De’Ondre Wesley Impressing?

I heard very little about OT/OG De’Ondre Wesley this offseason, but I have seen a lot of positive chatter about him lately on Twitter.  

Right now he is listed as the 2nd team right OG on the depth chart behind Miller.  Anybody have any insight?  Seems like we may have a great deal of interior line depth.

He was ‘16 UDFA signed by Ravens.  Bills signed him to PS in December of 2017, BTW.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I heard very little about OT/OG De’Ondre Wesley this offseason, but I have seen a lot of positive chatter about him lately on Twitter.  

Right now he is listed as the 2nd team right OG on the depth chart behind Miller.  Anybody have any insight?  Seems like we may have a great deal of interior line depth.

He was ‘16 UDFA signed by Ravens.  Bills signed him to PS in December of 2017, BTW.

...Jesus...6'6", 331 lbs.......

Quick Note From Astro:

"Saw major improvement in this power scheme in all 9-10 guys. I even like our second string OL. De’Ondre Wesley is a behemoth at RT who has surprisingly agile feet, Teller is coming on strong as swing Guard, and at 6-4, 330, Newhouse is OT OG vet insurance. Ball comes out faster from these QBs, so pass pro is less about “how long can I hold ’em off”. The downfield threat and running of Allen, plus some of the screens/draws, keeps the DL guessing."

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

I think he is a second team left tackle with Newhouse on the right. McDermott doesn't make the team. Obviously an important job. Bottger and Teller fighting for guard spots.

Interesing.  OurLads.com has him as 2nd team ROG, and Joe B’s latest depth chart has him as 2nd string ROT.  BuffaloBills.com depth chart also has him at 2nd ROG.  Where has he been playing?

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interesing.  OurLads.com has him as 2nd team ROG, and Joe B’s latest depth chart has him as 2nd string ROT.  BuffaloBills.com depth chart also has him at 2nd ROG.  Where has he been playing?

....6'6"...331 lbs.......gotta love tackle eligible on the goal line.....

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He was RT in preseason vs. Carolina pretty much all game and he was solid. 

I would trust Joe B's depth chart.

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Or, most of our first line should be the second line........will need to wait to see if they can spring McCoy and get the QB some upright time when the real bullets fly.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....6'6"...331 lbs.......gotta love tackle eligible on the goal line.....

Kyle's job. But can D W lead block : )

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Inserting he and Teller, we’re going to have one hell of a nasty goalline package.

Miller was no slouch at the run game either. beastie boys

7 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Or, most of our first line should be the second line........will need to wait to see if they can spring McCoy and get the QB some upright time when the real bullets fly.

Not most: one or two. The problem is that pre-season games are the closest thing to real NFL game action and there is only so much time to experiment with different combinations.  And Teller appears to have come on as of late. I just find it amazing that they haven’t found anyone better than Mills in all this time. 

11 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

They have been switching the OTs and OGs with the 2nd team constantly through practice and even in the game where Wesley and Boettger both got time inside and outside. Teller has been only at guard but has had practices on both sides but Newhouse, Wesley and Boettger have all played guard and tackle and swapped sides. Think the starting 5, Bodine and Teller are in. Then it is probably those other 3 battling for 1 or 2 spots. 

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have been switching the OTs and OGs with the 2nd team constantly through practice and even in the game where Wesley and Boettger both got time inside and outside. Teller has been only at guard but has had practices on both sides but Newhouse, Wesley and Boettger have all played guard and tackle and swapped sides. Think the starting 5, Bodine and Teller are in. Then it is probably those other 3 battling for 1 or 2 spots. 

Probably Newhouse and Wesley. Boettger to PS. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Probably Newhouse and Wesley. Boettger to PS. 

Personally I'd go the other way on Boettger and Wesley but I suspect you are right. 

2 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

He didnt look to hot on McCarrons first play when he failed to pickup the outside blitz and the guy went untouched.  

That was Newhouse...