Double Standard Kelvin Benjamin/Jalen Ramsey?

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Kelvin Benjamin took cheap shots at his ex quarterback who always seemed to perform better without him.  Jalen Ramsey has only been on one team and didn't take any cheap shots at any players on his team.  That should be rather obvious.

Yeah, that and Ramsey is taking shots at an unproven rookie while Benjamin targeted a former league MVP.

It's not a double standard. Trash talking other teams isn't really problematic. Trashing a guy you played with, and so closely, is.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

at least Benjamin was with Cam to make his opinion.

Jalen doesn't now anything about the people he trashed except for Bortles who he lied about.

Jalen is a punk who needs to learn grammar.

And here's your winning answer 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Benjamin waiting until a year after he left Carolina to dump on Newton, his former team mate who never did him wrong.

It was in the lead up to playing Carolina. Likely venting from all the questions asked about Carolina and the matchup.  Newton is polarizing. To solicit a response of strong beliefs is obvious, whether negative or positive. But, honestly, even in my distaste for him, I think it's fair to say no one truly ever praises him fairly. Sure coaches and others will do the warm fuzzies and patronization but you don't ever hear true compliments about him or his Integrity or what he is up to you as a person... Because generally he's regarded as a douche.  And that's mostly because the way he buffets off the field as well it's his Antics on the field which do not belong on there. 

as a football player he's among the top five in the league perhaps, as a quarterback he's barely top 10 if at all. 

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, that and Ramsey is taking shots at an unproven rookie while Benjamin targeted a former league MVP.

It's not a double standard. Trash talking other teams isn't really problematic. Trashing a guy you played with, and so closely, is.

I agree with your second statement, but the first statement isnt necessarily correct, more like imcomplete. Jalen took shots at most qbs, including former MVP Matt Ryan.

Edited by Bray Wyatt

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

You are correct, Jalen is a punk. But, I'm pretty sure he's not concerned and doesn't care about his grammar.

He didn't exactly attend FSU on an academic scholarship  working on his Masters in Language Arts.  

Yep nothing real surprising here when it comes to the NFL ...

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

It was in the lead up to playing Carolina. Likely venting from all the questions asked about Carolina and the matchup.  Newton is polarizing. To solicit a response of strong beliefs is obvious, whether negative or positive. But, honestly, even in my distaste for him, I think it's fair to say no one truly ever praises him fairly. Sure coaches and others will do the warm fuzzies and patronization but you don't ever hear true compliments about him or his Integrity or what he is up to you as a person... Because generally he's regarded as a douche.  And that's mostly because the way he buffets off the field as well it's his Antics on the field which do not belong on there. 

as a football player he's among the top five in the league perhaps, as a quarterback he's barely top 10 if at all. 

I'm not a fan of Cam the man--possibly the greatest poster boy for the dirty that is NCAA Football ever.  And as a pro he's consistently proven that he is still a man child.

But Benjamin's public comments weren't warranted, not a year later, regardless of Carolina being their opponent.  Newton has had plenty of success without Benjamin, and other receivers had no complaints about their catch % on that team.

Benjamin's ONLY success has come at the hands of Newton so far in this League.  He should have led with that...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, benderbender said:

I’m curious as to why Kelvin Benjamin was, for the most part, vilified by the national media for giving  honest answers regarding Cam Newton, and yet the talking heads praise Jalen Ramsey’s trash talk. Stephen A Smith called his rant “compelling.”

https://youtu.be/WeW5ngFzt8w

No.  And BTW, Steven A. Smith isn't compelling and wouldn't know it if it hit him in his "all knowing" face.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not a fan of Cam the man--possibly the greatest poster boy for the dirty that is NCAA Football ever.  And as a pro he's consistently proven that he is still a man child.

But Benjamin's public comments weren't warranted, not a year later, regardless of Carolina being their opponent.  Newton has had plenty of success without Benjamin, and other receivers had no complaints about their catch % on that team.

Benjamin's ONLY success has come at the hands of Newton so far in this League.  He should have led with that...

Don't disagree. But was looking for any glimmer of reason on why he would have spoke out. I think a little bit of behind the scenes stuff could have been going om, as well.  I'd not put it past either he or Newton - or others - to have had a small exchange prior somewhere we didn't know about.  Perhaps privately being called out for being able to produce only with Newton.

Benjamin was wrong. Don't talk about others unless others are involved in the conversation. Then, when necessary, don't back down from backing up your words with actions. That doesn't mean a physical alteration, not by any means. But, that could come from taking time to approach the issue with the person you spoke about to state the claims to them directly.  It doesn't result in some thuggish behavior like Newton attempted on the field.  That was even lower of a move.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

We'll Ramsey was also asked for his opinion.

KB's remarks were a unsolisited I believe.

Exactly. Ramsey was asked a question and he ran with it. Benjamin threw a sucker punch at his old running mate just to do so. 

5 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I agree with your second statement, but the first statement isnt necessarily correct, more like imcomplete. Jalen took shots at most qbs, including former MVP Matt Ryan.

This isn’t true. He took shots at a few qbs, but said postive things about the majority of qbs he discussed.