1st Game in Buffalo

billfith

Hey Guys, I am long time Bills fan from the suburban Philly area. I will be finally attending a game at New Era Field with my 2 teenage children, any suggestions on where to stay for a  short commute after the game ? Thanks for any input !

I’ll spend a couple nights out near where I grew up, but then move to downtown for a couple night pre and post game. It’s no big commute from downtown, despite what it may look like on a map. It’s not a big city full of traffic. Near the stadium? Different story. 

Short in time or distance? This is Bflo, laughingly easy to get around, unlike Philly (haha), even after games. If you want to ditch right after the game, it's a slow slog. If you post-game a bit, say until 5:30, it's easier. In either case, I'd suggest somewhere downtown if you're interested in the watching some late games and having some dinner. And really, from the stadium, with minimal traffic, "downtown" is 20+ minutes. You could stay in the burbs near some strip plazas and chains, has to be somewhere near the stadium on McKinley. 

6 hours ago, zonabb said:

Short in time or distance? This is Bflo, laughingly easy to get around, unlike Philly (haha), even after games. If you want to ditch right after the game, it's a slow slog. If you post-game a bit, say until 5:30, it's easier. In either case, I'd suggest somewhere downtown if you're interested in the watching some late games and having some dinner. And really, from the stadium, with minimal traffic, "downtown" is 20+ minutes. You could stay in the burbs near some strip plazas and chains, has to be somewhere near the stadium on McKinley. 

Agree downtown is the place to go..and no need to wait to watch the 4 pm game, just come to Hammers Lot and the TBD tailgate and we have the 46 inch screen all fired up and on the 4:pm games usually no later then 4:30. Wait till halftime, head out, can almost be at 716 or any other place downtown and catch the second half!

If it is a family thing meaning you’re not into the nightlife, I wouldn’t go all the way downtown.  One of these guys can tell you some back roads if staying in Hamburg to bypass traffic.  If you want to have fun in the morning, you have to experience Hammers lot.  You’ll see a lot of fun.  Hammers is a cool guy.  If you place a Two Bills Drive sign on you’re windshield, you’ll most likely get in the lot.  I would get there by 8:30 am.  Don’t worry if you’re boys are a little younger as Hammers keeps people in check.  Besides if you have a few pops in the am, and remain dry throughout the game, you should be ok to drive, but know there are a ton of police around there.

youll have a blast, and would definitely go to Hammers after for the 4pm game as again it’s fun.  You can always Uber as well to be safe.

anyway, have fun and wish we could be there.  Go Bills!

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, billfith said:

I am stoked, feel like a little kid around Christmas time !!!!!!

I hope your parents didn’t forget the batteries for your most anticipated toy!  It would be nice if we don’t throw 5 picks in the first half, too. 

What's your budget? That determines everything. Personally, I would stay in East Aurora at the Roycroft, or at the Hampton Inn. Probably way too late to get either, but that is the way to go.

Downtown is awesome as well, but September is major hotel season in Buffalo.

Hotel Henry is one of the best places in the country.