Do the Bills need a sacrificial lamb QB for preseason game 4?

50 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Someone brought this up in another thread and I think that it is worth considering. The starters will play little, if at all in the final preseason game. I can’t imagine that Beane or McCoach would be thrilled about putting any of our current QBs out there, especially for quarters 2-4.  You’ll have a QB exposed behind a craptastic line for much of the game.

So, your options are:

Go with the flow and what happens, happens.

Go against the grain and play starters at least the first half in game 4 still exposing a QB to a possible beating in the second half?

Sign a journeyman QB to take the hits.

Or do you think that McC or P-man will be moved for whatever once the starter emerges? This would open up a roster spot for a journeyman QB.

Most likely whoever is 3rd on depth chart will get at least a half, if not 3 quarters.  And that will be NP if you ask me.

I think the Bills will try and showcase which ever QB lost out and hope to trade them for something rather than cut him or risk him on PS.  Again, that will be NP in my opinion as I expect AJM or Allen to emerge as the eventual starter with the other being the back up.

HOWEVER...I do think we will see Allen maybe get a quarter, possibly a full half, regardless where he is on the depth chart.  It’s valuable reps for him, even if he is the starter.  If he’s the starter, I think he gets a quarter to be more cautious.  If he’s named #2 then I think he gets a whole half, and may even be the 2nd half of the game so they can try and get trade value out of the QB they aren’t keeping by letting them play the whole first half.

Last year's 4th Preseason game saw Nate Peterman play the first 2 series.

The rest of the game: 

Buffalo Bills[edit]

On August 28, 2017, Wenning signed with the Buffalo Bills.[23] He played in the Bills' final preseason game on August 31, 2017, going 5 of 15 for 41 yards and no touchdowns or interceptions in a 27-17 victory over the Detroit Lions. [24] He was waived two days later on September 2, 2017.[25]

Huh?  It's getting kinda pathetic listening to fans about pre season. 

We have three QBs on the team..... And we're talking about bringing  one in for one game?  Really?  Who would even do that?  

One game.

No practice.

No pay.

VERY dangerous for the idiot who would do that.

Boxing has rules to prevent idiots from doing the same thing, for there own saftey.