Chad Kelly jumps Paxton Lynch on Broncos' depth chart

1 hour ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

On the local radio yesterday the host was saying Chad Kelly won't amount to anything because he was a 7th round pick.  Then he said "There's only one Tom Brady.  There's only one Kurt Warner."
I really wanted to call in and point out that Case Keenum was undrafted.
Just seems like a really weak, lazy argument.

I'm not arguing Chad Kelly will ever have a better moment in his professional career than becoming 2nd string for the Broncos, but it's entirely in the realm of possibility that he ascendancy could continue...

well you have to admit. There's only one Chad Kelly.. so.. you know

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude I can not understand the Bridgewater love. He was the Checkdown king for 2 years before being hurt so bad for the next 2 years. Just because he was a 1st round draft pick on a LOADED Vikings team that wasn't the godawful we expect from rookies.. the same Vikings team that Keenum was able to turn title contenders.. and had 2 good 3000 yard 14 TD seasons merrily checking it down.

He's basically worse than Tyrod in every statistical passing category. And ya know, Tyrod can do that running thing.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

11 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Dude I can not understand the Bridgewater love. He was the Checkdown king for 2 years before being hurt so bad for the next 2 years. Just because he was a 1st round draft pick on a LOADED Vikings team that wasn't the godawful we expect from rookies.. the same Vikings team that Keenum was able to turn title contenders.. and had 2 good 3000 yard 14 TD seasons merrily checking it down.

we are the hardest on our QBs, took about 6 minutes after TT threw a 2nd 80-yard bomb in a game before griping about the D not getting a rest....

Edited by row_33

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I'm just bustin your balls because you brought the subject back up.    The thing is a lot of people in NFL personnel departments liked both Shaq and Lynch enough that neither would have made it far into the second round.  They were both projections based on hope rather than what they'd proven on tape...... in a weaker draft.   It's just that Lynch was a very raw unknown with top end physical traits at the most important position in pro sports and the other was merely a complementary talent at a position where you ideally want two #1 quality players because it's THAT important.    To me........that kind of draft is the ideal time to be taking shots on high ceilings because there isn't that much to lose in a weak draft.   The Bills played not to lose in that draft and subsequently failed to win.  

But they wouldn't have won with Lynch because he might have had all the physical traits in the world but he couldn't play. 

Like I say... if you wanna say they should have ignored what others thought about the injury and rolled the dice on Mack I am totally with you. If you want to say that is the exact draft to take a shot on a Quarterback I can get with that too. Just not THAT Quarterback. His failure was to me entirely predictable. I would love to sit in a room with whoever decided to take him in the 1st in Denver and let them talk me through what they saw. It would be an interesting experience. I didn't see anything worth clinging to. 

You are never going to get me to say taking a shot on Lynch was a better pick. There were better picks than Shaq - obviously. He wasn't one. That to me is like buying a lottery ticket for a lottery that happened the day before and knowing that the ticket you have bought has zero of the correct numbers on it. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

we are the hardest on our QBs, took about 6 minutes after TT threw a 2nd 80-yard bomb in a game before griping about the D not getting a rest....

Was looking at their stats compared. Tyrod really did have a great 2015. Like.. best Quarterback season since Drew Bledsoe? 99 passer rating Jim Kelly only beat that once. Blasphemous I know. I know Jim is better everybody pls don't kill me

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Was looking at their stats compared. Tyrod really did have a great 2015. Like.. best Quarterback season since Drew Bledsoe? 99 passer rating Jim Kelly only beat that once. Blasphemous I know. I know Jim is better everybody pls don't kill me

I don't know how many times it needs to be stated, but it was a completely different game when Kelly played.  It's like comparing Kelly's stats to Jack Kemp's.

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I don't know how many times it needs to be stated, but it was a completely different game when Kelly played.  It's like comparing Kelly's stats to Jack Kemp's.

I know.. twas why I put a disclosure at the end lol. Just think Tyrod had a damn good 2015

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

But they wouldn't have won with Lynch because he might have had all the physical traits in the world but he couldn't play. 

Like I say... if you wanna say they should have ignored what others thought about the injury and rolled the dice on Mack I am totally with you. If you want to say that is the exact draft to take a shot on a Quarterback I can get with that too. Just not THAT Quarterback. His failure was to me entirely predictable. I would love to sit in a room with whoever decided to take him in the 1st in Denver and let them talk me through what they saw. It would be an interesting experience. I didn't see anything worth clinging to. 

You are never going to get me to say taking a shot on Lynch was a better pick. There were better picks than Shaq - obviously. He wasn't one. That to me is like buying a lottery ticket for a lottery that happened the day before and knowing that the ticket you have bought has zero of the correct numbers on it. 

So what you are saying is that your eye just couldn't have been wrong on Lynch.......despite that same eye having you totally sold on Shaq as an impact player at a FAR easier position to accurately evaluate than QB.

This is why I bust your balls about it...........it's irrational.........and the fact that it happened in the same draft just 7 picks apart serves as a perfect illustration of my point.

Yeah I was clamoring for Jack......but in retrospect(and unsurprisingly) they should have taken a QB.....Dak Prescott........who I don't love because I'm not a dink-and-dunk QB guy but he's the guy most likely to provide by far the most long term impact among all of the picks taken at #19 or later.   

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So what you are saying is that your eye just couldn't have been wrong on Lynch.......despite that same eye having you totally sold on Shaq as an impact player at a FAR easier position to accurately evaluate than QB.

This is why I bust your balls about it...........it's irrational.........and the fact that it happened in the same draft just 7 picks apart serves as a perfect illustration of my point.

Yeah I was clamoring for Jack......but in retrospect(and unsurprisingly) they should have taken a QB.....Dak Prescott........who I don't love because I'm not a dink-and-dunk QB guy but he's the guy most likely to provide by far the most long term impact among all of the picks taken at #19 or later.   

I liked Dak. Had they taken him I'd have had no problem. He probably isn't highest ceiling guy but I never felt Lynch had a high ceiling either. 

On 8/22/2018 at 2:51 AM, GunnerBill said:

I liked Dak. Had they taken him I'd have had no problem. He probably isn't highest ceiling guy but I never felt Lynch had a high ceiling either. 

You and Badol have both missed the obvious guy that they should have taken at 19 - Tyreek Hill. (just kidding!)

Seriously, from 19 onward (when the Bills picked) that draft SUCKED. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NFL_Draft

Outside of Dak Prescott, Hill, Jordan Howard, and (of course) Jack, no one stands out. It really tells you that it was a bad draft that two teams drafted LBs in the 30s who had serious knee problems. 

Also, to own up to my own mistakes, I was shocked to see how bad Connor Cook was. I thought he was a very good and accurate medium-deep thrower in college (I threw out his completion pct because he tended to make harder, pro-oriented throws at MSU), but boy is he bad.

Edited by dave mcbride

On 8/21/2018 at 7:30 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

just goes to show sometimes you can be 100% right and have all the facts and stats to back you up... and still....

i like the weird and the wild and the wacky angle to spots, thanks!

On 8/21/2018 at 7:38 PM, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

agreed, and I still have to wince when someone born after 1980 tells me Joe Namath was one of the worst ever based on his stats

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

just goes to show sometimes you can be 100% right and have all the facts and stats to back you up... and still....

i like the weird and the wild and the wacky angle to spots, thanks!

Check my qualifying post on the the guy that called me out on that as well. Either read my post that I'm aware it's blasphemy (they're not in the same league duh. Rule change etc. ) Or read the thread before you assume I'm retarded. We've interacted before on this board I'd like to think you'd not interpret my statement to mean something moronic.

Literally just a post saying he had a damn good passer rating. Name dropping Kelly literally entirely changes how your post is perceived.

Ex) karlos Williams had a good season. That rushing offense that year was comparable to some of the offenses KELLY ran.

That name triggers 5 of the exact same posts.. relax when you see the name Kelly lol

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks