David Culley Talks Bills' QB Competition

8 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

A supercilious orifice would tell you to let it play out. It's only been one game.

I agree. McClown just couldn't wait to anoint his D QB with hugs and kisses and ran to him on the very first day of rookie mini camp and personally worked with him. However, he made it very clear to Allen, the team, and the national media that the #7 pick in the draft would start at the bottom of the heap. Such an uninformed clown move.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Um yeah....someone with actual experience coaching QB’s.  The whole “Buffalo can’t get any coaching candidates” narrative is so 2007 and flat out wrong in 2018.  

Also, this is the NFL.   It’s not like coaches post the positions on Indeed.com and review resumes.  The use their connections to solicit candidates that might be a good fit and available.  Culley was hired because McDermott felt he was the right guy.  The jury is very much out of him - we shall see.  

I believe you missed my point.  Was there another QB Coach candidate that the OP wanted to see hired?  If so, please list him/them, and then as you correctly stated, what if any relationship they might have to come and work under Coach McD.

7 hours ago, Lfod said:

McDermott is a genius keeping the rotation between Peterman and AJMcCarron. I think it's for more reasons than just a competition. You get both these guys plenty of reps because there could be a chance you might see both these guys playing games if an injury happens. 

Allen in the competition that is great if they really feel like he can be a contender for the starting role this season. I hope they did thier due diligence in coaching him up to a point they feel that confident he could start this season. 

I want Allen in the competition. It will make him better. He should pick up on the things the other guys do better and adapt it to his game. That's how you win a competition. He can easily win physically with that rocket launcher if he has that mental game down. He can learn from Peterman those quick reads as well.

Allen's just better. Competition is the way to go and if he doesn't start for any reason other than losing comp, ANNOYING. Tired of the "well we might get to see what we have in.. Peterman and AJ. HOW ABOIT WE SEE WHAT WE HAVE IN A GUY PICKED BEFORE THE 3RD ROUND IF WE'RE PLAYONG THAT GAME.

15 minutes ago, tumaro02 said:

I agree. McClown just couldn't wait to anoint his D QB with hugs and kisses and ran to him on the very first day of rookie mini camp and personally worked with him. However, he made it very clear to Allen, the team, and the national media that the #7 pick in the draft would start at the bottom of the heap. Such an uninformed clown move.

What are you babbling about ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, tumaro02 said:

Laughable. So define consistency then. Most likely to take a sack? Most likely to throw laterally rather than downfield? I really want to hear your definition of consistency. Please don't quote accuracy though unless you are one of those guys who value stats like 5/5 30, 0, 0 over 3/5 115, 1,0. You probably prefer the former and call it consistency.

The only thing laughable here is your take on the coach and thinking that he would undermine his own selection that they moved up for in the 1st round, and thinking that he is not 100% in sync with BB on Allen. Allen will get the job as soon as he is consistently able to make all the correct reads and within the scheme and apply them across varied defensive looks, have full control of the huddle and be able to sight adjust to get the offense in good positions vs. defensive adjustments and execute the plays called with enough consistency that his inevitably large YPC will overcome any small discrepancy in completion percentage that the other 2 may have over him (for now). Once he is able to do that, he'll get the gig. AJ and Nate are clearly just placeholders for Josh's job. Coach is executing a plan that he, BB and the other staff agree on for this. Coach, you and I all want Josh in there sooner than later, and doing it this way will also maintain the respect coach has gotten from the other 52 members of the team. He may earn it prior to game 1, he may not. Your weak and odd take on this process somehow being undermined by coach is not shared by others other than possibly the most jaded, paranoid or misinformed Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I believe you missed my point.  Was there another QB Coach candidate that the OP wanted to see hired?  If so, please list him/them, and then as you correctly stated, what if any relationship they might have to come and work under Coach McD.

You are taking some pretty desperate measures to justify an unproven QB coach.   

I don’t follow the NFL close enough to start listing off QB coaching candidates, but I think as a fan it’s reasonable to want a QB coach that actually has a track record coaching QB’s not WR’s.  As I said, McDermott must have a lot confidence in Culley as there’s a lot riding on his hire.  I’m just saying as a fan, I would prefer a QB Coach with more experience.  

8 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

What are you babbling about ?

When you can't read I know its difficult especially if you have real attitude. When you get older and can read you will understand that I spoke in English and not kindergarten.

8 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

The only thing laughable here is your take on the coach and thinking that he would undermine his own selection that they moved up for in the 1st round, and thinking that he is not 100% in sync with BB on Allen. Allen will get the job as soon as he is consistently able to make all the correct reads and within the scheme and apply them across varied defensive looks, have full control of the huddle and be able to sight adjust to get the offense in good positions vs. defensive adjustments and execute the plays called with enough consistency that his inevitably large YPC will overcome any small discrepancy in completion percentage that the other 2 may have over him (for now). Once he is able to do that, he'll get the gig. AJ and Nate are clearly just placeholders for Josh's job. Coach is executing a plan that he, BB and the other staff agree on for this. Coach, you and I all want Josh in there sooner than later, and doing it this way will also maintain the respect coach has gotten from the other 52 members of the team. He may earn it prior to game 1, he may not. Your weak and odd take on this process somehow being undermined by coach is not shared by others other than possibly the most jaded, paranoid or misinformed Bills fans.

What is laughable is that you are saying that both AJ and Nate are ALREADY doing the things that Allen must do. Really? I think not.

9 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

I agree and this quote today from Carucci emphasizes your point on how consistent AJ has been and is. Problem is you are ok with this "consistency" and I am not." McCarron continues to hold the ball too long, seemingly searching for receivers to gain sufficient separation before he'll let the ball go. He had at least two passes that were delivered late and what would have been a sack if the defense was allowed to hit the quarterback. " A model for Allen to strive for. lol

10 hours ago, tumaro02 said:

I have read almost every word of every reporter since he was drafted and traveled to SJF to see for myself. He is a #7 overall pick treated like a 7th round pick. Period. Unlike the vast experience of McCarron and Peterman (oops!) who have earned first team reps because ahh... they were first round picks...no... ahhh... hmmmm they were so faaarrrr ahead of him in the playbook 2 months ago? Next thing you know McClown will say he had dug deep in his vast experience pool  in developing QBs as in NONE to recall what Andy Reid did nearly 20 years ago developing Donovan McNabb. So original and laughable.

BillsTroll.jpg

2 hours ago, tumaro02 said:

I agree and this quote today from Carucci emphasizes your point on how consistent AJ has been and is. Problem is you are ok with this "consistency" and I am not." McCarron continues to hold the ball too long, seemingly searching for receivers to gain sufficient separation before he'll let the ball go. He had at least two passes that were delivered late and what would have been a sack if the defense was allowed to hit the quarterback. " A model for Allen to strive for. lol

Not too bright at interpreting my response but all right. Never talked about being ok with anything. Just providing reasons for why the situation is the way it is right now. And yes the other 2 guys CURRENTLY have a better grasp of the whole role of being a starting QB. That won't last for long. Argue against yourself though if you like. Your main area of embarrassment to concern yourself with would be your wacky conclusions about McD.