Bills' Day 15 Practice at SJF Rescheduled for 4 PM - Closed to the Public with Media Coverage

Buffalo Bills training camp day 15: Josh Allen, Corey Coleman moving up (7 observations)

Pittsford, N.Y. -- Things didn't go as planned Tuesday for the Buffalo Bills, but coach Sean McDermott was able to squeeze in a late afternoon practice after getting rained out in the morning.

Rookie quarterback Josh Allen remained with the second-team offense for the second straight day. Nathan Peterman rotated to the first team and A.J. McCarron fell back to third-team reps.

The Bills went through a 90-minute practice, and most of the team drills were run-heavy or meant to work on the short passing game. There were still a few takeaways.

Watch for Josh Allen and Corey Coleman with second team vs. Browns

Marcus Murphy may be passing Travaris Cadet

Taron Johnson seeing more action

Injury updates

Nick O'Leary spot may be in danger

Robert Foster flashes the goods

Rafael Bush continues to work in the big nickel

Joe B: 7 observations from 2018 Buffalo Bills training camp - Day 15

(WKBW) - And here we are again. On the second-to-last day of training camp, the Buffalo Bills had to postpone their 8:45 am practice over seven hours due to an all morning and afternoon rain. Finally, at 4:00 pm, the Bills hit the field in a lighter practice as they continued preparations for the Cleveland Browns. 

And while the Bills didn't follow the way the quarterback rotation seemed to be heading, what they did on Tuesday was an important signal nonetheless.

What stood out at Tuesday's practice? Seven observations from Day 15 of Bills training camp:

1) Josh Allen with the twos again
2) Groy vs. Bodine update
3) A glimpse into life without Charles Clay
4) Rookie Neal getting second-team time by default
5) Undrafted pass rusher continues his push
6) Dawkins playing with confidence
7) Notable change on the top kickoff unit

Day 15 MVP: Dion Dawkins
- The starting left tackle is playing with tons of confidence and had two easy victories in one-on-ones versus Jerry Hughes and Terrence Fede.

Day 15 LVP: TE Nick O'Leary
- The tight end, who is now likely fighting for a roster spot, looked a bit slow in his movement and also dropped a pass. He needs a big preseason.

Up Next: Day 16 -- the last practice -- on Wednesday, August 15 at 8:45 am. It's also Pirate Day.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Leslie Frazier: "We'll get a better feel for the identity of our defense" (18:33)

Bills DC Leslie Frazier joined One Bills Live from training camp to discuss preparing for the second preseason game, what he's seen from rookie LB Tremaine Edmunds, and other positional battles on defense.

Many of Chris Brown's questions are longer than Leslie Frazier's answers. ?

3 quick takeaways from Day 15 of Bills training camp

The Buffalo Bills players and coaching staff were kept on their toes on Tuesday at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford.

Due to weather, the 8:45 a.m. practice was pushed back to 4 p.m. but they still got it in.

With that, here are three takeaways from Day 15 of Bills camp:

Josh 2.0

Croom 2.0

Coleman still coming along slowly… still

4 position battles to watch on the Bills defense right now

Bills defensive coordinator, Leslie Frazier, has been generally pleased with the work his defensive unit has accomplished in this training camp. A lot of the starting roles are locked up at this point, but there are a few that are still there for the taking with three preseason games still on the schedule.

Frazier provided an update on a couple of the position battles and where things stand with a couple of key rookies.

1. DEFENSIVE END
2. WEAKSIDE LINEBACKER
3. NICKEL CORNER
4. BACK-UP MIDDLE LINEBACKER

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I am starting to believe the whole bringing josh Allen along slowly and having him sit a year is a lie. 

Are they really getting him ready for game 1?

Plays well Friday and then starts to get the reps with the ones

OK! :w00t: Then it's on like a mofo starting Friday night. Can't wait.

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

4 position battles to watch on the Bills defense right now

Bills defensive coordinator, Leslie Frazier, has been generally pleased with the work his defensive unit has accomplished in this training camp. A lot of the starting roles are locked up at this point, but there are a few that are still there for the taking with three preseason games still on the schedule.

Frazier provided an update on a couple of the position battles and where things stand with a couple of key rookies.

1. DEFENSIVE END
2. WEAKSIDE LINEBACKER
3. NICKEL CORNER
4. BACK-UP MIDDLE LINEBACKER

I strongly dislike the idea of Matt Milano sitting for Ramon Humber. I really thought Humber was a huge liability last year and Milano was clearly the better player. I can't imagine what they are seeing that is allowing Humber to creep back into the conversation. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I strongly dislike the idea of Matt Milano sitting for Ramon Humber. I really thought Humber was a huge liability last year and Milano was clearly the better player. I can't imagine what they are seeing that is allowing Humber to creep back into the conversation. 

I didn’t see a night/day difference with either guy in there. I don’t find it far fetched that Milano could have taken a step back or Humber improved a big. My worries are at the DB positions.