New FB Sam Rogers can play

MrEpsYtown

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Why not a replacement for DiMarco?  The only play I remember him making is Pickerman's first INT in LA bouncing off his hands.  Complete waste of a roster spot.

I disagree. But i am a biased fan. Trust in Coach to make those decisions.

I have seen Dimarco make some nice plays as well. He was rated as one of the better FBs before we got him : )

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Can he take an ill placed pass and turn it into a gift-wrapped interception opportunity though?

If not there would be a big dropoff should DiMarco be out.

Your takes on this game are pretty great.

By I’ll placed, I’ll assume you mean directly on target.

And then the pass where Nate threw Kelvin into his injury...  because the safety was bearing down from 10 yards away ?

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Your takes on this game are pretty great.

By I’ll placed, I’ll assume you mean directly on target.

And then the pass where Nate threw Kelvin into his injury...  because the safety was bearing down from 10 yards away ?

The pass to DiMarco was not well placed.  Much like the pic he threw last game.   Catchable but a poorly-placed low-reward play in a high traffic area.   Nate literally does what McD HOPES the opposing offense does..........try to execute long drives with a high volume of low yield passing plays..........and then the McDefense can jump on an ill placed or poorly timed throw.    

Sam Rogers is the FB version of Fred Jackson.  He will grind and grind and doesn't give up on plays.  People count him out but he tries the hardest.  He can run a little and really does a little of everything.

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The pass to DiMarco was not well placed.  Much like the pic he threw last game.   Catchable but a poorly-placed low-reward play in a high traffic area.   Nate literally does what McD HOPES the opposing offense does..........try to execute long drives with a high volume of low yield passing plays..........and then the McDefense can jump on an ill placed or poorly timed throw.    

Missing the catch wasn't the main problem, batting it up so the other team could catch it was.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Sam Rogers is the FB version of Fred Jackson.  He will grind and grind and doesn't give up on plays.  People count him out but he tries the hardest.  He can run a little and really does a little of everything.

...don't know much about him, but if the FredEx comparison holds up, quite the find......another V-Tech guy in the house......

image.jpeg.e1ace6c8947cc7306157acc39f5b75af.jpeg

Played against him in high school used to work out with him everyday. This guy was the starting qb for his team and A LOAD to tackle. Had a few offers to play D1AA, but he chose to walk on at VT. Earned his scholarship, and grinded his way to getting drafted . I'm hype for Sam because he's going to find a way to stick, he is better than Dimarco. If they give him the chance he is gonna take his job

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Missing the catch wasn't the main problem, batting it up so the other team could catch it was.

The main problem was Peterman and DiMarco being on the field at all..........should never have happened.   That late in the season it was pretty clear that DiMarco wasn't working out in the Dennison offense.

Maybe DiMarco will show something more this year but I have my doubts that Daboll will really want a fullback who can't catch a football thrown 5 yards in the air........that volleyball job for Peterman's first career pic wasn't DiMarco's only stone hands exhibition of the season.