Bud Light "Victory Fridges" in Cleveland

17 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Those commenting on the old beer....the article I read also stated that they will be rotating out the beers once a month for as long as it takes.

But it was just funny to think about.  I pictured when it did unlock they had to use some WD-40 on the hinges to open the door and when the bottles opened up little dust clouds poofed up out of them.  I had a roommate in college that was a Browns fan and it's like looking in the mirror as a Buffalo fan.  Each year goes in with such optimism just to get their heads beat into the ground through the season.  Like this year with Tyrod they are seriously thinking they're playoff contenders.  I can't wait for the first "Tyrod Sack" on a 3rd and 6 from the opponents 32 that knocks them out of field goal range.

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

What is funny is all the bashing of Bud Light but it still sells well.

Popularity isn't necessarily a sign of quality. Case in point: The Kardashians are still on TV.

Light beer is like sex in a boat; it's ****ing close to water.

Edited by WhoTom

21 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Months old beer.

Awesome.

I realize your comment is more about how long it'll take the Browns to win a game, but I wanted to clear up a misconception about beer and freshness.

Beer isn't like milk. When properly stored (cool and not exposed to light), beer lasts for years without losing quality. The whole "born on dating" and "freshness" thing was just a gimmick.

22 hours ago, prissythecat said:

How many times should we expect these fridges to open this season :)

Either zero or once.

They are only doing it for the first win of the season.

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I realize your comment is more about how long it'll take the Browns to win a game, but I wanted to clear up a misconception about beer and freshness.

Beer isn't like milk. When properly stored (cool and not exposed to light), beer lasts for years without losing quality. The whole "born on dating" and "freshness" thing was just a gimmick.

Indeed.  When you can't sell your product with quality, you lean on the marketing department to sell it with invented bull ****.

No industry is more guilty of this than the shaving/razor industry.  2 blades!  3! 4! It pivots!  It has a lubricating strip! 

Wheat they should be telling you is to buy an old fashioned safety razor, some good razor blades (Feather from Japan are among the best), a good brush, a good bar of shaving soap, and learn to shave properly.

I.E., use technology from the 1930s.  

Instead Gillete, etc., keep trying to re-invent the razor every 6 months.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, WhoTom said:

My post was about both because I honestly thought beer does lose quality over time. 

This is the first link to come up in a Google search: http://berghoffbeer.com/blog/does-beer-expire/

That could certainly be wrong, too. 

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It's funny until you try to open one after spending money on it.  It's in this little foil bag and it won't open.

You should have your mom write to whoever runs the Kraft Foods company and to lodge a complaint about that.