LeSean McCoy Sued by Ex-Girlfriend Delicia Cordon - Now Making Accusations of Being Physically Abused

29 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Most of me is on Shady's side. But, a part of me knows he reaped what he sewed.

Pretty much, yeah.

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Just wanted to pop in to say that this thread is a nuanced palette of assumptions, ignorant comments, victim shaming, and thinly veiled misogyny. Well done, all of you.

I'd say "don't hold back, tell us how you really feel" but I have a hunch I'd better stick with "good job holding back, please don't tell us how you really feel"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That's a good point point doc.

they could seal the settlement and that could raise more questions, but that's all they would probably end up being...questions.

There is no reason to settle.

58 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

ATLANTA (AP) — The Latest on Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy’s eviction proceedings against an ex-girlfriend (all times local):

6:40 p.m.

Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane tells The Associated Press no “legit evidence” has come to light in a lawsuit filed against LeSean McCoy to change the running back’s status as a member of the team.

Beane reiterated what he said at the start of training camp last month by saying he foresees McCoy being in the Bills lineup to start the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That's a good point point doc.

they could seal the settlement and that could raise more questions, but that's all they would probably end up being...questions.

True but you don’t want to leave it up to Goodell to decide it’s an admission of guilt. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

True but you don’t want to leave it up to Goodell to decide it’s an admission of guilt. 

You don’t want to leave it up to Goodell to make any sort of meaningful decision to be completely honest. 

• Like (+1) 2

ATLANTA (AP) — The eviction proceedings that LeSean McCoy filed against his ex-girlfriend have been finalized and she is no longer living in his Atlanta-area home, a lawyer for the Buffalo Bills running back said Tuesday.

McCoy began eviction proceedings in June against Delicia Cordon. Attorneys for McCoy met with Cordon, her attorney and a mediator Tuesday afternoon and then presented an agreement to the Fulton County magistrate judge overseeing the case. McCoy was not present.

Attorney Michael LaScala said in a text message to The Associated Press after the mediation that the eviction is finalized and Cordon is no longer living in the house.

The handwritten agreement signed by the parties and attached to the order closing the case says a sheriff’s deputy will accompany Cordon to the home on Monday to retrieve personal items, including photos, a gold chain with a cross belonging to her son, a Christmas tree and Christmas decorations. Lawyers for both sides will be present.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

ATLANTA (AP) — The eviction proceedings that LeSean McCoy filed against his ex-girlfriend have been finalized and she is no longer living in his Atlanta-area home, a lawyer for the Buffalo Bills running back said Tuesday.

McCoy began eviction proceedings in June against Delicia Cordon. Attorneys for McCoy met with Cordon, her attorney and a mediator Tuesday afternoon and then presented an agreement to the Fulton County magistrate judge overseeing the case. McCoy was not present.

Attorney Michael LaScala said in a text message to The Associated Press after the mediation that the eviction is finalized and Cordon is no longer living in the house.

The handwritten agreement signed by the parties and attached to the order closing the case says a sheriff’s deputy will accompany Cordon to the home on Monday to retrieve personal items, including photos, a gold chain with a cross belonging to her son, a Christmas tree and Christmas decorations. Lawyers for both sides will be present.

I think it’s funny that 50% of the things she actually owned in the house were Christmas decorations. She truly had been living there for months without contributing a single thing.

1 minute ago, fridge said:

I think it’s funny that 50% of the things she actually owned in the house were Christmas decorations. She truly had been living there for months without contributing a single thing.

She already moved most of her things out a few weeks ago when a truck was seen at the home.  I guess there were only a few remaining items. 

6 minutes ago, fridge said:

For the first 6 months of his life, the only thing McCoy contributed to his son was 50% of the poor boy's genetic code...

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

For the first 6 months of his life, the only thing McCoy contributed to his son was 50% of the poor boy's genetic code...

Not so sure where you are going with this, or know enough details to make any kind of assertion.

But who cares, let pointless posts rip.

If you want people to believe your story, you can't keep changing it.  If the attacker indicated he knew McCoy, there is absolutely no way in hell that isn't mentioned out of the gate.

Lawyer: "It's not looking good.  Alright, you mentioned the security system, and asking for jewelry back that he wanted initially.  Think...is there anything else, any little detail...anything else that might link it to McCoy?"

D : "No!  Um...lemmie think...is there anything I'm forg...oh!  The attacker outright said he knew McCoy!  Was that important?"

...this went from a faint whiff of bull **** to a flaming bag of poo on the porch.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

A settlement is is not an admitence of anything.

I think the bottom line is Roger Goodell is like the "where does a 2 ton polar bear sit?" joke where the punchline is "anywhere it wants".

Goodell can basically do anything he wants - until/unless he pushes so hard that the owners revolt.  I *think* suspending a team's only legit bona fide star based on hearsay and allegations, would be pushing the envelope and he knows that.

As Crayola explained in his post, a landloard's "duty of care" does not typically extend to preventing 3rd party criminal activity unless it's predictable in some way.  In the case of this lawsuit, I suppose that she might argue that LeSean's alleged comments that she might get robbed somehow make it predictable, but it's hard to say how - one can be robbed, after all, in Italy or London or on the street etc.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If Beane is now talking to the AP, I think you can assume that whatever hard evidence there is, doesn't point to Shady. The Bills (and probably the NFL) will have been looking into this for themselves, from the get go. If they can't find anything of substance, then the chances of it being a desperate money grab, get a great deal larger.

I'm betting this will be a civil suit eventually, but that Shady will hire some big guns, and the woman trying it on, will be left without a pot to piss in.

1 minute ago, Buddo said:

If Beane is now talking to the AP, I think you can assume that whatever hard evidence there is, doesn't point to Shady. The Bills (and probably the NFL) will have been looking into this for themselves, from the get go. If they can't find anything of substance, then the chances of it being a desperate money grab, get a great deal larger.

I'm betting this will be a civil suit eventually, but that Shady will hire some big guns, and the woman trying it on, will be left without a pot to piss in.

Do you really think so?  At what point?  Just asking...

• Haha (+1) 2