Anyone remember November 29. 1998?

njbuff

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

For anybody who doesn't remember or is just a little foggy on just how good Eric Moulds was, check out 1:45.

He is never forgotten by those of us who saw  him play.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Great story, thanks for sharing.  Best line: "He suspected that mafia money came in on the Patriots and that helped lead to the insane finish."   Seems like a logical explanation to me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2018 at 9:17 AM, Ned Flanders said:

Great story, thanks for sharing.  Best line: "He suspected that mafia money came in on the Patriots and that helped lead to the insane finish."   Seems like a logical explanation to me.

Bills thought they were up 2 scores and went into the prevent to allow the last second backdoor spread-changing TD

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Actually you do have to remind me how this game went.  What are we, all "Rain Men" that know what happened one November day almost 20 years ago?

I don't even think I know what day "No Goal", "Wide Right", or "Music City Miracle" was on. How am I supposed to know what the OP meant?

Edited by wagon127

11 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I don't even think I know what day "No Goal", "Wide Right", or "Music City Miracle" was on. How am I supposed to know what the OP meant?

that's okay, some fans are a bit more hardcore on one or two facts, makes sports fun

I know it makes me a bad Bills fan, but I don't really hate the Pats.  They were entirely irrelevant when we were good, then we've been irrelevant the entirety of the time they've been good.  If we hadn't been shooting ourselves in the foot for the last 18 years, then sure, I'm sure I would hate them plenty, but it's tough to hate them too much when we haven't ever put ourselves in position to succeed.

10 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I know it makes me a bad Bills fan, but I don't really hate the Pats.  They were entirely irrelevant when we were good, then we've been irrelevant the entirety of the time they've been good.  If we hadn't been shooting ourselves in the foot for the last 18 years, then sure, I'm sure I would hate them plenty, but it's tough to hate them too much when we haven't ever put ourselves in position to succeed.

There's probably 2 or 3 competent teams in the NFL and the Pats are one of them.

I don't have to cheer for them to give them props for their system and achievements.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:56 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

I remember every minute of that day.  I woke up at 10:17 AM that morning, ate a bagel with orange juice for breakfast, then went into the bathroom &  showered, then got dressed & put on a Bills sweatshirt.  For lunch I ate a personal pizza with a 20 oz. bottle of Coke.  I turned on the TV and watched the Jets dominate Carolina and at 4 I  switched to the Bills game at NE.  I remember every play & every commercial.  I especially liked a local commercial for a car dealer where the owner dressed up like a chicken and I yelled at the screen "You look just like Pete Carroll" as I mocked the then-Patriots head coach.  Then came the hail mary and I was cursing at the TV.  I then ate dinner & watched TV before going to sleep at 11:37 PM.   

Bull$h1t. 

Pizza Hut stopped selling personal pizzas for two years between 1997-1999. Busted..

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

Bull$h1t. 

Pizza Hut stopped selling personal pizzas for two years between 1997-1999. Busted..

almost bankrupted on that promotion where free slices were handed out if the Raptors lost by more than 20 points

22 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It was a Red Baron frozen pizza that I microwaved.  

Oh yeah? Next you're going to tell me it was pepperoni because the sausage ones were on sale, but they were sold out. That was after you bought a bunch of bananas that you noticed were just on the cusp of ripeness, but figured if you didn't get to them all in the next couple of days it was okay, because on 2 DEC 1998 at 11:37 you were baking banana bread.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

There's probably 2 or 3 competent teams in the NFL and the Pats are one of them.

I don't have to cheer for them to give them props for their system and achievements.

That's pretty much where I am.  I certainly don't cheer for them, but I don't get upset when they have positive results.