because:

A.) he seems to have the verbal ability of a 6 year old.  

B.) He trashed so many QB’s that it was entertaining.  His criticisms were so over-the-top, it was funny.  Big Ben is a HOF QB.  Matt Ryan might be close behind.  Yet Ramsey dismissed these two as not being good.  He comes off as a clown and people enjoy that.

As far as KB, most people didn’t really care as much.  His comments weren’t as unfiltered or amusing.  And he didn’t speak like a kindergartener.  He criticized Cam but it just wasn’t as funny.  

I will say this - he does seem to have a fixation on Josh Allen.  It’s bizarre.  I really hope the Bills light this SOB up.  

14 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Racism

Its hard to tell because so many QB’s are white. 

28 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

For what it's worth, he has 2 less than Revis at this point.  Revis had his big pick year in his 3rd season.... Than guys stopped throwing his way.  Lots of 2 and 3 pick seasons after that.

Not necessarily true.  Deion Sanders has career highs in INT right at the peak of his career.  He completely took out the other WR, yet was able to pull down 6 and 7 INT’s a year

Edited by BuffaloRush

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think that most people are laughing at Jalen Ramsey because:

A.) he seems to have the verbal ability of a 6 year old.  

B.) He trashed so many QB’s that it was entertaining.  His criticisms were so over-the-top, it was funny.  Big Ben is a HOF QB.  Matt Ryan might be close behind.  Yet Ramsey dismissed these two as not being good.  He comes off as a clown and people enjoy that.

As far as KB, most people didn’t really care as much.  His comments weren’t as unfiltered or amusing.  And he didn’t speak like a kindergartener.  He criticized Cam but it just wasn’t as funny.  

I will say this - he does seem to have a fixation on Josh Allen.  It’s bizarre.  I really hope the Bills light this SOB up.  

Its hard to tell because so many QB’s are white.  I will say he does seem to have a bizarre fixation on Josh Allen.  

Not necessarily true.  Deion Sanders has career highs in INT right at the peak of his career.  He completely took out the other WR, yet was able to pull down 6 and 7 INT’s a year

Dion is a terrible example.  If he didn't get it in the air, he was useless.  One of the all time greats,  but he was the best ever at one thing, and terrible at EVERYthing else. But agreed on everything else.

Edited by JaxBills

Just now, JaxBills said:

Dion is a terrible example.  If he didn't get it in the air, he was useless.  One of the all time greats,  but he was the best ever at one thing, and terrible at EVERYthing else.

I completely disagree.  There were times when Deion completely eliminated the side of the field that he was on.  IMO he was the best CB of All-Time.  Yes, better than Revis 

15 hours ago, benderbender said:

I’m curious as to why Kelvin Benjamin was, for the most part, vilified by the national media for giving  honest answers regarding Cam Newton, and yet the talking heads praise Jalen Ramsey’s trash talk. Stephen A Smith called his rant “compelling.”

https://youtu.be/WeW5ngFzt8w

Of course they are going to play this crap up.  It gets clicks, creates viewers, etc...

This is the crap that people love to watch/talk about.  Some probably love Ramsey for this stuff, most probably hate him...but either way it brings in business  to those in media. 

Is that not obvious?

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I completely disagree.  There were times when Deion completely eliminated the side of the field that he was on.  IMO he was the best CB of All-Time.  Yes, better than Revis 

Nope.  Wouldn't go that way at all.  Moss is better than rice. But I'd take the guy who always great.  Not at times great.

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ramsey is just hating QBs like any good corner should.

He race baited the whole Mayfield/Watson issue, implying that the NFL was racist for picking Mayfield #1 while Watson fell out of the top 10 .... (where did Gino Torretta go?)

Jalen Ramsey is attacking ONLY WHITE QBs.

He needs to be IDed as a bigot for doing so...

1 minute ago, JaxBills said:

Nope.  Wouldn't go that way at all.  Moss is better than rice. But I'd take the guy who always great.  Not at times great.

At one point, Revis was one of the best.  He was never the same after his first stint in NY.  As far as being always great, Stevie Johnson might be regarded as slightly above average by NFL standards.  He can make the argument that he owned Revis. Deion = the GOAT.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

At one point, Revis was one of the best.  He was never the same after his first stint in NY.  As far as being always great, Stevie Johnson might be regarded as slightly above average by NFL standards.  He can make the argument that he owned Revis. Deion = the GOAT.

Both great players.  

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I would also contend that rrvis played against better talant.  And Brady twice a year for over half his career.

12 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

He race baited the whole Mayfield/Watson issue, implying that the NFL was racist for picking Mayfield #1 while Watson fell out of the top 10 .... (where did Gino Torretta go?)

Jalen Ramsey is attacking ONLY WHITE QBs.

He needs to be IDed as a bigot for doing so...

Mayfeild / Watson? 

You mean mayfield /Jackson? 

Are you saying all all black people look alike???

man that’s just  bad form! 

16 hours ago, benderbender said:

I’m curious as to why Kelvin Benjamin was, for the most part, vilified by the national media for giving  honest answers regarding Cam Newton, and yet the talking heads praise Jalen Ramsey’s trash talk. Stephen A Smith called his rant “compelling.”

https://youtu.be/WeW5ngFzt8w

I'll speak the truth.  Cam is black and Josh Allen is white.

Ive always had the same opinion about stuff like this... I think to myself:  What makes you think I care enough about you to value your opinion?

I hate using generalizations, but honestly if his words upset any of you... Well that's your fault.

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Until someone says something thats "too offensive". If it were just words there wouldn't be a language filter on here.

WE police this site.  Comics and cable are good examples to.  They both created organizations that aren't government to hold them selves to a standard.  And we should all rise to meet collective standards we agree on, but in the end... Yes. They are just words.  And if you can't handle that, it's not the world's fault.

And mainly, we do it to shield children.  That's why South Park dropped the poop word on late night cable.  A lot.

Edited by JaxBills

5 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Ive always had the same opinion about stuff like this... I think to myself:  What makes you think I care enough about you to value your opinion?

I hate using generalizations, but honestly if his words upset any of you... Well that's your fault.

WE police this site.  Comics and cable are good examples to.  They both created organizations that aren't government to hold them selves to a standard.  And we should all rise to meet collective standards we agree on, but in the end... Yes. They are just words.  And if you can't handle that, it's not the world's fault.

Words have repercussions. You cant honestly tell me that if someone called your wife or mother the b word or the c word in front of you, that you would sit there and shrug it off as just words. I'm all for people being able to say what they wish, and I'm all for people being able to react as they see fit.