David Culley Talks Bills' QB Competition

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He does a good job teaching our quarterbacks how to run routes and catch footballs.

God dammit Josh..that's not the way you run an out.  Gotta be crisper on that cut...quit rounding **** off...

McDermott is a genius keeping the rotation between Peterman and AJMcCarron. I think it's for more reasons than just a competition. You get both these guys plenty of reps because there could be a chance you might see both these guys playing games if an injury happens. 

Allen in the competition that is great if they really feel like he can be a contender for the starting role this season. I hope they did thier due diligence in coaching him up to a point they feel that confident he could start this season. 

I want Allen in the competition. It will make him better. He should pick up on the things the other guys do better and adapt it to his game. That's how you win a competition. He can easily win physically with that rocket launcher if he has that mental game down. He can learn from Peterman those quick reads as well.

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

I think I know less about our QB coach than any other coach on this staff.  

If you can access it, a nice article from the Buff News about him. I thought it was pretty encouraging.

Bills QB coach Culley endorsed as 'right guy' to work with Josh Allen

• Thank you (+1) 1

I guess you can debate how much impact a QB Coach has on the talent, but sometimes I wish the Bills hired a coach with a better track record for developing QB’s or an upcoming coach with potential.

The vast majority of Culley’s experience has been as a WR coach and he is a veteran who is respected around NFL circles.  Still he has no experience developing QB’s.  I guess Beane and McDermott are comfortable with him though.  Their jobs are on the line and they trust him to coach up the franchise QB

18 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I guess you can debate how much impact a QB Coach has on the talent, but sometimes I wish the Bills hired a coach with a better track record for developing QB’s or an upcoming coach with potential.

The vast majority of Culley’s experience has been as a WR coach and he is a veteran who is respected around NFL circles.  Still he has no experience developing QB’s.  I guess Beane and McDermott are comfortable with him though.  Their jobs are on the line and they trust him to coach up the franchise QB

As with any job search you have to hire from the candidates who apply. Did you have someone specific in mind?

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I got that hat!

and Cully is a great football guy! He can really help our QBs

Yeah!  It's obvious a lot of fans have prejudged him because he's been a WR coach throughout his pro career.  But judging from what Buffalo's three QBs have been doing in training camp and the first preseason game, he must be doing something right.  I was looking for a hat like that to use while mowing my lawn - all 2.5 acres.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Yeah!  It's obvious a lot of fans have prejudged him because he's been a WR coach throughout his pro career.  But judging from what Buffalo's three QBs have been doing in training camp and the first preseason game, he must be doing something right.  I was looking for a hat like that to use while mowing my lawn - all 2.5 acres.

Yea I don’t have that prejudice because he is very respected in coaching circles. He is a technician 

you live around Buffalo? They have the bucket hats at the Bills store and probably laux sporting goods

If Josh Allen wins the QB competition fair and square, then so be it. 

But my only thing is that once he goes in as the starter, I want him to STAY in. 

I absolutely do not want to have to pull him because he’s not ready. I’d rather not take any chance at hurting his confidence level. 

If Allen is named starter, they just have to be damn sure he’s ready to stay in. 

Otherwise, if there’s any doubt, go with AJ or Nate. 

Its a lot easier to switch from Nate/AJ to Josh than vise versa. 

• Like (+1) 4

The full version was on local TV.  

"What has stood out to you most with this QB competition?"

"Well, they are both competing …. all three are competing" etc

Maybe a  little slip of the tongue, maybe not, but he shifted from 'both' to 'all three'.