Will Rex Ryan Ever Get Another Shot To Coach in The NFL?

His scumbag brother has a worse track record as a DC than Rex.  And it looks like he could be part of Miami's staff (PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN).

I don't think Rex ever gets another HC gig.  But if his scumbag brother can get a DC gig again, then Rex can, too.

I'm just glad it will never be in Buffalo.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

Rex Ryan did some serious damage to the credibility of both Brandon (who didn't want to let him leave the building) and Whaley (who spoke of national brands and soulmates).  Without him, maybe those guys would still be running the show.  

Thank you, Rex.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Rex Ryan did some serious damage to the credibility of both Brandon (who didn't want to let him leave the building) and Whaley (who spoke of national brands and soulmates).  Without him, maybe those guys would still be running the show.  

Thank you, Rex.

Whaley wanted Hue Jackson. I’m not saying that would (or wouldn’t) have worked but he can’t be blamed for Rex. 

• Like (+1) 1

He may want to.

He may believe he was wronged by the Jets and Bills.

But he was exposed as a fool. I don’t see any NFL GM, let alone an owner willing to offer him another opportunity. I hope he makes a good analysis personality. Certainly has the gab gift. 

now, these other pro Leagues popping up? Maybe. He can sell tickets!

• Thank you (+1) 1

He was good for the Jets in like 2011. It was utterly mind boggling that we hired him. His Jets teams were god awful at the time. I think the season before we hired him, we destroyed the Jets by like 50 points each game. And we hire the guy? Unbelievable.

that said, no, his career is done.. unless Russ Brandon finds a new job. 

• Like (+1) 1

I still contend Ryan was fine as an in-game HC.  If he had just kept Schwartz he would still be the HC now and Whaley probably is still the GM.  All he had to do was add a few blitz packages to what Schwartz and the D would have been great.  Whaley could have continued to focus on QB and the offense, instead of finding players to fit Ryan's defense.  

Zero chance he gets a HC job in the NFL.  I do think a college job is possible at someplace like Kansas or Washington State.  Some low tier school in a big conference looking for a spark.

• Like (+1) 1