Chad Kelly jumps Paxton Lynch on Broncos' depth chart

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Well now you done it Gunner....you made Paxton cry.

I still refuse to buy the argument that the better pick than taking Shaq was to take Paxton Lynch. If someone wants to make the argument that they should have taken Myles Jack I am not going to take issue with them... there are other guys who went later (including Deion Jones who had I a 1st round grade on) who would have been better selections too. But to take Paxton Lynch just because he was a Quarterback when there were so many freaking red flags about his ability to play in the league.... no. I just can't take that argument. I am all for picking Quarterbacks in the first round, early and often until you find one.  But some years you have to look at those who are there at your pick and just say "no, they're horrible." 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

This has another Tom Brady story written all over it.  Mr. Irrelevant becoming a starter and making the other 31 teams around the league regretting on not taking him in the draft.  I can see it now.  I hope this kid keeps the Kelly legacy alive.

He didn't look particularly good in the preseason game.  Lynch just looks like he's the same guy he was 3 years ago.

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Paxton Lynch is really bad at what he does.

Don't forget he was hyped the as the Bills franchise savior once.... along with dozens of others.... actually that describes every QB in the draft since Kelly retired.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Over the span of 5 months leading up to the 2017 draft, Chad tore an ACL and lateral meniscus in his knee, had his combine invite rescinded in an unprecedented move by the NFL,  and blew out a ligament in his throwing wrist at his "all in" Pro Day.  These were epic setbacks of a Roy Hobbsian scale.  I think getting the label of Mr. Irrelevant began his turnaround.  He embraced the title and made it work for him and his career resurrection.

Seems like he has listened to the good advice he was getting, attacked his rehab, kept his nose in the playbook and the rest of himself out-of-trouble.  Throughout training camp he has been the first on the field and the last to leave.   Broncos fans have noticed.  There is nothing like seeing visions of losing your dream to force a reckoning.   It is a future he has to work for and was no longer entitled to.   Working his way to 2nd team is huge compared to where he was a little over a year ago even if the Broncos decide to bring in another vet QB.  Congratulations to him.  Many in WNY are watching and pulling for him.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

14 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

This has another Tom Brady story written all over it.  Mr. Irrelevant becoming a starter and making the other 31 teams around the league regretting on not taking him in the draft.  I can see it now.  I hope this kid keeps the Kelly legacy alive.

1)  I hope he flames out like the entitled, arrogant ass that he is. So his uncle is Bills icon, so what.

2) If he does succeed we will have to read over and over and over again about why we didnt draft him, we got Peterman 2 rounds earlier instead.

3 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Saw the replay last night. He looked great.

Mind you that's against 3rd and 4th stringers. Im looking forward to seeing how he does with the two's

he was one of the rare recent college QBs who dropped back into pocket in college and could scramble while looking 30+ downfield for a throw.

Remember that time we took Nate Peterman over Chad Kelly?

40 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he was one of the rare recent college QBs who dropped back into pocket in college and could scramble while looking 30+ downfield for a throw.

As a big Ole Miss fan, it made me sick when we took Peterman over Kelly.

Chad did some stupid stuff off the field but on it he is a stud. 

If if it wasn’t for his injuries, he would’ve been an easy first rounder.

He shredded SEC defenses every Saturday for 2 years...including Alabama.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

1)  I hope he flames out like the entitled, arrogant ass that he is. So his uncle is Bills icon, so what.

2) If he does succeed we will have to read over and over and over again about why we didnt draft him, we got Peterman 2 rounds earlier instead.

1)  This is a rather cynical take unless you have personal dealings with him.  Arrogant, self absorbed teenagers do sometimes mature into better people, especially after fate has dealt them a few band hands.  You could make the case that he has behaved pretty well since he entered Ol' Miss.  He may have figured out that he can't behave that way and thrive.  Rebel teammates, coaches and fans seem to have his back.

2) This would have been a horrible place for him to be and try to succeed.  QB politics in Denver have been rough.  Multiply that by 2 if he were here.  He could have a nice career anywhere else but here with no feelings of regret from me.  It may have been a disaster here.  Josh Allen is here so the point is moot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000947660/article/chad-kelly-jumps-paxton-lynch-on-broncos-depth-chart

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but as Bills fans, you've gotta love hearing about the rising stock of Chad Kelly.  I'm not very high on Keenum.  I would absolutely love to see Kelly as the starter before the season ends.

Why would I be excited about the depth chart ascendance of this young person with entitlement, maturity, and intellectual deficiencies? 

Just now, JESSEFEFFER said:

1)  This is a rather cynical take unless you have personal dealings with him.  Arrogant, self absorbed teenagers do sometimes mature into better people, especially after fate has dealt them a few band hands.  You could make the case that he has behaved pretty well since he entered Ol' Miss.  He may have figured out that he can't behave that way and thrive.  Rebel teammates, coaches and fans seem to have his back.

2) This would have been a horrible place for him to be and try to succeed.  QB politics in Denver have been rough.  Multiply that by 2 if he were here.  He could have a nice career anywhere else but here with no feelings of regret from me.  It may have been a disaster here.  Josh Allen is here so the point is moot.

1) Cynical yes, personal dealings with him, no but i heard plenty from a two kids that went to St Joe's with him.  

2) True

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Remember that time we took Nate Peterman over Chad Kelly?

As a big Ole Miss fan, it made me sick when we took Peterman over Kelly.

Chad did some stupid stuff off the field but on it he is a stud. 

If if it wasn’t for his injuries, he would’ve been an easy first rounder.

He shredded SEC defenses every Saturday for 2 years...including Alabama.

i watched a few games when he was in peak shape. geez he looked good out there with an arm and full field of vision

didn't know about the injuries

needs a little smoothing in his mind as well

• Like (+1) 1

Osweiler, Lynch...some GMs are just suckers for big bodies I guess. Lynch simply does not look to have a future in this league. Gives absolutely zero indication that he belongs on an NFL playing field.  I don't know whether and how he will develop but Chad Kelly for sure has a chance. I knew about the injury and his being a head case and all but I had a hard time understanding why he was not drafted much earlier. I saw a fair number of his college games and it always seemed to me that the talent was definitely there. He may turn into a real steal for the Broncos. He will have to after the Lynch fiasco.

There are a number of late round or undrafted youngsters who are looking pretty good so far this preseason - Fales, Kelly, Slotter, that kid who came in after Cam for Carolina.

17 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Yes, Tom Brady is exactly who comes to mind after watching Kelly play one pre-season game against third and fourth team guys.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Funny, but I think I saw one of those running around New Era last Thursday, in the second half, wearing a blue uniform.