Here it is! My new all time favorite program!! -- Bills Embedded

astb41

6 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

It’s been reported many times that the NFL and the Browns both have editorial control of Hard Knocks - it’s not a documentary, it’s a promotional tool.

if you think the NFL would allow unfettered access, you’re crazy. 

It was reported leading up to Hard Knocks that the Browns would get to see a copy of the production before it goes live to ensure nothing of a competitive nature (audibles, plays on white board, lists of FA, etc.) is scrubbed, but the Browns have no control over what is picked to be shown or presented.  There was a great piece at the initial kick-off about why the Browns were chosen and who had editorial control over what.

It it is a documentary taking everything that happens and removing anything that would give away secrets to give others a competitive edge.  The team from Hard Knocks has a ton of access and they ask the team to trust they will not show competitive issues, but their job is to drum up interest and in that way they look for drama to highlight.

5 hours ago, eball said:

Thank you, that's what I thought.  I didn't think things are quite the way @Rochesterfan laid them out above; Cleveland is also controlling the narrative.

That is incorrect I believe - Cleveland has access to ensure that proprietary info is not released - they do not have access to control the narrative - that is controlled out of the production team.

Cleveland sees a copy prior to release, but the work is done -they can just make sure things like whiteboards do not show plays or actual audibles they are installing are sent out.

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

I had no problems watching this on my iphone nor mirroring it to my apple tv

Can you watch the video of it that 26cornerblitz or Chandler#81 posted in this thread? 

They are posted on page 2. All I can hear is sound when I watch them. No video. 

I had no issue watching it on Facebook. I just can’t watch the videos in this thread (or any other thread here) that are embedded directly from the Bills website. 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nah, we'll take our clean and manageable forum over what we saw happen to BBMB. Dont need a new thread for every episode and update. I'd rather have to click through a few pages of the same thread than wade through 6 different threads. That's how it's done at TBD

What would be cool is if a "Topic" could have sub-threads.  E.g the topic is "Embedded - then you could have different threads about different aspects/episodes.  You could do it with Multiple Boards, but that is a PitA to navigate/manage too.  Sort of like the old collapsing Thread where you tie Replies together to a thread.  a Multi-Threaded topic.

That would keep it Clean on the main page - with discussions about general topics being together.

Like we've had discussions where someone goes off and a "thread" gets closed - but really, that can be because of 2 people arguing about some nuance and it get's nasty.  The rest of the thread could continue.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

It was reported leading up to Hard Knocks that the Browns would get to see a copy of the production before it goes live to ensure nothing of a competitive nature (audibles, plays on white board, lists of FA, etc.) is scrubbed, but the Browns have no control over what is picked to be shown or presented.  There was a great piece at the initial kick-off about why the Browns were chosen and who had editorial control over what.

It it is a documentary taking everything that happens and removing anything that would give away secrets to give others a competitive edge.  The team from Hard Knocks has a ton of access and they ask the team to trust they will not show competitive issues, but their job is to drum up interest and in that way they look for drama to highlight.

That is incorrect I believe - Cleveland has access to ensure that proprietary info is not released - they do not have access to control the narrative - that is controlled out of the production team.

Cleveland sees a copy prior to release, but the work is done -they can just make sure things like whiteboards do not show plays or actual audibles they are installing are sent out.

If what you say is true, then every franchise that has agreed to participate is run by morons.

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

I don't think that's entirely true (and naturally I can't find the article now).  Essentially HBO films and edits the storylines as they see fit - the Browns do a final sign off, but on "sensitive info" or the like.  The Browns don't get to overly affect the story line, from what I'd read (which is much like several sports content projects that I've worked on with media).

Regardless, it's obviously a promotional tool, but you can be sure that HBO is editing to create drama.  Guarantee that the Browns aren't loving the image that's being presented of them, right now...

As for the Bills series - Dear Process, I Love You!

Seriously though, watching how McDermott operates vs how Hue does, you have to feel good about the direction of the coaching staff and the leadership they're providing.  We always hear about how "good coaching makes the difference", I feel like we're going to get to see that here in Buffalo (we sure did last season)!

This is it exactly.

Just look for the Hard Knocks press conference from May and it gives a nice breakdown of what is produced and when the Browns see things.

Of course because it is NFL related the Hard Knocks crew is going to avoid certain things - they do not want to bite the hand that feeds them, but at the same time their job is to get eyes to HBO to keep their jobs and that means finding and in some cases creating drama - via their editing.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

If what you say is true, then every franchise that has agreed to participate is run by morons.

Why do you think it has become so hard to get a team to do Hard Knocks?  They have not had a voluntary team do it in years and had to creat a set of rules to force teams to be on the show.

The NFL loves the exposure - the teams hate doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Why do you think it has become so hard to get a team to do Hard Knocks?  They have not had a voluntary team do it in years and had to creat a set of rules to force teams to be on the show.

The NFL loves the exposure - the teams hate doing it.

Understood.

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Was only a couple shots but you get the impression White/Hyde/Poyer are very close off the field .

They know they got something special in the secondary

For the practices I was at when those three were off the field during scrimmage work they were ALWAYS together on the sidelines

The Bills “Embedded” was a great show and it is nearly impossible not to love this coach and team.  They put out a great promotional product that peels back a few layers, but leaves most of the underlying things hidden.  

For an internally produced production it was done very well - I gave them ??

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

The Bills “Embedded” was a great show and it is nearly impossible not to love this coach and team.  They put out a great promotional product that peels back a few layers, but leaves most of the underlying things hidden.  

For an internally produced production it was done very well - I gave them ??

Agreed. Between Astro's commentary on the disciplined approach to Training Camp, to the generally held belief that he runs a tight ship, to the show it might, he seems to quite a leader. Great show. 

On 8/1/2018 at 8:24 PM, astb41 said:

how do i "embedd' the youtube link in the first post?

Episode 1 is embedded in Facebook in its entirity (around 19 minutes). Unless you are a secret mad skilled hacker im thinking you would have to screen record it. It was really good I watched it earlier.

15 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

That was a really well done production. I really like McDermott's leadership style, no BS, play hard and he will give you a chance. 

I can't wait for the next episode. 

Of course, Jeremy White was on this morning to Pooh Pooh the whole idea.

16 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Of course, Jeremy White was on this morning to Pooh Pooh the whole idea.

Media and media guys (in general)  will always try to be just a little negative about something to generate the needed reaction from their audience.  I read two of his twits about the show contradicting himself.  

The making of Buffalo Bills: Embedded, presented by Pepsi

Camera crews followed Bills players, coaches and staff as the team prepares for the 2018 season. Take a look at photos from the making of the new series, Buffalo Bills: Embedded, presented by Pepsi. The show begins on Aug. 15 at 8 p.m. on Facebook Watch.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2018 at 8:25 AM, GG said:

They own a media company and have been staffing it with industry pros, including NFL Films vets.

This would be fair criticism if they tried to emulate Hard Knocks.  These series are clearly not staged for the same dramatic effect that HBO needs to go for.

So they hired NFL film people who didn't produce an NFL film quality video. Also if you don't think this was staged you've never worked in television.  It was just staged to make everything look peachy .

1 hour ago, jkx2 said:

So they hired NFL film people who didn't produce an NFL film quality video. Also if you don't think this was staged you've never worked in television.  It was just staged to make everything look peachy .

Maybe before you got your job in television, you should have taken reading comprehension again.

What exactly did I say about the video not being staged?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GG said:

Maybe before you got your job in television, you should have taken reading comprehension again.

What exactly did I say about the video not being staged?

Maybe you should learn to read your own.

"These series are clearly not staged for the same dramatic effect that HBO needs to go for."

5 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

Maybe you should learn to read your own.

"These series are clearly not staged for the same dramatic effect that HBO needs to go for."

Let’s try this again.  Where did I say that the series wasn’t staged?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1