LeSean McCoy Sued by Ex-Girlfriend Delicia Cordon - Now Making Accusations of Being Physically Abused

When this story first broke, I thought that McCoy could have been responsible  The more this unfolds, and the way it is unfolding, the more I think it is a crock and an attempted money grab.

Edited by msw2112

Those "aggressively, physically discipline and beat his young son" allegations are a direct attempt to get Shady in trouble with the NFL (Adrian Peterson, anyone?).  She better have EVIDENCE of these beatings or she's gonna face her own lawsuit.  Wonder what Shady's baby momma has to say about this?

• Like (+1) 2

Wonder if a counter law suit is worth it.

His house, His property, record of trying to get her to leave peacefully, wasn’t anywhere near the crime scene, no evidence he was involved.

Now squatters are entitled to security systems? I’d think he’s have the right to do what he wanted as long as it didn’t cause harm to her....

What a joke, sue people cause you can. Proof or no proof, just sue.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, eball said:

Come on, everyone knew this was coming. Money grab. 

You are such a cynic! This was once true love. Or more likely it was lust. When your loins are on fire the thinking mechanism can get screwed up. :wub:

McCoy's ex sues RB over home invasion, attack

Delicia Cordon, the ex-girlfriend of Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy, filed a personal injury lawsuit Friday against McCoy and his former University of Pittsburgh teammate Tamarcus Porter in connection to a July 10 home invasion in which Cordon was beaten and robbed of jewelry.

No suspects have been named in the criminal investigation of the attack, which took place at an Atlanta-area home owned by McCoy where Cordon was living at the time. A spokesperson for the Fulton County (Ga.) district attorney's office did not immediately respond Monday to a request for comment.

The civil lawsuit, filed in a Fulton County court, alleges that McCoy should be held financially responsible for Cordon's injuries because he had previously changed the security codes to the home and refused to provide them to her. As such, Cordon's suit argues that McCoy "breached his duty to use ordinary care to protect Plaintiff from dangerous activities being conducted at the Residence."

The lawsuit does not directly accuse McCoy or Porter of conducting or ordering the attack against Cordon but argues that McCoy had "actual and constructive knowledge of criminal activity existing on the property on July 10, 2018" because Porter had previously told police he could watch a live feed of security cameras in the house.

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Gonna be hard to prove this.

It's a civil suit. It doesn't have to be proven.

Honestly, I think there is a large amount of denial on this thread. The only way this could be "all about the money," as seems to be the mantra here, is if she had set up the assault herself. That's a stretch. Sure, she's looking for a pay day. But, that's clearly not all that's at play here. This could very well be extremely damaging to Shady, regardless of his guilt, or innocence.

I'm sure everyone knows this, but a civil lawsuit is based on a preponderance of evidence. The allegations do not have to be proven "beyond a reasonable doubt," as they would in a criminal case. She just has to have a more convincing story than him.

• Sad 1

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

It's a civil suit. It doesn't have to be proven.

Honestly, I think there is a large amount of denial on this thread. The only way this could be "all about the money," as seems to be the mantra here, is if she had set up the assault herself. That's a stretch. Sure, she's looking for a pay day. But, that's clearly not all that's at play here. This could very well be extremely damaging to Shady, regardless of his guilt, or innocence.

I'm sure everyone knows this, but a civil lawsuit is based on a preponderance of evidence. The allegations do not have to be proven "beyond a reasonable doubt," as they would in a criminal case. She just has to have a more convincing story than him.

The standard is a preponderance of evidence in civil matters.   With no suspect apprehended, good luck proving or showing that the attacker knew McCoy that will satisfy any burden whether civil or criminal.