Do the Bills need a sacrificial lamb QB for preseason game 4?

7 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Huh?  It's getting kinda pathetic listening to fans about pre season. 

We have three QBs on the team..... And we're talking about bringing  one in for one game?  Really?  Who would even do that?  

One game.

No practice.

No pay.

VERY dangerous for the idiot who would do that.

Boxing has rules to prevent idiots from doing the same thing, for there own saftey.

Look three posts above yours.  Just sayin'...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Matt Simms is available and I want to see more of this.

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Huh?  It's getting kinda pathetic listening to fans about pre season. 

We have three QBs on the team..... And we're talking about bringing  one in for one game?  Really?  Who would even do that?  

One game.

No practice.

No pay.

VERY dangerous for the idiot who would do that.

Boxing has rules to prevent idiots from doing the same thing, for there own saftey.

You’d bring him in for the final week, and yes Norman, it’s been done before.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They should make it a contest sponsored by the team - let the winning fan play QB for the 4th preseason game.

I would absolutely sign up for this. I'll gladly take the beating of a lifetime for a one-time chance to QB that franchise. I'm only 40.......I can run a 5K at the drop of a hat.......I have a wildly inaccurate cannon for an arm.....perfect!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You’d bring him in for the final week, and yes Norman, it’s been done before.

Bad ideas happen all the time.  And those bills teams are not really a good litmus test for any kind of success. 

Who's Norman?

Edited by JaxBills

1 hour ago, MikeSpeed said:

Here's a question inside the question... What former Bills QB would you want to be our sacrificial lamb? I pick EJ Manual. His was the first jersey I bought. :wallbash:

Hamndan or whatever his name is ;)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Albert’ dumber brother.

hey, you asked

Who's albert?  Or albert'?

11 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Hamndan or whatever his name is ;)

That guy was on the team for a few years.

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Albert’ dumber brother.

hey, you asked

Btw, while you're trying to call me dumb, were those good coaching staffs that made that decision?  You missed my point to call me "dumb", how about you make your point and not a hot bottle and blanky.

Edited by JaxBills

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Someone brought this up in another thread and I think that it is worth considering. The starters will play little, if at all in the final preseason game. I can’t imagine that Beane or McCoach would be thrilled about putting any of our current QBs out there, especially for quarters 2-4.  You’ll have a QB exposed behind a craptastic line for much of the game.

So, your options are:

Go with the flow and what happens, happens.

Go against the grain and play starters at least the first half in game 4 still exposing a QB to a possible beating in the second half?

Sign a journeyman QB to take the hits.

Or do you think that McC or P-man will be moved for whatever once the starter emerges? This would open up a roster spot for a journeyman QB.

Is there possibly another Simms out there who could take this position of which you speak?

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Sorry, I need to forget about this. According to Jax it’s a dum idea only perpetrated by idiots.  

Well, Simms was on our team through camp last year.  And I did ask for you to make your point instead of calling me dumb.

I enjoy discorse.  A lot. Snowflakes don't handle it very well.

Edited by JaxBills

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Sorry, I need to forget about this. According to Jax it’s a dum idea only perpetrated by idiots.  

I will say, CC, if we had only two QBs I would definitely bring someone in.  However, if you have a guy that is your for sure number 3 then he should get the time in as he is likely to see little, if any time, during the regular season.