Breaking Down Wyatt Teller's 2nd Quarter (GIFs Included)

Bocephuz

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

What was your opinion on DeBeer performance? Although it was against 3rd string, he seemed to stonewall all pass rushers he faced.

i didn’t watch DeBeer specifically.. maybe if i rewatch again ill keep an eye on him

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I noticed him at one of the early TC sessions. Initially, I didn’t even know his #, but I kept noticing 75 out there just destroying defensive linemen/linebackers.  He’s just a big meanie.  Actually reminds me of Ritchie Incognito...

Edit: Wanted to add that Wyatt was a super nice and funny guy as he made the rounds signing autographs and chatting with fans for about 45 minutes after practice.  Even gave away his gloves, and climbed into the stands to sign and take a pic with a disabled man.  I wish him the best.

Thanks Johnny ! That sure is nice to hear. I dig that crap actually.
 Good to hear also is how he plays. Great to read your opinions from camp.
75 got it ! Will be watching for him. Were they moving him around at all ?

It’s rare when an OG stands out and it’s a good thing. I forget the details, but apparently some felt his play slipped his senior year (and maybe some disagreed?) and there was talk of him not getting along with the coaching staff his final year. I have no idea what’s true or what really happened, but if he dropped for some crazy reason, I’m cool with that! 

39 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's still early in assessing players but if Teller becomes the type of player that he is showing at this early stage then you have to look at this draft as a high yield draft. And if Zay Jones makes a dramatic turn upwards as he seems to be doing then combined the past two drafts look very promising for this regime. 

lets not get all silly now.

: )

the underlined has me questioning your kool aid recipe.  : )  Dramatic IS the correct adjective though !

Looking forward to watching these youngsters develop. Harrison Phillips is a guy I wish to keep an eye on on the Other side of the ball !

Edited by 3rdand12

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thanks Johnny ! That sure is nice to hear. I dig that crap actually.
 Good to hear also is how he plays. Great to read your opinions from camp.
75 got it ! Will be watching for him. Were they moving him around at all ?

He was playing exclusively at RG early in camp, but has been getting more reps at LG as of late.  Perhaps Ducasse has some competition?

Few thing make me giddier than watching nasty O-linemen at work.  Let's hope it's the start of many good days for him in Buffalo.

My brother follows VA Tech (and is admittedly a homer), but thought this guy was a great pick in the 5th.

Can he play RG as well? Maybe he is first man up if either G goes down to start the season, or just beat out Vlad and start.

Seeing Groy probably takes over starting C. He was the first man up.

Edited by snamsnoops

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s rare when an OG stands out and it’s a good thing. I forget the details, but apparently some felt his play slipped his senior year (and maybe some disagreed?) and there was talk of him not getting along with the coaching staff his final year. I have no idea what’s true or what really happened, but if he dropped for some crazy reason, I’m cool with that! 

He had a slow start to season reportedly due to coaching change in 2016.

Checked wikipedia, often wrong, and it reports no change in coaches between 2016 and 2017.

Maybe he was still dealing with it in 2017 but not enough to replace him.

He did play OT before he was moved inside.  He seems smart enough.  Maybe he can play swing OG and OT. 

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

This kid could end up being the steal of the draft....between Allen, Edmunds, Harry, and Wyatt this could also have the potential to be the greatest draft in franchise history...Time will tell 

I love this draft but want to remind you of the draft where the Bills selected:

Bruce Smith - HOF

Andre Reed - HOF

Frank Reich - 4 Super Bowls,greatest comeback in NFL history

just a reminder

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I love this draft but want to remind you of the draft where the Bills selected:

Bruce Smith - HOF

Andre Reed - HOF

Frank Reich - 4 Super Bowls,greatest comeback in NFL history

just a reminder

Allen

Edmunds

Phillips

Teller?

We have more potential than I can remember

I've always been unapologetic about my fandom, but I loved this draft from day 1, hopefully I’m right

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Checked wikipedia, often wrong, and it reports no change in coaches between 2016 and 2017.

He did play OT before he was moved inside.  He seems smart enough.  Maybe he can play swing OG and OT. 

BUF.svg
Round 5 • Pick 29 (166)

Teller has his limitations and put up some inconsistent film last year, but the 2016 version is starter-caliber in this league. He can have an immediate impact on the Bills' run game if he's needed in the lineup this season. --Mark Dulgerian

Hope he works out. Kid was the 11th Guard taken. It would be a heck of a steal  and one of the many spells Beane "The Witch" has cast on this team.
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

lets not get all silly now.

: )

the underlined has me questioning your kool aid recipe.  : )  Dramatic IS the correct adjective though !

Looking forward to watching these youngsters develop. Harrison Phillips is a guy I wish to keep an eye on on the Other side of the ball !

I'm very optimistic about Zay Jones. It's agreed that last year was less than mediocre. He was hurt all year and without a doubt he struggled. His offseason was troubling with his erratic behavior. But from what has been reported by WGR (Cappacio) now that he is healthy he is playing well and is solidifying his position on his unit. His college production was too high for his first year to represent what he is capable. of. 

I'm far from being one of the kool-aid drinkers in this forum. If Zay comes around (your skepticism is understandable) in my view the top three players in each draft year do represent a productive draft.  Is it too early to give a definitive judgment? Yes. But putting aside the Zay question it is not unfair to believe that the other players will be productive. Of the top three players in each draft which of them are you happy with? 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

So....still vague. As I recall, someone here followed the program and said........something about what happened. Regardless, I am very encouraged. 

Wyatt got in the doghouse a bit....committed some dumb penalties.....had to figure out how to be aggressive without going overboard.  I know he had a tendency to hold at times. He got his head on straight and worked those things out.  Good kid, hard worker...nice guy off the field.