Here it is! My new all time favorite program!! -- Bills Embedded

astb41

I thought it showed the Bills have a real coach and a great insight to who McDermott is, but it lacked the production  value and story telling features that HBO and NFL Films brings to Hard Knocks.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, MJS said:

Only 17 minutes!?

53 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just the 1st episode.  More to follow.

Director of Content or some such titled guy on WGR today said they will all be 15-20 minutes. 

20 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

I thought it showed the Bills have a real coach and a great insight to who McDermott is, but it lacked the production  value and story telling features that HBO and NFL Films brings to Hard Knocks.

Production-wise, what did you think was lacking?

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

22 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Wow, that was actually quite good. Better than I was expecting.

That was exactly what I thought. I knew it was going to be a produced PR puff-piece, and it was. But it was very well done, with enough of an edge to make it interesting. I will certainly be tuned to the next episode.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Can we sign McD to an extension now instead of waiting??

LOVE this coach. 

Seriously...like doodle his name in my notebook kinda love.

I loved how Dawkins talked to Wyatt Teller after McD came down on him and calmed him. Real mature.

Also loved to see Josh Allen sitting in the front row for every meeting

Amazing program and cant wait to watch next week

I noticed (and loved) that, too. 

I also noticed that Daboll was seated right next to him in every meeting as well.

They seem to be glued together at the hip (which is a good thing, IMO).

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Director of Content or some such titled guy on WGR today said they will all be 15-20 minutes. 

Production-wise, what did you think was lacking?

It lacked the NFL Film cinematography. The close  intimacy you see from their camera guys. No jib or high end production tools. Some drone work might have been nice to see. Other than coach you didn't get a feel for players and who they are. It just didn't have the overall depth Hard Knocks. Does. And just to let you know I've been a cinematographer/producer/ filmmaker for 35 years and have won Emmy awards for similar type programs. 

Edited by jkx2
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

It lacked the NFL Film cinematography. The close  intimacy you see from their camera guys. No jib or high end production tools. Some drone work might have been nice to see. Other than coach you didn't get a feel for players and who they are. It just didn't have the overall depth Hard Knocks. Does. And just to let you know I've been a cinematographer/producer/ filmmaker for 35 years and have won Emmy awards for similar type programs. 

That's why it is disappointing that it is only 17 minutes. It is hard to go in depth and really tell a story in that amount of time.

28 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

I get what you are saying but to me the production value was fine - better than I expected actually and perfectly appropriate for what this is - something done with a fraction of the budget/resources of Hard Knocks.  If anything sometimes Hard knocks suffers from overproduction IMO

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

I respect your comment based on your stated experience. However I would ask that you understand this is an house production right? Further, that this house has been completely inept at producing in house product for either the Sabres or the Bills. I'm hard pressed to find fault with this product.

It's a look we've never seen from them and I think they did it in fantastic manner. I get your points but this is miles from where they started from. How bout some props for them considering they haven't had a !@#$ing clue how to go about something like this till now? Somebody new in the company must have done this production and to that person and whoever hired him or her I just want to say thank you and please continue to raise the bar. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Really enjoyed the episode overall - good production quality. 

What I enjoyed most: McDermott comes across as pretty much the opposite of Hue Jackson on Hard Knocks. 

I agree. The thing you need to take into account, however, is that this was produced by the team itself, so obviously the production and editing are extremely biased. Hard Knocks has no interest in making the Browns out to be anything other than the clown show it is.

• Haha (+1) 1