Jalen Ramsey trash talking a lot of QB's

His assertions are completely wrong as the editor's note shows.  But, he is the best corner in football and is ahead of where both Sherman and Revis were at in that stage of their career.

My hope is Josh gets to start and shuts him up.  Until then, what can you really do.   The guy is a great football player, but maybe not a Med Student. 

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

https://www.gq.com/story/jalen-ramsey-trash-talk-nfl-interview

I think [Buffalo Bills draft pick Josh] Allen is trash. I don't care what nobody say. He's trash. And it's gonna show too. That's a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I'm excited as hell. I hope he's their starting quarterback. He played at Wyoming. Every time they played a big school—like, they played Iowa State, which is not a big school in my opinion because I went to Florida State, and he threw five interceptions, and they lost by a couple touchdowns or something like that.✞ He never beat a big school. If you look at his games against big schools, it was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers. It's like: Yo, if you're this good, why couldn't you do better? He fits that mold, he's a big, tall quarterback. Big arm, supposedly. I don't see it, personally.

Is the guy blind!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, donbb said:

I wouldn't say he knows so much. His trash talking is nothing that wasn't in almost every scouting report on Allen.

If you read the article its kinda...odd.

He doesn't know Matt Ryan's name. He says the coaches feed him lines to say to the media and oddly memorized stats for his coaches old teams new QB. Its just kind of funny. That said after reading the whole article I can say this, aside from the trash talk to our QB hes a likeable dude. Can tolerate him much more than Richard Sherman at that age. 

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He's the best cornerback in football, he can run his mouth a bit.  

Honestly, he’s not really wrong about anything he said (though we don’t know about Allen yet obviously and Luck has gone from overrated to underrated now).  

But i have no idea what the point in saying this is.  He is really good but he seems super insecure.  He is a guy who got AJ Green, who seems like the most chill guy in the league, to fight him.  There’s always been some rumors about him and it is sad that a really good player thinks this is the way to get his name out.

i LOVE the Jags under this league and can see the team turning on Marrone.

Just now, ddaryl said:

the guy is practicing psychological war fare... He obviously is going to keep this up until Allen shuts him up

Honestly, this is a good point.  You need to be super confident to be a great cb.  And as offense, especially a qb, you can’t really get extra fired up to play because you might make dumb mistakes.

but man, opponents are going to give it to him if he gets beat.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My assessment of him has always been that’s he’s very talented, but often unhinged. It never benefits his team to take public shots at opponents. It was stupid.

He is very talented.  I think when the Bills play him and he does get beat....I'll be looking for a 15 yard Unsportsmanlike  Conduct Penalty flag coming right after that.  You know he's going to lose it if/when that happens.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s the other way around ... seems like someone is in his head 

You honestly think Josh Allen is in his head?  The only reason might be that so so nfl qbs have so much more earning potential.  Ryan Tannehill isn’t close to Ramsey’s level as a player but he will make so much more money.  I’m sure that is a part of it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

He is very talented.  I think when the Bills play him and he does get beat....I'll be looking for a 15 yard Unsportsmanlike  Conduct Penalty flag coming right after that.  You know he's going to lose it if/when that happens.

He’ll probably cheap shot is and no one our team will do anything about it.

• Like (+1) 1