Here it is! My new all time favorite program!! -- Bills Embedded

astb41

10 hours ago, Wnybricky said:

Pegulas hired some top notch people to put out a film like that . 

They own a media company and have been staffing it with industry pros, including NFL Films vets.

9 hours ago, jkx2 said:

It lacked the NFL Film cinematography. The close  intimacy you see from their camera guys. No jib or high end production tools. Some drone work might have been nice to see. Other than coach you didn't get a feel for players and who they are. It just didn't have the overall depth Hard Knocks. Does. And just to let you know I've been a cinematographer/producer/ filmmaker for 35 years and have won Emmy awards for similar type programs. 

This would be fair criticism if they tried to emulate Hard Knocks.  These series are clearly not staged for the same dramatic effect that HBO needs to go for.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s been reported many times that the NFL and the Browns both have editorial control of Hard Knocks - it’s not a documentary, it’s a promotional tool.

if you think the NFL would allow unfettered access, you’re crazy. 

Watched it last night and here are my opinions: AMAZING. Production level was really high (better than hard knocks imo). I find myself barely able to stay awake for Hard Knocks but I found myself wishing this was an hour long. Whoever the director was did an amazing job and should get some major props for this. I loved some of the crazy shots we got of practice and all the hard work these guys have been putting in. 

52 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

It’s been reported many times that the NFL and the Browns both have editorial control of Hard Knocks - it’s not a documentary, it’s a promotional tool.

Thank you, that's what I thought.  I didn't think things are quite the way @Rochesterfan laid them out above; Cleveland is also controlling the narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Exactly. They aren't going to let Hard Knocks tarnish the brand. Both the NFL and the Browns have control of what goes out, it's a promotional tool.

Now, it may be the case that no amount of editing can make Hue look like a competent coach but that goes the same for the Bills and producing something in house. If McD wasn't competent the Bills wouldn't be able to edit that away, unless they kept him completely off camera, which is unlikely.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

What is it about Kyle Williams? Everytime that guy speaks my hair stands on end. I’d go to war for that man. 

I foresee coaching in his future when he retires.  I think he'd be a heck of a coach.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought it was great. The least surprising thing was that Sean has “Process” written on the inside of his hat so that he can see it every time he puts it on.

The thing is, YOLO, we know how disciplined he is, but maybe every once awhile he may get that itch to stray from his plan, for whatever the reason.

In other words, may be he evens needs a reminder that he has to trust the process.

Thought it was excellent. Production was top notch. I think my favorite was having Streater and Hughes play Madden, and someone yelled "Let's go Streat!". Lightened the mood of the room and got everyone a little juiced to see who would come out on top.

Looking very forward to the rest of them.

I thought it was very well done. I love how Coach McDermott puts such an emphasis on energy, intensity, the team, etc. Nothing on this team is about the individual, it's all about the team. He has an incredible command on the locker room. 

Excited to see more of these, and very excited for the regular season to start!

Compared to Hard Knocks (Browns), the Bills come across as far more organized.  No screaming at the players, no putting anyone down but still holding everyone accountable. Nice to see that the coaches allow the players to have some fun also.  Bills seem very consistent in the expectations of both the players and the coaches.  Very enjoyable seeing  a little bit of the behind the scenes.   

10 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

I don't have Facebook, where else can you find it?

You don’t need Facebook to find/watch it. Just google “Buffalo Bills embedded” and it’ll show up on their Facebook page. You can watch it without signing in though. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

You don’t need Facebook to find/watch it. Just google “Buffalo Bills embedded” and it’ll show up on their Facebook page. You can watch it without signing in though. 

Bills Embedded is already embedded in this thread.  No need to go to Facebook or anywhere else.

• Like (+1) 2