Double Standard Kelvin Benjamin/Jalen Ramsey?

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Words have repercussions. You cant honestly tell me that if someone called your wife or mother the b word or the c word in front of you, that you would sit there and shrug it off as just words. I'm all for people being able to say what they wish, and I'm all for people being able to react as they see fit.

They do.  Everything anyone does carries repercutions.  But not from us.  We view their world.  He will have to answer to the QBs he trashed.....and guess what?   I'm sure that is what he wants.

And yes.  I would do nothing.  Why?  They mean nothing to me and I have a family to support.  Trust me.  From years of experience of deciding if we had to fight of diffuse a situation, it's a balancing act.  But it's also something we deal with on smaller scales as well.  

Jalen is a loud mouth yes.  But WHY do WE care?

News flash.  Life isn't easy or fair. 

Edited by JaxBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

This isn’t true. He took shots at a few qbs, but said postive things about the majority of qbs he discussed.

What did I say wasn’t true? He took a shot at a lot of qbs and specifically said Matt Ryan was overrated.

45 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

What did I say wasn’t true? He took a shot at a lot of qbs and specifically said Matt Ryan was overrated.

You said “most.” He was actually at least moderately complimentary to most of the qbs in the piece (i.e., more than half) — garrapolo, goff, cousins, brady, carr, brees, mariota, tyrod, rogers, prescott (to a lesser extent), watson, foles, wentz, Wilson, etc.

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

No, it’s not the same. KB ripped a former teammate. That’s wrong. 

Also, Cam Newton may be a HoFer. KB will never sniff Canton. 

So I gave the comments lots of side eye. 

Niether will be enshrined. Q

4 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I think Ryan is good, but him missing a wide open Tony g

Gonzales to go to a super bowl, never leaves my thoughts.

I just tried to find a clip....but it's like it never happened on the internet now..... Someone else please remember that?

Edited by JaxBills

5 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Words have repercussions. You cant honestly tell me that if someone called your wife or mother the b word or the c word in front of you, that you would sit there and shrug it off as just words. I'm all for people being able to say what they wish, and I'm all for people being able to react as they see fit.

Yes.  I would. And have. It's called being an adult.

Words don't have any repercussions to mature individuals with balanced emotions.  

The term sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me was not just something we were told. It was the honest truth 

Let them talk loudly, but overcome them with your character.  If we all reacted to what people say in such an emotionally unstable world this place be a lot more dangerous and ridiculous; downright unstable.  There is too God damn much talking going on in this world today that the last thing we need is some virtue signalling individual to decide they are entitled to respond because "words hurt," as they say.

Grow the !@#$ up if words hurt, because one day those words won't be as hard as the cold reality of this world when you're left to figure it out on your own.

19 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

People are afraid to criticize Ramsey because his comments seem racially motivated and you can't possibly call out a non-Caucasian for this. 

That's garbage. He had both good and bad things to say about white QB's.

9 hours ago, LaDexter said:

He race baited the whole Mayfield/Watson issue, implying that the NFL was racist for picking Mayfield #1 while Watson fell out of the top 10 .... (where did Gino Torretta go?)

Jalen Ramsey is attacking ONLY WHITE QBs.

He needs to be IDed as a bigot for doing so...

He said good things about a lot of White QB's too. How do you explain that?

3 hours ago, MJS said:

That's garbage. He had both good and bad things to say about white QB's.

He said good things about a lot of White QB's too. How do you explain that?

I stand by my point. The comments were racially motivated and if you read between the lines you can see that.

13 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

You said “most.” He was actually at least moderately complimentary to most of the qbs in the piece (i.e., more than half) — garrapolo, goff, cousins, brady, carr, brees, mariota, tyrod, rogers, prescott (to a lesser extent), watson, foles, wentz, Wilson, etc.

Garrapolo - system qb

Goff - same

Prescott - he started off nice, and then ended up with its all Zeke

Allen, Flacco, Luck, Big Ben, Eli, Tannehill, Ryan - all suck or are overrated

So maybe the term most wasnt the best descriptor, but my point was in the post i quoted to point out that Ramsey took shots at a lot of qbs in the post not just a rookie, and even a former MVP

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

You could be right, but I’d rather let Cam’s play decide. 

Well that was an opinion based off Cam's play.  Don't get me wrong, I like Cam.  But you are correct.  His play will decide.  Good to know we're on the same page, lol ?

Edited by JaxBills

1 minute ago, JaxBills said:

Well that was an opinion based off Cam's play.  Don't get me wrong, I like Cam.  But you are correct.  His play will decide.  Good to know we're on the same page, lol ?

I really like Cam. If Allen is 80% of what Cam is we'll be alright. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Explain how.

Holy crap...people are still race baiting this?  

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I really like Cam. If Allen is 80% of what Cam is we'll be alright. 

We need Allen to be %100 + of what Cam is.  I like Cam.  Really, but the way he plays to take over games has hurt him bad.  We need Allen to be better.

Edited by JaxBills

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

I think Ramsey is a moron but it is pretty clear that race didn't play a big part of his thinking in his comments. For instance, he said that Kirk Cousins and Drew Brees were good QB's. He had less than stellar things to say about Dak Prescott, basically calling him mediocre.

So I'm confused why people are claiming this. Sure, he said good things about Tyrod and Wilson, but his comments on them are exactly in line with the national perception. Most people outside of Buffalo think Taylor is underrated (and they are wrong). Most people think Russell Wilson is a good QB.

So I don't see a lot of racial bias in his statements.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

We need Allen to be %100 + of what Cam is.  I like Cam.  Really, but the way he plays to take over games has hurt him bad.  We need Allen to be better.

I think you are completely underestimating how good Newton is.  Won a heisman and national championship in the best college conference.  Went 15-1 and to the SB, while winning MVP (with KB).  If Allen comes close to that, I’d stain my ? and be very, very happy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think you are completely underestimating how good Newton is.  Won a heisman and national championship in the best college conference.  Went 15-1 and to the SB, while winning MVP (with KB).  If Allen comes close to that, I’d stain my ? and be very, very happy.

I really like Cam.  A lot.  But his career arc is like Matt Ryan.  Wilson too. Guys that I would take in a heart beat, but shouldn't go to Canton.

We need a Brees, or Rodgers dare I say.... Brady guy.  And they will be enshrined.   

Please don't take this as a slight against Cam.  I have ALWAYS been a Cam fan.

3 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

I really like Cam.  A lot.  But his career arc is like Matt Ryan.  Wilson too. Guys that I would take in a heart beat, but shouldn't go to Canton.

We need a Brees, or Rodgers dare I say.... Brady guy.  And they will be enshrined.   

Please don't take this as a slight against Cam.  I have ALWAYS been a Cam fan.

But honestly based on Allen’s college career, it seems like his ceiling might be a Joe Flacco type.  Obviously things can change but guys like Newton and Ryan are probsbly in the top 5% of qbs.  I would love to see Allen reach this level but based on evidence so far, it seems really unlikely.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But honestly based on Allen’s college career, it seems like his ceiling might be a Joe Flacco type.  Obviously things can change but guys like Newton and Ryan are probsbly in the top 5% of qbs.  I would love to see Allen reach this level but based on evidence so far, it seems really unlikely.

I don't disagree.  At all.  Not even remotely a point that Ive ever made.