Bills @ Jets - Nov 11 2018

cr02pica

3 minutes ago, cr02pica said:

Anyone going to this game? Does anyone know of any Bills tailgates at MetLife?

Last year, the tailgate was next to the Izod Center and it was mammoth. 

I'm a "highly possible," for this year, too.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Was that the NYC Backers tailgate? Do you know if they do that every year?

15 minutes ago, cr02pica said:

Yes, that was the one.  I'm sure they do it every year; just not sure if it's the same location.  There were multiple Bills Backers clubs there, as well as the Red Pinto gang.  That tailgate was probably more fun than any tailgate I've ever attended in Buffalo, to tell you the truth.

19 hours ago, cr02pica said:

Yes they do it every year.  Wait until closer to game time for final details.  There's been massive construction around IZOD & parking lots there, and there's a chance the tailgate location may change.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:56 PM, Gugny said:

Surprised by this, considering the rough time you had last year with the arseholes at the game.

Was the experience sans opposing fans that good?  It looks like a fun venue. 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Surprised by this, considering the rough time you had last year with the arseholes at the game.

Was the experience sans opposing fans that good?  It looks like a fun venue. 

I was speaking specifically about the tailgate.  The mood was electric and the people were incredibly friendly. 

I didn't really have a rough time at the game.  It was one punk ass kid and he was just being annoying.

I didn't particularly care for the stadium itself, really.  Pretty unimpressive.  The electronic displays that go around the circumference of the stadium were hard to read and I had a hard time seeing down/yards to go.  Other than the one punk, the fans were fine.  The worst part of the game was the Bills getting their asses handed to them for 60 full minutes of football.

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was speaking specifically about the tailgate.  The mood was electric and the people were incredibly friendly. 

I didn't really have a rough time at the game.  It was one punk ass kid and he was just being annoying.

I didn't particularly care for the stadium itself, really.  Pretty unimpressive.  The electronic displays that go around the circumference of the stadium were hard to read and I had a hard time seeing down/yards to go.  Other than the one punk, the fans were fine.  The worst part of the game was the Bills getting their asses handed to them for 60 full minutes of football.

I remember you being upset and being moved to a different location by security after complaints and being harassed by security. 

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I remember you being upset and being moved to a different location by security after complaints and being harassed by security. 

I was never upset about it.  I was relocated by security because I took the punk's hat off of his head and took it back to my seat.  They didn't harass me; they did their job.  They could have easily kicked me out, but they didn't. 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was never upset about it.  I was relocated by security because I took the punk's hat off of his head and took it back to my seat.  They didn't harass me; they did their job.  They could have easily kicked me out, but they didn't. 

but they did send you on a forced 17 mile hike with full pack?

26 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

but they did send you on a forced 17 mile hike with full pack?

A week after having major surgery, to boot?????  No ... someone else did that to me.

@CountryCletus

I'm giving this serious consideration.  Sat in the lower bowl last year right on the goal line.  Like Gugny, I wasn't impressed by the stadium.  Had a good time in my section, aside from the awful showing by the Bills, but that's probably because most people lay down serious coin to sit in that lower bowl and aren't your average Jersey shore GTL bros and their dumpy girlfriends.

Edited by LeviF91

19 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

I'm giving this serious consideration.  Sat in the lower bowl last year right on the goal line.  Like Gugny, I wasn't impressed by the stadium.  Had a good time in my section, aside from the awful showing by the Bills, but that's probably because most people lay down serious coin to sit in that lower bowl and aren't your average Jersey shore GTL bros and their dumpy girlfriends.

Dude do it. We need to have a beer 

On 8/15/2018 at 4:52 PM, joesixpack said:

Seeing as it's about a 1.5 hour trip to the Meadowlands for me, giving this one SERIOUS consideration.

On 8/15/2018 at 8:56 PM, Just Jack said:

If I come, should I bring anything? Potato salad maybe? Anyone got a car hood I can put it on?

Is it a coincidence that the last time Joe attended a game was for the pasta salad episode?

Just now, joesixpack said:

That happened in Orchard Park, not the Meadowlands. The last time I was at the Meadowlands, Drew Bledsoe was the QB.

Holy cow is your memory shot.  It was 100% Meadowlands.