You Are Probably Pronouncing Tyrod's Name Wrong!

Fadingpain

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Word out of Cleveland training camp is that "Tyrod" is not pronounced like a "TIE ROD" with accent on first syllable, but "ti-ROD" with accent on second syllable.  Kind of how the accent comes at the end when you say "LeSean" as in LeSean McCoy.

le-SEAN.

ty-ROD.

Who knew?

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/08-13-bleacher-reports-mike-tanier-bulldog

I think we have higher expectations for the pronunciation of his name because he's a black QB.  #victim

I think Tyrod is pronouncing his name wrong. Just because some people want to be original, doesn't mean they should get a pass on being stupid. Tyrod ought not be able to make crap up and be deemed correct by the ignorant. GTFO!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=4897846

I am vindicated. I called him Ty-ROD when he first came here. I was mocked. I gradually adopted the majority pronunciation. Why did no one tell me this during the course of the past 3 seasons? Now I have anxiety over whether I should've gone with Car-DELL instead of Car-DALE. (Or maybe CARdle?). Maybe the media guide could help us here ... who's in charge anyway? I blame Brandon. Or Peg-OOLA.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I worked with a guy who spelled his own name wrong, or pronounced it wrong I suppose. Haven’t seen him in years, but was oddly thinking of this just yesterday. His last name was spelled “Ruggiero”, but his family pronounced it as “Ruggerrio”.  When asked about that, he just shrugged. They’ve been doing it wrong for generations. 

I knew a guy like that once. He spelled his last name Favre (Favor?), but pronounced it "Farv". He also sent pictures of his junk to young women despite being married, so I guess it's not too surprising that he misspelled his own last name.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Word out of Cleveland training camp is that "Tyrod" is not pronounced like a "TIE ROD" with accent on first syllable, but "ti-ROD" with accent on second syllable.  Kind of how the accent comes at the end when you say "LeSean" as in LeSean McCoy.

le-SEAN.

ty-ROD.

Who knew?

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/08-13-bleacher-reports-mike-tanier-bulldog

Is this like when nerdy Steve Urkel would go in that invention of his and come out as super cool Ste-PHON Urkel?

15 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

le-SEAN.

ty-ROD.

Who knew?

Whats funny is that when i watched hard knocks the other day the scene in the RV with the 3rd string QB talking about snacks and the beds, he pronounced Tyrod’s name like that and i thought to myself “boy this guy better get his sh*t together if he cant even pronounce his teammates name”

turns out im the idiot. ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nah. Listen to the first 20 seconds. He pronounces it Ty-rod. His agent also pronounced it Ty-rod btw.

Or is this is like when Joe Theisman changed his pronunciation

Maybe not but now I think I've been pronouncing 'ask' wrong this whole time.

• Haha (+1) 1