Breaking Down Wyatt Teller's 2nd Quarter (GIFs Included)

Bocephuz

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:
BUF.svg
Round 5 • Pick 29 (166)

Teller has his limitations and put up some inconsistent film last year, but the 2016 version is starter-caliber in this league. He can have an immediate impact on the Bills' run game if he's needed in the lineup this season. --Mark Dulgerian

Hope he works out. Kid was the 11th Guard taken. It would be a heck of a steal  and one of the many spells Beane "The Witch" has cast on this team.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I'm very optimistic about Zay Jones. It's agreed that last year was less than mediocre. He was hurt all year and without a doubt he struggled. His offseason was troubling with his erratic behavior. But from what has been reported by WGR (Cappacio) now that he is healthy he is playing well and is solidifying his position on his unit. His college production was too high for his first year to represent what he is capable. of. 

I'm far from being one of the kool-aid drinkers in this forum. If Zay comes around (your skepticism is understandable) in my view the top three players in each draft year do represent a productive draft.  Is it too early to give a definitive judgment? Yes. But putting aside the Zay question it is not unfair to believe that the other players will be productive. Of the top three players in each draft which of them are you happy with? 

Let me just say this. I am pleased with this years draft on a couple levels.
some bark about Allen. imo he was want they figured would work and took the risk.
We all knew once Preston Brown was gone Bills would upgrade. WIP with high ceiling.
I have some favorites.

last years draft was  a transitional kind of thing. McD went with what he knew i suppose.

By the way, John.  am rarely happy. But i do remain hopeful ( not that Hopeful )
if i counter with a negative ? it is purely for discussions sake

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

When we drafted him I said it was a steal and he would be a future starter for us

all acc and has a great mean streak.. he is gonna be good with time 

can i trust you on this matter ? I think would all like to  : )

6 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s rare when an OG stands out and it’s a good thing. I forget the details, but apparently some felt his play slipped his senior year (and maybe some disagreed?) and there was talk of him not getting along with the coaching staff his final year. I have no idea what’s true or what really happened, but if he dropped for some crazy reason, I’m cool with that! 

Here are some comments he had addressing his perceived drop-off from junior to senior year

https://buffalonews.com/2018/04/28/bills-select-virginia-tech-g-wyatt-teller-in-fifth-round/

"You've got to take everything with a grain of salt. In 2016, I was told I was too penalized. I was too this, I was too that," he said. "But then everybody goes, oh no, we loved 2016. ... The biggest thing with me in 2017 is I wanted to cut down on penalties. I had to talked to my coaches and I wanted to be the best team player I could be. That led to being a little bit less aggressive.

"There were times where instead of getting a penalty or trying to embarrass a kid, I would hold it back a little bit and hit technically and fundamentally. Sometimes people said, 'we want to see that aggression.' ... It's all a work in progress. You've got to work on one thing and get better at it and keep that aggression."

Another interesting article on how he worked to manage ADHD relative to his football career

https://www.roanoke.com/hokies/former-tech-lineman-teller-talks-about-struggles-with-adhd/article_9d2fd0f6-b345-59de-9756-bd9055d47bf6.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s rare when an OG stands out and it’s a good thing. I forget the details, but apparently some felt his play slipped his senior year (and maybe some disagreed?) and there was talk of him not getting along with the coaching staff his final year. I have no idea what’s true or what really happened, but if he dropped for some crazy reason, I’m cool with that! 

...just a wild hunch that this OL is going to be surprisingly better than most originally thought....stay tuned...........

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

Here are some comments he had addressing his perceived drop-off from junior to senior year

https://buffalonews.com/2018/04/28/bills-select-virginia-tech-g-wyatt-teller-in-fifth-round/

Another interesting article on how he worked to manage ADHD relative to his football career

https://www.roanoke.com/hokies/former-tech-lineman-teller-talks-about-struggles-with-adhd/article_9d2fd0f6-b345-59de-9756-bd9055d47bf6.html

There you go.Thanks. PFF had him as the 53rd best prospect in the draft. He looks more like that than a 5th rounder so far. Let’s hope this continues! 

18 hours ago, Bocephuz said:

My breakdown of Wyatt Teller 2nd quarter Car film

https://buildingherd.com/2018/08/14/breaking-down-rookie-lg-wyatt-tellers-2nd-quarter-preseason-vs-carolina-gifs-included/

- summary:  - Based on this performance he should get some reps with the ones sooner rather than later

Anyone else have an opinion on Teller?

Glad to see this. I saw a couple of plays in the game where he looked very good, but nice to see a complete analysis.  

Teller was a guy I came across in Virgil's TSW 3-round mock draft (the second one). I wanted to take him in R3 for the Vikings, but I was a little gun shy since it might've been too early. I think I posted his highlights in that thread.  I was excited to see the Bills take him in R5.  He hasn't disappointed.

21 hours ago, BBills88 said:

I agree. I hope he beats out Vlad

1000% agree - Ducasse has no business as a starter on an NFL roster. He physically fills a space, sure, but otherwise cannot see how this man still has a starting position in the NFL...