The defense will miss Preston Brown this season

Rufridr101

Preston Brown was more solid against the run than many Bills fans will give him credit for. He wasnt strong in coverage though and that doesn't work in this defense. 

He will stick in the NFL though. He's only 25 years old and not every defensive scheme will call for the same responsibilities.

Pro Football Focus had him graded as the 5th most reliable tackler in the league. For whatever that's worth, and I'm not saying it's everything.

We are better off with Edmunds but I agree with the OP. He will have some growing pains this year and I think it will be more often in the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rufridr101 said:

He was never a negative play type of linebacker but always had his teammates lined up correctly and never missed tackles plus played every game 

He was always there to make the tackle, even though it was 5 yards off the line of scrimmage.

I liked Preston, seemed like a high character kinda guy & i believe we asked way too much of him. But the only way this Defense would miss Preston now would be for him to be the backup. Our LB corps is faster & T.Edmunds's potential vs Preston is well, heck its not even fair to compare the 2. Skies the limit for Edmunds. Preston? Well he's in Ohio. Best of luck!

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No there really is not...London was a beast but for some odd reason ppl seemed to think he only made plays after getting drug for 5 yards.

Which was not true

And possessed the rare ability to be the heartbeat of an entire defense.  

Preston is a smart, hard working linebacker with some physical limitations.  I can imagine there may be a few times when the Bills will mis his experience.  However, onece he gets aclimated to the NFL, Tremaine Edmunds has a good chance to become a far more complete linebacker.  He's smart, a student of the game, hard working and has unbelievable physical talent that Preston Brown can only dream about having.

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I was a fan of Preston.. I thought he was a serviceable linebacker for this team. I don’t think they will miss him but the guy was pretty durable and dependable from what I seen. With that said there are lots of decent players like him. He’s not irreplaceable for sure. 

I think the team will miss him somewhat. Edumonds will have some growing pains, Brown wasn't anything special but he was steady and a leader on the defense. 

Preston Brown is the kind of guy you want to come off the bench on a rotation and fill in when a starter goes down. He is a below average (but not terrible) starter, and a great backup.

I liked him and I think he'd be the type of player any team would want... just not as a 3 down starter.

Edited by MJS