Do the Bills need a sacrificial lamb QB for preseason game 4?

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I will say, CC, if we had only two QBs I would definitely bring someone in.  However, if you have a guy that is your for sure number 3 then he should get the time in as he is likely to see little, if any time, during the regular season.

I can agree with that.

I believe a good coaching staff would have enough for site to not have to bring someone off the street to play with guys who ARE going to make the team.

Edited by JaxBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaxBills said:

Huh?  It's getting kinda pathetic listening to fans about pre season. 

We have three QBs on the team..... And we're talking about bringing  one in for one game?  Really?  Who would even do that?  

One game.

No practice.

No pay.

VERY dangerous for the idiot who would do that.

Boxing has rules to prevent idiots from doing the same thing, for there own saftey.

As mentioned earlier, it gets you exposure for scouts. The more exposure for those guys the better. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

As mentioned earlier, it gets you exposure for scouts. The more exposure for those guys the better. 

If the guy wasn't in any camp already.......never mind.  Simms was in camp all year.... Who did he play for last year?

Problem two to me is leaving your defensive players on the field all game to protect a QB who isn't going to play this year.

Edited by JaxBills

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I will say, CC, if we had only two QBs I would definitely bring someone in.  However, if you have a guy that is your for sure number 3 then he should get the time in as he is likely to see little, if any time, during the regular season.

Well, typically I’d agree with you, but I expect Allen to stay at 3 and learn. Still doesn’t mean the coaches couldn’t consider sacrificing the loser between McC and P-man.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Well, typically I’d agree with you, but I expect Allen to stay at 3 and learn. Still doesn’t mean the coaches couldn’t consider sacrificing the loser between McC and P-man.

Exactly. Our whole future is built around Allen's potential. Why throw him to the wolves if we're in no hurry to start him and risk injury. I truly feel that EJ Manuel would have panned out if St. Doug didn't rush him.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Allen was a top ten pick.  He is the third QB by name only.

Peterman and Allen will split game four.... And need it in my opinion.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Yes!  They should sign former UB QB Joe Licata to play in Game 4.  Would love to see what he can still do 

Not much lol 

hes a good kid bit but couldn’t even make it in the CFL, let alone a active NFL roster 

He was never re-signed  anywhere after Cinci let him go...

He is coaching football at Bishop Timon

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If Allen hasn't been named the starter then just let him play week 4. The more live reps he gets the better.

I agree

If you are worried about him getting hit, then run a 'run-heavy' offense.  The benefit for him will be to be in game action and make his pre-snap reads. Sure, they may be against 'vanilla' defenses, but it will still be against a team that he doesn't see in practice.

No. Expose McCarron & Peterman the whole game. Allen may move up McDermotts’ dumb depth chart just through attrition, as I don’t see Coach having the testes to start him right off.

Nevermind he was the highest drafted QB in franchise history. It’s the PRICE we paid for that illuminous position. We’re gonna trade Watkins, Dareus, Glenn & Darby for a pine sitter? The season will be a small dot on the teams’ history as neither McC nor Pickpeterman will be here long.  

I’m not advocating for an injury. I want the coach to grow a pair and start the kid and the teams’ future.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

7th round in 2034 for Christian Hackenberg? 

Told you he was trying for the 'Most Jerseys Worn in One Year' award.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Jeff Tuel is now a farmer.

I had to look twice.  I couldn't tell if that was a statement of fact, or an unusual insult.  ("HeyTuel!!  You're a farmer!!!)

• Haha (+1) 1