Breaking Down Wyatt Teller's 2nd Quarter (GIFs Included)

Bocephuz

3 minutes ago, Bocephuz said:

My breakdown of Wyatt Teller 2nd quarter Car film

https://buildingherd.com/2018/08/14/breaking-down-rookie-lg-wyatt-tellers-2nd-quarter-preseason-vs-carolina-gifs-included/

- summary:  - Based on this performance he should get some reps with the ones sooner rather than later

Anyone else have an opinion on Teller?

I agree. I hope he beats out Vlad

I noticed him at one of the early TC sessions. Initially, I didn’t even know his #, but I kept noticing 75 out there just destroying defensive linemen/linebackers.  He’s just a big meanie.  Actually reminds me of Ritchie Incognito...

Edit: Wanted to add that Wyatt was a super nice and funny guy as he made the rounds signing autographs and chatting with fans for about 45 minutes after practice.  Even gave away his gloves, and climbed into the stands to sign and take a pic with a disabled man.  I wish him the best.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Like (+1) 12

32 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I noticed him at one of the early TC sessions. Initially, I didn’t even know his #, but I kept noticing 75 out there just destroying defensive linemen/linebackers.  He’s just a big meanie.  Actually reminds me of Ritchie Incognito...

Edit: Wanted to add that Wyatt was a super nice and funny guy as he made the rounds signing autographs and chatting with fans for about 45 minutes after practice.  Even gave away his gloves, and climbed into the stands to sign and take a pic with a disabled man.  I wish him the best.

good to know he is a cool guy as well. After watching his tape he was blowing up guys left and right... he definitely has a Richie kind of edge to his game.

Here's one of the GIFs from my article showing him knocking a DE on his ass

rrl7qBO.gif

Edited by Bocephuz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bocephuz said:

good to know he is a cool guy as well. After watching his tape he was blowing up guys left and right... he definitely has a Richie kind of edge to his game.

Here's one of the GIFs from my article showing him throwing a guy on his ass

rrl7qBO.gif

Heck of a block, but I think his teammate kicked his leg, amd tripped him up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HardyBoy said:

Heck of a block, but I think his teammate kicked his leg, amd tripped him up.

Definately tripped.  I zoomed in on that gif and he was clearly tripped.  In all fairness, it was still a solid block that stood his man up.

59 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My buddy that happens to be a VT alum says Teller has a mean streak like incognito on the field, but is a teddy bear off of it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I kept saying in the GDT that Teller was smacking people around 

Looks like a more detailed review confirmed that he was as good as it seemed 

It's still early in assessing players but if Teller becomes the type of player that he is showing at this early stage then you have to look at this draft as a high yield draft. And if Zay Jones makes a dramatic turn upwards as he seems to be doing then combined the past two drafts look very promising for this regime. 

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I kept saying in the GDT that Teller was smacking people around 

Looks like a more detailed review confirmed that he was as good as it seemed 

he was borderline dominant.. deserves reps against ones no doubt 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Bocephuz said:

Here's one of the GIFs from my article showing him knocking a DE on his ass

rrl7qBO.gif

Outstanding! Right after knocking the first guy on his keister he’s looking for more 

There's a school of thought that you should take a QB in every draft.  Maybe so.  But I also think you should try to find a Pro Bowl interior lineman (offensive or defensive) in every draft as well - those guys slip into the later rounds every year and no GM has ever been fired for building up the trenches.  That's where games are won and lost in December.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2

I couldn’t believe I was noticing the guard play from a backup or at all really. The only time that has happened recently is Incogneto for me. Definitely never had Vlad or Miller stand out in a good way. Teller is a stud 

1 hour ago, Bocephuz said:

My breakdown of Wyatt Teller 2nd quarter Car film

https://buildingherd.com/2018/08/14/breaking-down-rookie-lg-wyatt-tellers-2nd-quarter-preseason-vs-carolina-gifs-included/

- summary:  - Based on this performance he should get some reps with the ones sooner rather than later

Anyone else have an opinion on Teller?

He's a Sons of Anarchy legacy. :ph34r: 

He should play tough.

11 minutes ago, Bills757 said:

14 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Good read. THX.

9 minutes ago, SJDK said:

I couldn’t believe I was noticing the guard play from a backup or at all really. The only time that has happened recently is Incogneto for me. Definitely never had Vlad or Miller stand out in a good way. Teller is a stud 

It was definitely an impressive debut.. hopefully he can build on it