Anyone Having Trouble Streaming WGR-550 LIVE Online?

Fadingpain

For a few days now when I click on the "listen live" button at wgr550.com on a home computer, the screen for the radio player sort of opens, but all it shows is a spinning circle and nothing ever loads and nothing is played.

I've emptied my cache, reset things, rebooted...and listened to a variety of other online streaming radio stations with no problem.

I'm thinking there is a problem with WGR's website but I don't know.

Anyone else notice this?

• Like (+1) 1

I had some problems today using Chrome, then tried it in Edge & it worked fine.  If you're having problems in Chrome, try a different browser.  I just tried it now & when it was spinning I left clicked on the play radio/stop radio and it stopped spinning & is playing. 

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

I had some problems today using Chrome, then tried it in Edge & it worked fine.  If you're having problems in Chrome, try a different browser.  I just tried it now & when it was spinning I left clicked on the play radio/stop radio and it stopped spinning & is playing. 

Working just fine right now on Chrome. 

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. Bush League operation. 

Nothing to see here..

I have noticed that since Ryan Gates left the station, the segments for the various shows either never get posted in the "recent audio" vault or are posted really late.  

Ryan used to do a nice job of getting that stuff posted usually within 10 minutes of a segment ending. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they have had a website problem that hasn't been resolved for a matter of days.

9 minutes ago, Marv Levy said:

Its been having issues ever since they upgraded the app. WGR should just go back to the old app, it was way better than this pile of dung now. 

But that's a mobile device problem, right?  Like you're trying to access the station on a cell phone?  

I'm using an Apple laptop running Safari, not Chrome.

It always used to work just fine, including after they went to the new "app".

But I first noticed it doesn't work when I was trying to tune into the preseason game.  Still not working several days later.

2 minutes ago, notwoz said:

I almost never listen to them anymore. They offer nothing of interest. 

Not even live broadcasts of Bills games you otherwise can't see? 

As the football season approaches, it would be nice to stream them live, when necessary.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I used to listen every day with the WGR app.  Would hook my phone up to my bluetooth speaker and it was easy as can be.  Now I might get in 20 minutes a week when I am in the car.  They aren't good enough to make it this hard to listen to.  I love sports talk but it's not worth the trouble.

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

As the football season approaches, it would be nice to stream them live, when necessary.

The NFL doesn't allow that.  You can listen to the pre-game and postgame show, but not the actual game, on GR55 streaming.   Oddly, you can listen to Sabres games on GR streaming (though I am sure the NHL has restrictions too), but not Bills games. 

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I used to listen every day with the WGR app.  Would hook my phone up to my bluetooth speaker and it was easy as can be.  Now I might get in 20 minutes a week when I am in the car.  They aren't good enough to make it this hard to listen to.  I love sports talk but it's not worth the trouble.

I agree, the new APP sucks.  Too many ads, breaking in durning the middle of the broadcast. The best way to listen, with no commericals, is to access the archive on either the APP or your comptuer.  Those work alright.

23 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I get DirecTV Sunday Ticket and record the games. If they win I watch. If they lose I delete.