Do the Bills need a sacrificial lamb QB for preseason game 4?

16 hours ago, JaxBills said:

I saw it.   It having happen doesn't make it smart.  Especially if said lamb is playing with anyone making the team.

Yeah, I think you're missing the point of the 4th preseason game.  Most of the guys playing aren't making the team.  And even if the QB is a "sacrificial lamb" he's still a guy who has played college (and perhaps pro) football -- there is no "danger" present.  You're overreacting.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Too bad the cuts all happen at once this year, or I'd say pick up some Ravens castoff, ala the great Jordan Palmer. Who as @BringBackFergy can tell you, threw a mean spiral at practice.

I remember reading that GMs and coaches liked delaying the cuts til the end of preseason but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Sure they have longer to evaluate who's already on their roster but with the cuts on that Saturday, if they need players to fill slots, they have a week to identify players cut by other teams, get them signed and ready for the 1st game.  It isn't likely to affect any team's starters but backups and special teams players.  Maybe there just won't be much movement at that point, especially since most guys playing the 4th game aren't making the team anyways.  It could mainly be the moves to fill practice squads.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Since you brought it up, can we nominate you? Do you have other plans? 

Well, I am a cripple, but count me in.

39 minutes ago, vincec said:

I think you mean "perpetuated," although "perpetrated" is pretty good too. ?

Consider the source.

20 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They should make it a contest sponsored by the team - let the winning fan play QB for the 4th preseason game.

I like it. Let’s be honest, plenty of our QB play the last 18 years has been radio contest-winner level of quality at best. You can’t tell me Brian Brohm had any other qualifications besides being caller number 8. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

Yeah, I think you're missing the point of the 4th preseason game.  Most of the guys playing aren't making the team.  And even if the QB is a "sacrificial lamb" he's still a guy who has played college (and perhaps pro) football -- there is no "danger" present.  You're overreacting.

We have 3 QBs on the team.  We WILL have guys still trying to make the team, to say otherwise is just wierd.  And to my original point, football is dangerous.  To just throw a guy out there is scary.  Do we teach him our plays for one game?  What if we're still working out depth WRs?  I don't believe I'm "overreacting" .  I just don't think we're good enough to forgo any form of practice or evaluations.  Esplecialy since turn over still happens the first week of the season.

I've been here for years, we've had discorse about the value of the fourth game plenty.  I believe that is a valid discussion, but when did we become so good WE don't need it?  I'm not the one who calls said guy a "sacrificial lamb".  But that in itself shows the OP knew what  he was saying.  But now nobody wants to talk about that.

5 hours ago, vincec said:

I think you mean "perpetuated," although "perpetrated" is pretty good too. ?

For what it's worth, I never said any one was an idiot.  But, I was called dumb.  It's odd to me that a different view was called dumb by a guy trying falling on his sword. But that the world we live in.  

13 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

We have 3 QBs on the team.  We WILL have guys still trying to make the team, to say otherwise is just wierd.  And to my original point, football is dangerous.  To just throw a guy out there is scary.  Do we teach him our plays for one game?  What if we're still working out depth WRs?  I don't believe I'm "overreacting" .  I just don't think we're good enough to forgo any form of practice or evaluations.  Esplecialy since turn over still happens the first week of the season.

I've been here for years, we've had discorse about the value of the fourth game plenty.  I believe that is a valid discussion, but when did we become so good WE don't need it?  I'm not the one who calls said guy a "sacrificial lamb".  But that in itself shows the OP knew what  he was saying.  But now nobody wants to talk about that.

I find your passion for this topic odd.  But to each his own.

53 minutes ago, eball said:

I find your passion for this topic odd.  But to each his own.

Ok?

You too I guess?  

My view isn't rank and file with others.  I put effort into things I'm passionate about, this conversation is used to fill dead time.  I'm long winded, but I all I'm doing is voiceing my opinion.  If there is something "odd" about that, I guess I'll go find a Bills discussion board..?

And really, back to my original point, it scares me for the guy walking on for one game.

I have a friend who blocked Merriman in college.  More than 10 years later he still has health issues.  He lost a month of memories....  So yeah.  Guess I do have a little bias and passion.  

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Proactive is my middle name.

Your parents didn’t love you, did they? 

14 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Does he have good vision,that's the important thing...

Do you mean “quick eyes”?