Anyone remember November 29. 1998?

njbuff

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I don't have to remind anyone how this game went.

But my question is................... Is this truly the day you started hating the Patriots or was it after Tom Brady became a Superstar?

For me, it was this day in 1998.

It was after Brady became a super star.  Before, I thought they were just another team.

They went 5-11 the year before they won their first Super Bowl.  I thought they were going to be bad again for years to come.

31 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh i recall now, that is when lil Bum got so upset he yanked the team off the field and the Pats then went for 2 and shockingly got it, worst is they threw it to pad individual stats

You can’t pad stats on a 2 point conversion... they don’t count

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I really, really started to dislike them then.  But they didn't reach hate level until Brady and spygate

Spygate changed everything. Up until then I could respect what they were doing while very much disliking them. That and the 2007 season with how arrogant they were every game made me utterly despised them. I was at 56-10.

This game is not when I started to hate the patriots*-this is the day I realized that some teams just do not rate effort from officials. I watched at my Brother in Laws house-before I was married to his sister- and I was screaming like never before.  Those officials were awful down the stretch and appeared to not even be aware of the rules. The day I hated the patriots* was a complete 180 from the previous week. When I found out that they were cheating in such a huge manner in spygate I hated them. I generally appreciate greatness even against me.( Love Montana, Favre, Marino, Mannings) 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This game is not when I started to hate the patriots*-this is the day I realized that some teams just do not rate effort from officials. I watched at my Brother in Laws house-before I was married to his sister- and I was screaming like never before.  Those officials were awful down the stretch and appeared to not even be aware of the rules. The day I hated the patriots* was a complete 180 from the previous week. When I found out that they were cheating in such a huge manner in spygate I hated them. I generally appreciate greatness even against me.( Love Montana, Favre, Marino, Mannings) 

they allowed a 4th down catch where there was no way the Pat was inbounds on that drive.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Can someone break it down for a youngin?

Not only did the officials give a first down where clearly it was not warranted, they called a hail mary pass interference where there was more contact from patriots* than Bills. that game coupled with the Jets being given a win a week or so later against seattle I think forced the NFL to bring back replay.

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Didn't need a clue here...

Being in our division, I never liked them, but the despise-o-meter reached new numbers when they went to the flying Elvis on their helmet...they $chit-canned one of the best logos in the NFL.

I’ve hated them since they beat us in a playoff game in ‘63. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Not only did the officials give a first down where clearly it was not warranted, they called a hail mary pass interference where there was more contact from patriots* than Bills. that game coupled with the Jets being given a win a week or so later against seattle I think forced the NFL to bring back replay.

Ah yes, the infamous Testaverde QB sneak TD on the last play of regulation.  The refs seemingly called it a TD because the football logo on Testaverde's helmet crossed the goal line, but the actual football didn't get within two feet of it.  That was a disgrace.

Edited by mannc

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I doubled my meds to see if I could remember 2008 let alone 1998.....Jesus............

I tested myself with lunch yesterday for starters, then quit playing the game....

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh i recall now, that is when lil Bum got so upset he yanked the team off the field and the Pats then went for 2 and shockingly got it, worst is they threw it to pad individual stats

They did not throw it. The kicker ran it in.