Chad Kelly jumps Paxton Lynch on Broncos' depth chart

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000947660/article/chad-kelly-jumps-paxton-lynch-on-broncos-depth-chart

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but as Bills fans, you've gotta love hearing about the rising stock of Chad Kelly.  I'm not very high on Keenum.  I would absolutely love to see Kelly as the starter before the season ends.

Why is Paxton Lynch not talked about more as one of the bigger busts in recent memory? I get that he was picked in the later part of the first round, and I know he went to a small school (Memphis if I remember right) but this guy hasn't even sniffed the field and is now being beaten out by a guy who was picked last. I feel like if this was a buffalo/cleveland/Jax draft pick the media would be bashing the hell out of this pick. 

-In regards to the actual post. Good for Chad, i don't know if this is an endorsement of Chad or shows how bad Paxton Lynch really is.

6 minutes ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Why is Paxton Lynch not talked about more as one of the bigger busts in recent memory? I get that he was picked in the later part of the first round, and I know he went to a small school (Memphis if I remember right) but this guy hasn't even sniffed the field and is now being beaten out by a guy who was picked last. I feel like if this was a buffalo/cleveland/Jax draft pick the media would be bashing the hell out of this pick. 

-In regards to the actual post. Good for Chad, i don't know if this is an endorsement of Chad or shows how bad Paxton Lynch really is.

Because, like EJ, everyone knew it was a reach at the time by a team desperate for a QB

43 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000947660/article/chad-kelly-jumps-paxton-lynch-on-broncos-depth-chart

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but as Bills fans, you've gotta love hearing about the rising stock of Chad Kelly.  I'm not very high on Keenum.  I would absolutely love to see Kelly as the starter before the season ends.

I'm afraid this is less about Kelly and more about how bad Lynch is

24 minutes ago, Jeetz1231 said:

A little bit of both.

Lynch obviously sucks, but Kelly took the job by performing well.

5 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

This has another Tom Brady story written all over it.  Mr. Irrelevant becoming a starter and making the other 31 teams around the league regretting on not taking him in the draft.  I can see it now.  I hope this kid keeps the Kelly legacy alive.

I saw Brady play many times at Michigan, he was way behind the skill levels that Chad displayed in college

of course many other variables come into play to meld to the discipline and toughness required to star in the NFL

Roethlisberger was the only QB i saw in over a decade of college road trips for Big Ten games that was a sure thing, even with his team getting clobbered.

:

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...pretty sad when Broncos fans start a GoFundMe page to buy out his contract................

I am sure if GoFundMe was around BuffaloBarbarian would have started a fund page to trade starting DE for John Skelton.

Fans are very irrational at times.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I'm afraid this is less about Kelly and more about how bad Lynch is

I agree.  I watched the replay of the game.  Lynch's performance was easily the worst one by a QB that I saw among the first preseason games.  One of the Denver announcers said that he hadn't developed at all, but his performance really wasn't even acceptable for a rookie QB much less a third year veteran.  Lynch doesn't seem to have a future even as a backup.

Kelly looked really good, but he followed Lynch which made him look even better.