Zay Jones road to redemption

YoloinOhio

I don't care if he redeems himself and finds Jesus...I just want him to catch the freaking football.

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Me too... I just think its to early to be too give up hope on the guy... 1 season is not a trend, especially a rookie season.... 

One of anything does not a trend make.  But Jones played in 15 games last year and that's sixty quarters of football.

He played pretty much the same in all sixty.  Is that a trend?

Edited by Fadingpain

10 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

I am just glad I grew up in a time where social media wasn't a thing. Sure Zay's antics were on the extreme side but I am very glad none of the stupid **** I did in the military in my early twenties ever got caught on video.  I hope he can bounce back and be a solid contributor to the team this year.

Quick story, in ‘77 on Shore Leave from Genoa, 3 buds & I head for a weekend in Rome armed with a new 8mm home movie camera. We .um.. attract 4 lovely signorinas and bring back to the hotel. Everyone gets involved as we toss the camera around to each other. We believe we convinced them we were from Hollywood..

anyway, somewhere ‘out there’ lies incriminating evidence before high tech came on the scene..

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Quick story, in ‘77 on Shore Leave from Genoa, 3 buds & I head for a weekend in Rome armed with a new 8mm home movie camera. We .um.. attract 4 lovely signorinas and bring back to the hotel. Everyone gets involved as we toss the camera around to each other. We believe we convinced them we were from Hollywood..

anyway, somewhere ‘out there’ lies incriminating evidence before high tech came on the scene..

Normally this kind of story needs pictures to back them up but like Seanbillsfan2206's first hand knowledge that Gregg Williams got his job due to blowjobs it probably would be prevented by rules of the board.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Normally this kind of story needs pictures to back them up but like Seanbillsfan2206's first hand knowledge that Gregg Williams got his job due to blowjobs it probably would be prevented by rules of the board.

Those damn TOS..?

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s hard to believe that all of WNY wouldn’t be rooting for this kid to turn it around and have a break out season. Come on Zay!

why ? Why is it hard to believe?

I am a positive person and hopeful. Heck I root for the Bills after all these years.

But Jones rubs me the wrong way.
something is amiss with him.

Hope he plays his tail off and takes us to the playoffs and beyond !

something needs to change my mind about him though.

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree in general, but this was a one time thing, so to call him a headcase is a huge stretch based on very little other than a one time incident.  He certainly struggled last year catchign the ball, but that doesn't in any way make him a head case either.

I might argue that. he appears to be a head case, not a lack of talent. He proved he can run, catch and run some more in College.
But how far did he fall last year ?

Very. if he had any mojo coming in , he had none by midseason.

he was a mental case, not talent or skill deficient.

6 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

To me whether or not the Bills have a shot at fielding a decent and reasonably productive WR corps in 2018 depends much more on the condition of Kelvin Benjamin's knees than than on any other factor, more even than on who is taking snaps under centre. If he stays healthy in this his contract year he will not only have a 1000+ yard season but will open the door of opportunity for the other guys who make the roster. Important also not to lose sight of the impact of what looks to be a major upgrade at OC. If KB is good to go we could well see a significant improvement not only in the passing game but in the O overall. 

This is something often overlooked, but oh so true.

Thanks starry m

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Idandria said:

Zay wasn’t as bad his rookie season as everyone is making it out to be. He pull in that catch vs Carolina, he’s already a hero. 

He will be back, and he will be good. You heard it hear first. 

It's unfortunate that Zay is most known for the dropped pass vs Carolina, and that he was not on the same page as Tyrod on the route.  I'm optimistic that Zay will start to gain more confidence at the position and end up having a good season.

furiosa-redemption.gif?w=650

A single incident does not make a headcase. It was a big mistake that he's owned up to and so far it seems he's done everything he can to earn the coaches trust back.

His confidence took a hit, but how can you blame him? His second NFL game he dropped a tough pass that could have been the game winner. Half of the passes throw his way were uncatchable and he had issues with drops. Of course his confidence was low and it was tough for him to get it back. He was a rookie, it happens.

Erik Turner (https://twitter.com/Cover_1_) has a number of videos on youtube on Jones that I like.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zay+jones+cover+1&page=&utm_source=opensearch

19 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I don't care if he redeems himself and finds Jesus...I just want him to catch the freaking football.

One of anything does not a trend make.  But Jones played in 15 games last year and that's sixty quarters of football.

He played pretty much the same in all sixty.  Is that a trend?

rookie season... if it continues this season then its a trend.. 

17 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's unfortunate that Zay is most known for the dropped pass vs Carolina, and that he was not on the same page as Tyrod on the route.  I'm optimistic that Zay will start to gain more confidence at the position and end up having a good season.

The problem with this explanation is that Zay didn't just drop that one pass in the Carolina game.  He dropped numerous passes throughout the season.  He failed to regain any confidence all last season, so why do you think he will magically regain it in 2018?  I'm not saying he won't, but I do question why you are so sure that he will. 

• Sad 1