Going to Cleveland game

sirebors

Going to the Cleveland game with a couple friends. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions on when on Friday we should leave Buffalo. On which lot we should park in. If tailgating, drinking, and grills are allowed. When the lots actually open for tailgating. If Bills fans use a certain lot. Fighting traffic. Anything at all that may be useful. Thanks in advance. Go Bills!! 

5 hours ago, sirebors said:

Going to the Cleveland game with a couple friends. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions on when on Friday we should leave Buffalo. On which lot we should park in. If tailgating, drinking, and grills are allowed. When the lots actually open for tailgating. If Bills fans use a certain lot. Fighting traffic. Anything at all that may be useful. Thanks in advance. Go Bills!! 

I too am going to the game, but I live in Cleveland and will be tailgating with some Browns fans in the Muni-lot. As for traffic on 90W, I'd say it won't get bad until you hit downtown. I'd suggest getting off at Route 2 as it will sometimes navigate you down Dead Man's Curve to continue on to 90W (which will be a disaster with construction and traffic for Indians game). I would suggest leaving Buffalo by noon to get a good 3 hours of tailgating in and avoiding traffic.

8 hours ago, sirebors said:

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Visit Harry Buffalo. The name alone makes it a Bills fan HQ. I know it's the UB hangout during the MAC basketball tournament.

That place definitely has a WNY feel to it.The big Buffalo head on the wall was pretty neat...my wife and my friends wife thought it was disgusting.

Bluffs Parking
1407 Davenport Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114

https://goo.gl/maps/HqpjLmHHAYo

This is where I always go with friends to tailgate, it's a solid smaller lot right next to the FBI and an easy walk to the stadium. Doesn't get too packed(it is the Browns) Also seems to be good location to avoid traffic. 

Edited by BuffaloSol

Will actually be in Cleveland fri nite but not at the game.

Is there a Bills bar or something to check out Fri nite, postgame? We’re going to a concert and will be looking for something to do after.

Clevelanders- how is The Agora? Good room?  Also, Great Lakes brewery, is it as good as the menu looks?

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Is there a Bills bar or something to check out Fri nite, postgame? We’re going to a concert and will be looking for something to do after.

Clevelanders- how is The Agora? Good room?  Also, Great Lakes brewery, is it as good as the menu looks?

Thanks!

That area right around great lakes brewery, has a ton of great food and drink places,  you should find something on Friday night.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Thanks!

Not a Bills bar but this place is awesome. Biggest sandwiches I’ve ever seen...

http://www.slymans.com/

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Thanks!

I love GLBC and hung out there a lot when I lived in Cleveland.  Quality beer and food.  I’ve always loved the beer cheese soup there.  It is in the Ohio City neighborhood and there are other good bars & restaurants there. Ditto the Warehouse District and Tremont areas.  If you’re a food lover then check out the West Side Market On Saturday before you head home. Bring a cooler. It’s right by the GLBC on the corner of W 25th and Lorain. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Looking forward to a little roadie this weekend.  Might try Baltimore@ Indians on saturday if street tix aren’t too crazy.

Get District tickets if you go to the indians game. Tix are like 15 bucks and you get a free beer or fountain drink with your ticket stub.

34 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Looking forward to a little roadie this weekend.  Might try Baltimore@ Indians on saturday if street tix aren’t too crazy.

I got tickets a couple of weeks ago. 27 bucks for outfield seats. A great place to see a baseball game. Once you see the amenities that park has you will wish New Era Field had them. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I got tickets a couple of weeks ago. 27 bucks for outfield seats. A great place to see a baseball game. Once you see the amenities that park has you will wish New Era Field had them. 

Yep, Cleveland has a great ballpark.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloSol said:

Get District tickets if you go to the indians game. Tix are like 15 bucks and you get a free beer or fountain drink with your ticket stub.

What are District Tix? 

*edit- Looked them up says no seats for saturday. Sold out? Perhaps Jim Thome jersey day has something to do w it?

Been to the ballpark a couple times back when it was Jacobs, it’s a very nice yard indeed.

Also, the neighborhood by The Agora Theatre, what’s good over there for dinner, something to sop up the booze at the ‘Lips show later on?

Edited by 4_kidd_4
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloSol said:

Bluffs Parking
1407 Davenport Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114

https://goo.gl/maps/HqpjLmHHAYo

This is where I always go with friends to tailgate, it's a solid smaller lot right next to the FBI and an easy walk to the stadium. Doesn't get too packed(it is the Browns) Also seems to be good location to avoid traffic. 

I think I'm going to try this... Thank you so much to everyone for all the information and suggestions. 

• Like (+1) 1