Here it is! My new all time favorite program!! -- Bills Embedded

astb41

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills Embedded is already embedded in this thread.  No need to go to Facebook or anywhere else.

Very true. lol. 

except for some reason the videos in this thread won’t play for me. All I hear is sound with a black screen. But for some reason that happens for me with all the videos that are embedded here directly from the Bills site. 

I am on an iPad though, so maybe that’s why? Maybe it’s just my operating system (IOS) or safari web browser that apple uses or that it’s a mobile platform, idk. 

I wish I could figure out why they won’t play for me though, because you post some really cool videos/press conferences from the Bills site quite frequently and I have to go hunting through the video section of their webpage (which is a mess IMO) and usually can’t find it there (because of said mess), so then I hunt through their twitter timeline until I find it... lol. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Very true. lol. 

except for some reason the videos in this thread won’t play for me. All I hear is sound with a black screen. But for some reason that happens for me with all the videos that are embedded here directly from the Bills site. 

I am on an iPad though, so maybe that’s why? Maybe it’s just my operating system (IOS) or safari web browser that apple uses or that it’s a mobile platform, idk. 

I wish I could figure out why they won’t play for me though, because you post some really cool videos/press conferences from the Bills site quite frequently and I have to go hunting through the video section of their webpage (which is a mess IMO) and usually can’t find it there (because of said mess), so then I hunt through their twitter timeline until I find it... lol. 

Sorry to hear that.  Very likely an IOS or Safari issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sorry to hear that.  Very likely an IOS or Safari issue. 

Thanks. Yeah I’m sure that’s most likely it. 

I love apple, and I hate it at the same time! lol 

I need to upgrade my home computer so I have a good windows based platform to use again. I maybe a much better understanding of how PC works compared to Mac. I am relatively new to Mac products (my iPad being the only Mac prospect I’ve ever really owned) 

32 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

Compared to Hard Knocks (Browns), the Bills come across as far more organized.  No screaming at the players, no putting anyone down but still holding everyone accountable. Nice to see that the coaches allow the players to have some fun also.  Bills seem very consistent in the expectations of both the players and the coaches.  Very enjoyable seeing  a little bit of the behind the scenes.   

To be fair, we saw very little real-time practice coaching compared to what Hard Knocks shows. I'd bet good money that some Bills coaches are getting on some players. And it could all be edited to look the same. Selective Editing is what makes all these reality TV shows what they are.

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Thanks. Yeah I’m sure that’s most likely it. 

I love apple, and I hate it at the same time! lol 

I need to upgrade my home computer so I have a good windows based platform to use again. I maybe a much better understanding of how PC works compared to Mac. I am relatively new to Mac products (my iPad being the only Mac prospect I’ve ever really owned) 

iOS standard browsers block flash so if the video isn't available in html5 I believe you're out of luck using Safari. If you download Puffin you should be able to watch the video, it runs flash.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

iOS standard browsers block flash so if the video isn't available in html5 I believe you're out of luck using Safari. If you download Puffin you should be able to watch the video, it runs flash.

No option to allow for exceptions by content source?

I really enjoy watching this kind of stuff, but as I was watching it, all I could think about are the handful of fans who are convinced that the entire front office needs to be gutted clean. They made a lot of noise when the McCoy girlfriend story first surfaced. 

You also got a good sense of what Astro was referring to in his Day 11 notes about how everything is like a well-rehearsed play. McD was clear he wanted to optimize everyone's time; crisp start, crisp finish, always be ready to go in and come out, never stop moving people around so they can get the most of their time together.

It still needs to translate to wins, but it's clear this coach knows how to build a team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bills Embedded is already embedded in this thread.  No need to go to Facebook or anywhere else.

This is the problem with merging every single thread on a topic and not allowing multiples with updates. You have to scroll around through every page to find it. Would have ben better to start a new thread with the full show being the main post. I saw this post, watched the youtube clip, then ended up going to facebook to find the full show. I doubt the folks in charge here want to send people to other sites for info people could easily access here with a slightly looser policy. Same thing when I was looking for an update on McCoy after his whole situation. Have to dig around in threads to find an update rather than someone starting a new thread. /rant

1 minute ago, BrotherChazz said:

This is the problem with merging every single thread on a topic and not allowing multiples with updates. You have to scroll around through every page to find it. Would have ben better to start a new thread with the full show being the main post. I saw this post, watched the youtube clip, then ended up going to facebook to find the full show. I doubt the folks in charge here want to send people to other sites for info people could easily access here with a slightly looser policy. Same thing when I was looking for an update on McCoy after his whole situation. Have to dig around in threads to find an update rather than someone starting a new thread. /rant

An easy solution would be embedding each full episode in the OP and the site seems to be doing just fine as is. 

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No option to allow for exceptions by content source?

They just aren't flash capable on iPads and iphones. I think it's more an issue of the fact there is no flash player installed as opposed to picking and choosing source material. Puffin has a flash player so you can watch flash videos on that browser. It's just another example of mac trying to force a market shift, they saw flash was causing like 75%+ of all browser crashes and they just stopped supporting it to try and force everyone to use html5 instead.

Edit: Here's the open letter from Jobs explaining his position. 

https://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, QCity said:

The annual "Hard Knocks is a distraction" whine comes from people that don't have HBO. You know the type, "If I can't enjoy something, then neither should anyone else." If the Bills were ever featured on Hard Knocks there would be a weekly Tuesday night "Gameday" thread that followed the show in real-time, and every microsecond would be broken down and analyzed.

That's a bit harsh. I have HBO and I don't want the Bills to be featured on hard knocks. I see no advantage for the team whatsoever, and at the end of the day I want the Bills to be the strongest team possible. I have no doubt we would all watch and analyze, but that was never up for consideration. 

Loved the opening episode for Embedded. Smart to have it in house. jmo.

On 8/15/2018 at 6:04 AM, Magnetar said:

All that matters is wins...  All this rah rah stuff doesn't mean much otherwise.

Well I guess you're a disgruntled Bills Fan either that or a troll.

However it does mean something.  It is this rah rah stuff that took a team with questionable talent last year and got them to 9 wins and a playoff birth.

But you know if you don't like it you can always move on to another thread instead of making yourself look miserable.

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Thank you! I really appreciate the help. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BrotherChazz said:

Nah, we'll take our clean and manageable forum over what we saw happen to BBMB. Dont need a new thread for every episode and update. I'd rather have to click through a few pages of the same thread than wade through 6 different threads. That's how it's done at TBD.

32 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

That's a bit harsh. I have HBO and I don't want the Bills to be featured on hard knocks. I see no advantage for the team whatsoever, and at the end of the day I want the Bills to be the strongest team possible. I have no doubt we would all watch and analyze, but that was never up for consideration. 

Loved the opening episode for Embedded. Smart to have it in house. jmo.

Quick question tho: People have been arguing for us to avoid Hard Knocks for the past 15 years because it would be a distraction and hurt the team. But really, over those 15 years, how much damage would it really have done? How much worse could it have been?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I had no problems watching this on my iphone nor mirroring it to my apple tv

4 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

It’s been reported many times that the NFL and the Browns both have editorial control of Hard Knocks - it’s not a documentary, it’s a promotional tool.

if you think the NFL would allow unfettered access, you’re crazy. 

I don't think that's entirely true (and naturally I can't find the article now).  Essentially HBO films and edits the storylines as they see fit - the Browns do a final sign off, but on "sensitive info" or the like.  The Browns don't get to overly affect the story line, from what I'd read (which is much like several sports content projects that I've worked on with media).

Regardless, it's obviously a promotional tool, but you can be sure that HBO is editing to create drama.  Guarantee that the Browns aren't loving the image that's being presented of them, right now...

As for the Bills series - Dear Process, I Love You!

Seriously though, watching how McDermott operates vs how Hue does, you have to feel good about the direction of the coaching staff and the leadership they're providing.  We always hear about how "good coaching makes the difference", I feel like we're going to get to see that here in Buffalo (we sure did last season)!

• Thank you (+1) 1