Do the Bills need a sacrificial lamb QB for preseason game 4?

Someone brought this up in another thread and I think that it is worth considering. The starters will play little, if at all in the final preseason game. I can’t imagine that Beane or McCoach would be thrilled about putting any of our current QBs out there, especially for quarters 2-4.  You’ll have a QB exposed behind a craptastic line for much of the game.

So, your options are:

Go with the flow and what happens, happens.

Go against the grain and play starters at least the first half in game 4 still exposing a QB to a possible beating in the second half?

Sign a journeyman QB to take the hits.

Or do you think that McC or P-man will be moved for whatever once the starter emerges? This would open up a roster spot for a journeyman QB.

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Someone brought this up in another thread and I think that it is worth considering. The starters will play little, if at all in the final preseason game. I can’t imagine that Beane or McCoach would be thrilled about putting any of our current QBs out there, especially for quarters 2-4.  You’ll have a QB exposed behind a craptastic line for much of the game.

So, your options are:

Go with the flow and what happens, happens.

Go against the grain and play starters at least the first half in game 4 still exposing a QB to a possible beating in the second half?

Sign a journeyman QB to take the hits.

Or do you think that McC or P-man will be moved for whatever once the starter emerges? This would open up a roster spot for a journeyman QB.

Allen should start with the 2s and then have the loser of AJM/NP play the rest.

Bills could also work heavy on the run game limiting exposure to hits.

Beat me to the punch Vader and Bangarang.

Edited by ColoradoBills

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They should make it a contest sponsored by the team - let the winning fan play QB for the 4th preseason game.

More like the losing fan.

You could wind up in traction for the whole season ;)

7 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

More like the losing fan.

You could wind up in traction for the whole season ;)

And that would assume you did well in the game.

Most fans would just get killed.

To the OP's thought: I don't see us signing anyone just to play QB in PS game 4.  We will use what we have on the roster now.

The only problem is that the coaching staff will need to decide the last couple roster spots at WR, and will still be evaluating that position during game four. It's hard to evaluate if you don't have a QB that can get them the ball. 

On the other hand, though, wasn't there a UDFA QB at rookie camp along with Allen? If they're looking to do this, he'd be the logical choice.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

The only problem is that the coaching staff will need to decide the last couple roster spots at WR, and will still be evaluating that position during game four. It's hard to evaluate if you don't have a QB that can get them the ball. 

On the other hand, though, wasn't there a UDFA QB at rookie camp along with Allen? If they're looking to do this, he'd be the logical choice.

Josh Woodrum is the guy.