Here it is! My new all time favorite program!! -- Bills Embedded

astb41

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Only 17 minutes!?

Hmmm... Josh Allen wears #17. Maybe they're trying to tell us something... :ph34r:

My favorite part was Coach telling Foster that he would have lit him up back in his day. Thought it was well done and definitely fired me up, so well done to the production crew :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Director of Content or some such titled guy on WGR today said they will all be 15-20 minutes. 

Production-wise, what did you think was lacking?

I'm sure it also lacked the budget

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jkx2 said:

I thought it showed the Bills have a real coach and a great insight to who McDermott is, but it lacked the production  value and story telling features that HBO and NFL Films brings to Hard Knocks.

Those "story telling features" can distort what's really happening, though. 

Wait...I thought many here said this would be the worst thing ever...in relation to Hard Knocks and that it will ruin the season?  How can it be the Bills didn’t implode with a camera crew there?  Everyone said it would, I’m confused...:blink:

All kidding aside, I thought it was great and man I just love McD!  He’s the real deal!  I was already a believer and fan, but seeing him behind scenes just furthers that.  Can’t wait for Friday and then next Wednesday again!!! 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just the 1st episode.  More to follow.

Thanks for posting video,I don't do Facebook,so I wouldn't have seen this!

5 hours ago, jkx2 said:

I thought it showed the Bills have a real coach and a great insight to who McDermott is, but it lacked the production  value and story telling features that HBO and NFL Films brings to Hard Knocks.

I prefer reality vs production staging.

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wait...I thought many here said this would be the worst thing ever...in relation to Hard Knocks and that it will ruin the season?  How can it be the Bills didn’t implode with a camera crew there?  Everyone said it would, I’m confused...:blink:

The annual "Hard Knocks is a distraction" whine comes from people that don't have HBO. You know the type, "If I can't enjoy something, then neither should anyone else." If the Bills were ever featured on Hard Knocks there would be a weekly Tuesday night "Gameday" thread that followed the show in real-time, and every microsecond would be broken down and analyzed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

I agree. The thing you need to take into account, however, is that this was produced by the team itself, so obviously the production and editing are extremely biased. Hard Knocks has no interest in making the Browns out to be anything other than the clown show it is.

I don't know the answer to this, but are you suggesting the Browns have no editorial authority over the content of the show?  I'd find that hard to believe.

Bills Today: McDermott offers thoughts on 'Embedded'

1 – McDermott offers thoughts on 'Buffalo Bills: Embedded'

Last night, the Bills premiered a behind the scenes series titled 'Buffalo Bills: Embedded' on their Facebook page. The series is designed to give Bills fans an inside look at the intricacies of the NFL lifestyle. Clips from the series show players, coaches, and other Bills personnel in meeting rooms, on the practice field, and just about everywhere else. Recently, Bills head coach Sean McDermott offered his thoughts on the production.

“Well, it is authentic, I can tell you that,” he said. “It is real.”

As you might imagine, an in-depth look at every move you make could be hard to adjust to, and McDermott said just that.

“Maybe some of the stuff that was taped will change the perception of Sean McDermott as a coach,” McDermott said jokingly. “I hope not.”

Although McDermott is the head man in Buffalo, he believes that the series is an accurate representation of what life at training camp is really like. He also noted that if he were just a fan, looking at the game from the outside, he would be glued to whichever device was playing “Embedded.”

“I know if I was a fan, I wouldn’t miss it,” said McDermott.

Bills fans can catch the entire series on Facebook Watch at facebook.com/billsembedded. New episodes will be available on Wednesday nights at 8:00 p.m. from Aug. 15 through Sept. 5.

11 hours ago, eball said:

Great job, Bills.  I look at how McD conducts himself and compare it to Hue Jackson on Hard Knocks?  No comparison.

Steve said it best on One Bills Live today - Embedded is an in-house production to give fans an inside peek at what goes on and the narrative is controlled by the team.  Show the positive and the control the narrative.

Hard Knocks is run outside of team control and it’s prime function is to find and highlight the drama to make it compelling.  

The two have totally different goals and that can be seen by the narrative right here on the board- Hue is portrayed as this nice - incompetent guy that has 2 large Type A personalities gunning for his job.  That is the narrative and drama that Hard Knocks is playing up. It may or may not be true, but it is the angle they seem to be playing.

The Bills are trying to humanize McDermot and show the team as a family.  I have no doubts that Frazier and McDermot have had some squabbles probably just as bad as Cleveland, but everyone thinks Cleveland is totally going to lmplode because of internal bickering - while the Bills look like a solid well run family.

I don’t think Hard Knocks destroys a team, but I do not think it does a team any favors and to me - if I was a Cleveland fan or if the Bills were on Hard Knocks - I think it would have a definite negative impact on how I feel about the team.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

I don't have Facebook, where else can you find it?

I don't either but I clicked the link on the Bills homepage and when it took me to FB and it prompted me to sign up for FB I clicked "not now". It took me straight to a the video.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, jkx2 said:

It lacked the NFL Film cinematography. The close  intimacy you see from their camera guys. No jib or high end production tools. Some drone work might have been nice to see. Other than coach you didn't get a feel for players and who they are. It just didn't have the overall depth Hard Knocks. Does. And just to let you know I've been a cinematographer/producer/ filmmaker for 35 years and have won Emmy awards for similar type programs. 

What's funny about that is that one of the main producers, Michelle, worked for NFL films and won Emmys for her work on Hard Knocks. Just went to Pegula Entertainment in the last few years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hmmm... Josh Allen wears #17. Maybe they're trying to tell us something... :ph34r:

My favorite part was Coach telling Foster that he would have lit him up back in his day. Thought it was well done and definitely fired me up, so well done to the production crew :beer: 

My favorite was coach chastising the offense for not celebrating a TD, then showing how the D did it, focusing on some obscure D Lineman trying to catch up to the celebration, ending with “and he probably didn’t even no the guy’s name!” Entertaining stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3